PDA

View Full Version : What grinds your gears? Rant here, it's therapeutic.

woofit
11-Apr-09, 17:27
Well I'm new to the org. and this thing has probably been done before...but hey ho...I'm in the mood for a rant hehe... Anyone else wanna join in?

What grinds your gears? What annoys you? I'll start off with a few of mine...Please join in. I have, of course, tried to stay clear of the obvious tetchy topics (racism, bigotry, religion, politics, immigration etc etc) so don't have a go at missing the 'bigger' topics in life.

1. Letters from HM Revenue and Customs. Especially the ones relating to working tax credit!!! Grrrrrrr [evil] Enough said.

2. 'Mute' people who work in jobs dealing with the public. Blank, sullen, eye avoidant mutes. How do these people get jobs anyway?? It doesn't take much, and I'm not really expecting a full blown intellectual conversation, even a 'hello' will do. It doesn't cost anything to be nice, nobody should be made to feel 'invisible'.

3. Those store detectives that follow you around....do I really look that dodgy??? You don't need to ask me what I'm in the store for...it's my business...ok?? So...I can't decide what to buy...is it a crime?? eh nooooo...leave me alone!

4. People who use the word 'floor' instead of 'ground'...Not getting racist here, heaven forbid....but I have to say that those who are found south of the Scottish border are particulary prone to this one. In my opinion...and of course, I could be completely wrong here...(but I ken I'm not!) Floor, to me....means inside some building..and not outside. In my humble Scottish opinion...people are not stabbed outside some club, and fall to the floor...they fall to the ground...coz they are outside the club...yeah?

5. Okay...better make this my last...for fear of boring people hehe. Those STUPID signs that people hang up in their cars...such as....'BABY ON BOARD' and ' PRINCESS ON BOARD' and ' LITTLE PRINCE ON BOARD'.... I'm sorry....but does anybody really care????? Does anybody really drive any differently coz you have a baby or a princess or a prince on board??? Eh No!!!! I'm not being anti-child here..coz I am actually a mother...but I wouldn't display one of those signs..because they are just NAFF...STUPID...and POINTLESS!!! If you are to believe the common view that those that drive, do not have sufficient eyesight to do so in the first place...then displaying such signs...will only make the 'blin' people drive closer to your car to read the said stupid saying and therefore put your 'baby', 'princess' or 'prince' in danger....therefore....do not display such feckless signs!!!!

Phew....and breathe!!! Anybody else feel like a rant???

binbob
11-Apr-09, 18:12
having one on post above u...but i do agree with the LITTLE PRINCE and PRINCESS thing.they are children,special very much so......but when i see these on cars..please pass me the sick bowl!!;)

welcome to the madhouse ,by the way..happy ranting and posting.:D

teenybash
11-Apr-09, 18:19
Hi Woofit and welcome aboard the org.....:D

pat
11-Apr-09, 18:49
Welcome to the org.

Yes those signs in cars annoy me - they were intended originally to advise/alert (if there was an accident) the emergency service there was a little one on board.
Now I just think there are nincompoops in the car, one more thing to block the rear window so they cannot see out of their rear view mirror.

butterfly
11-Apr-09, 19:04
Welcome to the org Woofit.

Julia
11-Apr-09, 20:49
Ha Ha, I've got one of those in my car which says 'children on board - keep your distance!', it's pretty much warning about my kids though, you know like a joke!

Binbob - why does it make you want to reach for a sick bucket?

Things that grind my gears...

Smoking i.e. having to wade through a bunch of smokers when trying to get into Wetherspoons with my kids
Litterbugs
Bad spelling and grammar - (unless dyslexic otherwise there is no excuse in this day and age)
Cheeky children
People living off the state with no intention of getting a job to support themselves or their families

I could go on and on and on.... but these are the first few that sprang to mind, no doubt I'll be back later to add some more ;)

BTW welcome aboard Woofit!

binbob
11-Apr-09, 21:27
absolutely no disrespect about children s safety....i just think children are just children....and very special.but they are NOT princes/princess.

would they really want to be??
i used to have a sticker on my cars saying

SHOW OFFS IN TRANSIT...my cocker spaniels!!!
i also think driving safely and keeping distances safe between cars should be afforded to EVERYONE of ANY age.
happy easter.;)

catran
11-Apr-09, 21:51
Ha Ha, I've got one of those in my car which says 'children on board - keep your distance!', it's pretty much warning about my kids though, you know like a joke!

