PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Platform Closed

the_count
11-Apr-09, 17:52
Due to mindless vandalism (children who haven't been taught respect) the viewing platform is now closed as it has been considered to unsafe by the council or authourative body in charge. I popped down to investigate the damage and get photos:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/countlicker/P1090742.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/countlicker/P1090741.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/countlicker/P1090752.jpg

the_count
11-Apr-09, 17:56
I've posted this so everybody on the org can have a rant so feel free to let it flow lol. personally i think that the people who let their children go out and do these sort of things should have their front doors set on fire .... preferably with their children being used as tinder:D

Bazeye
11-Apr-09, 17:56
Is that at Dunnet beach?

the_count
11-Apr-09, 17:59
no bazeye its the one on Wick river:roll:

Venture
11-Apr-09, 18:00
I've posted this so everybody on the org can have a rant so feel free to let it flow lol. personally i think that the people who let their children go out and do these sort of things should have their front doors set on fire .... preferably with their children being used as tinder:D

Can I ask if you have proof that it was children?

buddyrich
11-Apr-09, 18:00
Vandalism is particularly cruel and pointless, especially when it's something thats provided for the community to use.

I was never much of a vandal. I was bored a lot in my youth but didnt assuage it by smashing stuff up. Mainly because i was raised to have some kind of consciense.

buddyrich
11-Apr-09, 18:02
Good point, there's no proof that it was children, but you dont generally see pensioners or middle aged people going round raising hell like that.

the_count
11-Apr-09, 18:05

does one need proof ... surely these sort of acts are performed by children, if they were adults they obviously have the mental age of a twelve year old and shouldn't be allowed out unattended :D

pat
11-Apr-09, 19:02
If the perpetrators are found guilty in a court they should be made to pay the appropriate costs -

If they are old enough - their own car, bike, computer etc

If they are too young to have a car - their PS or WII, bike, laptop.

if they know their own personal stuff is going to get taken away and destroyed in front of them, will vandalism stop or slow down at least?

This is wilful damage and vandalism - the parents of the perpetrators should be ashamed of their offspring, no matter how old their off spring may be - it does not have to be a youngster.

Who ever did this went home smelling of igniter (petrol?)and woodsmoke.

EDDIE
11-Apr-09, 19:09
Its a bit silly closing it down and letting the vandal win going by the photo its about 5 to 6 length of board to fix it whats the councils problem

upolian
11-Apr-09, 19:12
i agree with the above post

the_count
11-Apr-09, 19:30
i do agree with you eddie it does seem silly, but they have to take into account the infirm, kids falling into it (they do run without looking), and anyone taking their dogs up there would be most upset should there dog fall through, so until it gets fixed it remains closed.[lol]

catran
11-Apr-09, 19:50
What wanton damage, where will they strike next? Thought it was Dunnet as well as we were all there yesterday being on holiday and it was OK then.

Surely children would not do this must have been teenagers at least. Is it the same hooligan mob that vandalizes everywhere? Have heard that the boabies cars have been out and about a lot in wick today which apparently is most unusual.

dirdyweeker
11-Apr-09, 20:19
Its a bit silly closing it down and letting the vandal win going by the photo its about 5 to 6 length of board to fix it whats the councils problem

......Money?

golach
11-Apr-09, 20:40
It might not be "children" for the want of a better term, but I would be certain it was not the Senior Citizens of Wick that did it.

bonami
11-Apr-09, 21:06
I think you are insulting most 12yr olds I would say a much younger mental age than that. By watching my grandchildren they seem to be past the age of wanton destruction by the age of 3yrs. Once again a total lack of respect for anything or anyone. I think there parents are to blame and if they are cought parents should be held responsible and made to pay for the damage this might just lead to a drop in the vandalism. Mind you it just might be parents themselves that are the culprits.

catran
11-Apr-09, 21:19
I think you are insulting most 12yr olds I would say a much younger mental age than that. By watching my grandchildren they seem to be past the age of wanton destruction by the age of 3yrs. Once again a total lack of respect for anything or anyone. I think there parents are to blame and if they are cought parents should be held responsible and made to pay for the damage this might just lead to a drop in the vandalism. Mind you it just might be parents themselves that are the culprits.
Only too true it is an insult to a twelve year old and as you say once they get to three years old they come to sense and are so eager to learn and given the right upbringing most reach adulthood without any (cant say bother as they still are) blemishes.

northener
11-Apr-09, 21:24
.........Have heard that the boabies cars have been out and about a lot in wick today which apparently is most unusual.

There were a few extra kicking about Wick last night as it was the start of the holiday weekend, Waterfront was open and a bash on at the Assembly rooms. Probably the Plod sussed there'd be a load of the younger end kicking about the town, so they came prepared.

catran
11-Apr-09, 21:33
There were a few extra kicking about Wick last night as it was the start of the holiday weekend, Waterfront was open and a bash on at the Assembly rooms. Probably the Plod sussed there'd be a load of the younger end kicking about the town, so they came prepared.
were they walking??????Cant remember the last time a saw a fuzzie walking.