PDA

View Full Version : Confused.com

Invisible
12-Apr-09, 00:29
Just wondering if the ppl on the tv really are saving money with confused.com has anyone else tried it?
And did you find it a "doddle"

Which brings me on to my next question which adverts make you cringe.
I used to switch channels when the OUST add came on with those smug housewifes and their lame lip syncing.

bekisman
12-Apr-09, 10:01
A week ago a friend of ours tried confused.com for their car insurance, a doddle? no, they could not even get past the section on Job Description. She runs a B&B (like countless thousands in UK) but there is no description for that, no, there's no 'Guest House proprietor' - 'accommodation provider' boarding house' etc so she emailed confused.com about it and four days later it came back to put herself down as 'Hotel Manager' and then change it when she got to the company of her choice.. what?

So instead used gocompare.com and within minutes had got insurance with the AA - which surprisingly enough was the cheapest quote!

Mik.M.
12-Apr-09, 11:32
All the comparisome websites claim that they are the cheapest. Try them all,you`ll see that companies that are on a couple of them have different prices for each site. It`s all to do with the amount of comission that they have to pay them. Comparethemeerkat.com is a funny site though.:lol: Simples:lol:

Geo
12-Apr-09, 21:57
confused.com worked fine for me but I try a few such sites.

Once you get the top few cheapest quotes, go to quidco.com and see which of them is offering the biggest cashback for an even better price.

Macwull
12-Apr-09, 22:47
I've just renewed my car insurance, I tried confused.com, tesco compare and comapre the market found the cheapest quote on the cis website itself though and they sell through all above websites!! So not always the cheapest. Once I found out that cis was the cheapest went through quidco.com and hopefully in bout 3months I should receive £70 cashback! Not bad for doing something I had to do anyway!!!

poppett
12-Apr-09, 23:24
Confused.com tried to tell me my car did not exist, and a previous car was a different make altogether. Brilliant prices from Hastings direct and NFU local office in Brabster street for car and van insurance.

BRIE
13-Apr-09, 09:15
we have done our car & home insurance through them. we saved loads!!:D

Kodiak
13-Apr-09, 12:34
Swiftcover.com was the best insuance company for me. Quick and easy and the most important thing, the cheapest. Well worth going to get a quote from.