Smoking i.e. having to wade through a bunch of smokers when trying to get into Wetherspoons with my kids
Litterbugs
Bad spelling and grammar - (unless dyslexic otherwise there is no excuse in this day and age)
Cheeky children
People living off the state with no intention of getting a job to support themselves or their families

I could go on and on and on.... but these are the first few that sprang to mind, no doubt I'll be back later to add some more ;)

BTW welcome aboard Woofit!
Yes smoking, bad spelling, difficult when one types with two fingers, cheeky children definitely abhor and people living off the state - do not get me started, too many off that type getting off with whatever.

Workers who are always off sick, a pet hate, they have a job but if they work for certain whatever life is all about siccies. Six months full pay, six months half pay and then they recover..... I could go on and on but never mind I am on holiday and going away for the next three weeks all on my hard earned money.

Those claiming invalidity when nought wrong with them. Just watch the scene. Do not get me wrong there is cases where it is genuine but again a lot that is not correct but what can a poor old codger do to change the world in which we live.£195 when you are x weeks prenant and then £500 on the arrival of junior and being only sixteen we get a council house. So where, what is wrong?

Never mind welcome to the Org but I am going my holidays and no Org where I am going.

mums angels
11-Apr-09, 22:05
Haha i have four of those signs in my car each personalised with my kids names on (eg billy on board) ..they are not for other drivers they are or me .. i like my car personalised and thats how i choose to do it . ( p.s they don't block my view as they are below my vision )

things that annoy me

benifit cheats
parents who avoid responsibility
parents who think their child can do no wrong
drivers that drive too close
rude shopkeepers/cashiers

etc etc

catran
11-Apr-09, 22:18
Haha i have four of those signs in my car each personalised with my kids names on (eg billy on board) ..they are not for other drivers they are or me .. i like my car personalised and thats how i choose to do it . ( p.s they don't block my view as they are below my vision )

things that annoy me

benifit cheats
parents who avoid responsibility
parents who think their child can do no wrong
drivers that drive too close
rude shopkeepers/cashiers

etc etc
Like it the kids names that is good and yes the growing number of parents who think their children can do no wrong. Of course all kiddies can get up to pranks they are no little angels regardless of what we think of them so I am delighted you said that as I know people who think their kiddies are the bees knees and in actual fact they are little terrorists.........I know, been about bairns for a long time and I think we know all their little whatever was to say idisosincracies but cant spell it so will give it a miss.No spell check on this the missus machine. At least I cant find it..

teenybash
12-Apr-09, 00:01
Do you know I have thought all day about what to say concerning what annoys me and I think it is people who are in jobs that are ill qualified or experienced to carry them out...........sometimes they are just plain stupid but, had/have the gift of the gab.........I am probably thinking about the government of this country.............[disgust]
Know alls, you know those folk who think they have the answer to everything except their own stupidity and of course all of the above....I might have another think and come up with somemore.:roll:

Kenn
12-Apr-09, 01:20
Intolerance,politicans,intolerance .

annemarie482
12-Apr-09, 09:49
last night i had a group of semi naked young teenage girls aged 13-15 walking by my house regularly, obviously drunk by the the shouting and arguing not to mention the clinging to the walls to be able to walk in shoes that (by heel height) posh spice would be proud of .
yet do parents find this acceptable? or do they just not know what their kids are doing?
i can honestly say there is no way on this earth my daughter would be allowed out at 2 in the morning let alone wearing so little and in that drunken state.
rant over! :D

binbob
12-Apr-09, 10:17
last night i had a group of semi naked young teenage girls aged 13-15 walking by my house regularly, obviously drunk by the the shouting and arguing not to mention the clinging to the walls to be able to walk in shoes that (by heel height) posh spice would be proud of .
yet do parents find this acceptable? or do they just not know what their kids are doing?
i can honestly say there is no way on this earth my daughter would be allowed out at 2 in the morning let alone wearing so little and in that drunken state.
rant over! :D

that would probably have little princess folk!!!!:roll:

Fluff
12-Apr-09, 18:20
I hate rude customers! What makes people think they can eff and blind etc, often while shouting, at you because something has not gone 100% right or they are not getting their way. Hello, I am a person!

I do like sprinkles on my ice cream though!

Invisible
12-Apr-09, 18:20
I agree with all of the above.
time to let off some steam of my own.

kettle on

Well lets start with a minor one. I hate it when I get given change at a shop or whatever and its just dropped in my hand with my receipt without even having a chance to check if i get the right change back or being told how much im getting back. the machines tell the operators how much to give back.

Being told that your doing something rather than being asked to do it (if that makes any sense). For instance I was signed up to play at the Music Festival but I had already booked holidays and was cheekily told to cancel them. I didn't cancel and had a good holiday. And it costs nothing to ask.

People who do not use indicators at roundabouts - very dangerous.
Give way to the right. Don't use your phoned while driving.

kettle is whistling.

Being told your just a friend by a girl. This is a petty one but it bugs me when you think everything is going well and they are nice and chatty you ask them to go out and all of a sudden its like "Don't be stupid". Just because I ask someone out doesn't mean I want to marry and start a family. There is nothing more heartbreaking well for me and i should know this has happened 3 or more times now lol. Im not the bonniest looking chap and I still think some girls are really vain. While on the subject of girls why is it when I compliment a girl on her looks she kinda distances herself from me???? ha.

Kids playing football right beside a "no ball game" sign.

and lastly it really grinds my gears when i take a bite of a biscuit and it falls apart.

kettle has boiled.

hotrod4
12-Apr-09, 18:24
What gets me is Numpties who look down their nose at people thinking they are superior when in reality they aint all that.

And just to upset absolutely everyone I dont get on with Gay,Black,one-legged,semi blind Partially deaf dwarves who are Islamic with a hint of catholism thrown in for good measure!!!![lol]

Rheghead
12-Apr-09, 18:31
Personalised number plates are a mild annoyance. Other anoyances are letters after folks names on business cards, golf, litter (major one that), folk who pull up to junctions too fast and wacky house paint jobs.

shazzap
12-Apr-09, 18:35
People making assumptions about you.

horseman
12-Apr-09, 18:49
Being as I am entirely homophobic-totally all together an haggis bashing in the extreme-what is it you are trying to convey!

Jeid
12-Apr-09, 19:03
http://www.breakfastblogger.com/wp-content/photos/what_grinds_my_gears.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? You America... f... oh, wait a second!

joxville
12-Apr-09, 19:17
Cilla Black, This Morning, Jeremy Kyle, drivers who don't indicate-I'm not a mind reader so how am I supposed to know where you're darn well headed?, civil marriages and gay adoption, political correctness, bigotry, Government Ministers and their contempt towards the tax-payer, TV cookery shows and 'celebrity chefs'-especially Gordon Ramsass, TV soaps-far too many hours of it every week and bosses that don't have respect for their workforce.

thejudd
12-Apr-09, 19:23
totally agree with most of the rants above
I think the biggest thing that grinds on my gears is that i have heard that some alcoholics on benefits get an extra £10. Why oh why????? as they are never gonna get a job or even look for one, as they are spending their extra money on boozeand getting pissed.

ecb
13-Apr-09, 12:11
If you like this thread, you might like the following site:

http://www.grumpieroldmen.co.uk/

Grumps about just about everything under the Sun, but also some jokes etc. My membership doesn't seem to be active anymore, possibly because I didn't vent enough spleen on the site, if so this really grinds my gears!

ShelleyCowie
13-Apr-09, 12:25
Hmmm i could rant on in this thread.

But just a few words to sum up what gets me goin is "Some people"

That will cover it! :D

BRIE
13-Apr-09, 13:16
things that grind my gears are rude children! their is no excuse for parents who let their children get away with this, if any of my children were rude to an adult I would kick their rear!

Drivers that brake every time the road bends slightly, or drivers that pull out in front of you then sit at 20mph.

Shop assistants that stand chatting to their friends or on the phone while your stood waiting for them to serve you.

People who stop walking in the middle of the street to talk on their phones, have they ever wondered why their called MOBILE phones!!

northener
13-Apr-09, 13:27
Margarine.

People who wear their hoods up when it's not cold or raining.

Berks who stand in the road to have conversation with the driver of a vehicle - why do they look offended when my wing mirror whacks their arse?;) Gerroff the road yer prat!

Beauty product ads.

Ignorance.

The 'Celebrity' culture.

Tabloid papers and TV.

And that bloke that looked at me funny in the Grog and Gruel pub in Fort William.

balto
13-Apr-09, 17:52
Well what really grinds me is spitting, was speaking to arat (no not the 4 legged kind, a member oh the org), we were having a yap outside my house today when this young male walked past us, hacked his throat and spat it out in front of us, how rude and disgusting[evil][evil] rant over.

porshiepoo
13-Apr-09, 18:42
People who park outside the Newspaper Office with the drivers side door left wide open while they pop in to get a delivery and care not a toss about the back log of traffic it causes.

Spoilt kids whose parents only know how to let them get whatever they want whenever they want it.

Yapping dogs left outside all day to bark but the owners don't care cos they're at work anyways and can't hear the noise.

People in shops who are having a chin wag with the check out lady even though they're all packed and ready to go and there's a line of people tapping their toes behind them. (Seems to happen alot up here).

People who like to think they're right when I know they're wrong. :lol:

Fluff
13-Apr-09, 18:44
Brie, if the assistant is on the phone how can they serve you? or do you mean on the phone to their friends?

Liz
13-Apr-09, 18:52
People who think they are better than others and that only their opinion counts.[evil]

George Brims
14-Apr-09, 00:06
People who do not use indicators at roundabouts - very dangerous. Give way to the right.
Yesterday for the first time I went through a roundabout in the USA. I had heard there were a few across here, but I had never met one before. Last time I went around a roundabout in that direction was in 1978 in Majorca! It was quite funny seeing the look of puzzlement on people's faces yesterday. It obviously confused people. They picked a good spot for it though, as it is a point where 3 streets and three highway on-off ramps come together.

Vistravi
14-Apr-09, 01:03
Where do i start eday?!

Right now i'm really annoyed at one of my partner's friends. He was really pissed me off with his childish behaviour 2 sat nites ago. He's 23 years old and needs to start acting it instead of 5. I wasn't feeling too good 2 saturdays ago and drink hit me hard. my partner being the caring and loving guy he is made sure i got to the toilet before we went home and his friend kept on trying to push open the door and as the lock is ed on it kept opening the door. If i had been able i'd have punched his lights out for his childish bahaviour. Now i'm refusing to even be around his presence. Can not be bothered with that rubbish. Also found out from a friend he told my friend before he met me that i was this and that. It's a good thing my friend felt differently when he met me.
My partner thinks we should work it out but to be honest i can't be bothered cos he's a two faced sod anyway so couldn't trust him as far as i could throw him.
He's awoken my temper and i can't be around him esp when drink is flowing as i will punch him for the 2 sat nites ago and prop make things alot worse for everyone esp my partner as he is one of his best friends. But on this guy i don't care. I will not let that behaviour slide. I will speak to him when he admits he was childish that night. That is one of the things i hate about people esp people who are older than me. The words Grow up and act your age not your shoe size ovb mised them. gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mccaugm
14-Apr-09, 09:22

Litterbugs
Cheeky children

Basically all of the above...

parents/(pregnant women) who smoke round their children especially in cars...thats cruel.

The constant adverts for HD services on SKY...they seem to be on ALL the time.

Patronising people

Fuel bills...they seem to go up all the time..my electricity meter seems to spin so fast it makes me dizzy to watch

Teenagers who seem to increase my fuel bills as they are surgically attached to all things electrical, PS systems, Xboxes, laptops..et al.

Gimme time I will come up with more...

annemarie482
14-Apr-09, 09:34
i cant stand those bingo ads! there must be thousands!

BRIE
14-Apr-09, 12:37
things that grind my gears are rude children! their is no excuse for parents who let their children get away with this, if any of my children were rude to an adult I would kick their rear!

Drivers that brake every time the road bends slightly, or drivers that pull out in front of you then sit at 20mph.

Shop assistants that stand chatting to their friends or on the phone while your stood waiting for them to serve you.

People who stop walking in the middle of the street to talk on their phones, have they ever wondered why their called MOBILE phones!!

cant believe I actually got an infraction for that!![evil] isnt rear & butt the same thing??? ( there goes another infraction for saying it out loud!!) for those that missed it I used stars the first time:confused

justine
14-Apr-09, 14:11
People who are;

Disrespectful
Judgemental
Critical of others
people who go out there way to meet others just to slate them in private
liars
child abusers
thiefs
Fraudsters

Anyone who can be cruel to animals and last but not least adverts for shampoos,deodorants, and all other beauty products.why coz beauty is on the inside not outside, with a few exceptions of course:lol:

justine
14-Apr-09, 14:13
cant believe I actually got an infraction for that!![evil] isnt rear & butt the same thing??? ( there goes another infraction for saying it out loud!!) for those that missed it I used stars the first time:confused

Did you not know about the secret infraction club. Welcome:lol:

Blondie
14-Apr-09, 14:32
Isn't the infraction because you masked the word?

Sandra_B
14-Apr-09, 15:03
People who think the rules don't apply to them.

Rudeness.

Liars

Selfish, self centered people.

Those Malteser adverts.

Thumper
14-Apr-09, 15:25
Two faced people
Liars
People who look down on others
Trollers ;)
Thiefs
Bad manners!!!!!!
Oh and people who spit on the street :eek: x

BRIE
14-Apr-09, 15:34
Isn't the infraction because you masked the word?

It said masking a swearword:confused wouldnt call it a swearword! but yes I AM guilty of masking. oh crikey now ive shouted! I better shut up better I get myself in more trouble:lol:

BRIE
14-Apr-09, 15:44
Brie, if the assistant is on the phone how can they serve you? or do you mean on the phone to their friends?

the ones that have the phone by the till & try & serve you at the same time without even acknowledging that your there!

Bobinovich
14-Apr-09, 15:50
It said masking a swearword:confused wouldnt call it a swearword! but yes I AM guilty of masking. oh crikey now ive shouted! I better shut up better I get myself in more trouble:lol:

Wearing my Mod hat now, the obvious question would be, how is any Mod expected to know what your masked word is? In this case you've indicated it was a 4 letter-word you masked, and to my knowledge there are a great many 4 letter swearwords on the go!

Easy rule of thumb is to use the Preview Post button before hitting the Submit Reply one, and if your word is not automatically masked then the Org does not class it as a swearword and you're free to post it without fear of warning or infraction.

BRIE
14-Apr-09, 15:54
will do that next time bob thanks for the advice. there isnt many 4 letter swear words that would follow kick their ... though is there:confused

northener
14-Apr-09, 15:56
Easy rule of thumb is to use the Preview Post button before hitting the Submit Reply one, and if your word is not automatically masked then the Org does not class it as a swearword and you're free to post it without fear of warning or infraction.

Never thought of that!

Ooooh, this is going to be so much fun......................

BRIE
14-Apr-09, 16:01
Wearing my Mod hat now, the obvious question would be, how is any Mod expected to know what your masked word is? In this case you've indicated it was a 4 letter-word you masked, and to my knowledge there are a great many 4 letter swearwords on the go!

ok bob I tryed that & it allowed it so how did I get an infraction???

Bobinovich
14-Apr-09, 16:18
If you had simply used the word 'butt' it would not have got you an infraction as it's not on the list of auto-masked words. However using four characters instead could mean any four letter word (regardless of what words preceed it, etc.), therefore you got the infraction for masking.

Regardless of what word you intend it to replace, the Mods are not mind readers and have to treat any masked word as a swearword - otherwise why would someone choose to mask it?

Gene Hunt
14-Apr-09, 16:49
People who ask other people standing at Bus or Rail stations when the next train or bus to their destination is. That's what the guy in the big booth with I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N written on it is for, he gets paid for that. Leave me alone, I am eating my sandwich.

Women with Prams who use them as battering rams and expect right of way all the time. Just because you have reproduced doesn't mean that I am going to leap out of your way.

Gay Pride Parades. So your Gay ?? .. good for you. I am heterosexual but you don't see straight men parading down the street barely dressed boasting that we are straight and like women. The obvious need to be seen as "special" is getting a bit much to be honest.

Overweight people in the Gym who think that spending an hour in the Gym automatically means they have lost weight. Spending ten minutes on the rowing machine and the other fifty adjusting your Ipod and pulling the Lycra out of your backside is not a work out. Watching such people complain to the Fitness Instructor that he is rubbish because they haven't lost weight just never gets boring.

And people who go on Jeremy Kyle. Get a life.

14-Apr-09, 16:56
A number of posts have been removed due to deliberate masking.

mccaugm
14-Apr-09, 19:23
This is my rant for this everning, why does the Inverness delivery depot not actually DELIVER parcels and goods. I have waited since 7am this morning for a delivery to be told its STILL IN INVERNESS..surprise surprise. I was so bored I tidied out my sons lego...yes I know how sad that is. I am sooo ANGRY. Its like parcels can only get as far as Inverness...once they are there it appears to be compulsary that they have an overnight stop...WHY? WHY? WHY?

Fluff
14-Apr-09, 19:41
Ah Brie that makes sense now, I agree completely!

Grr my mouse has just broken so I am having to use a different keyboard and mouse now. Isn't it funny how much you get used to one kind!

Bazeye
14-Apr-09, 19:51
Being in the queue at the post office, behind somebody who doesnt speak English.

barmar62
14-Apr-09, 20:45
People who say "Yous" for more than one person, and "persons" when they mean people.:D

celtic88chick
15-Apr-09, 00:42
people who come in to my work an talk down to me an basically think they are better than me cos im a barmaid.

butterfly
15-Apr-09, 01:26
People who have no sense of humour.

Dadie
15-Apr-09, 11:36
Homebase... who have mucked up my kitchen order for the umpteenth time..ordered in feb.....still wrong...

nuff said!

justine
15-Apr-09, 11:42
people who are sad enough to go around slagging everyone off behind their backs.[disgust]

people who are not big enough to say things to your face and hide away behind names on a pc.[disgust]

Kevin Milkins
15-Apr-09, 12:00
It gets my goat is when my elderly mother-in-law phones and asks me a question and when I give her the answer she says "hang on, I will have to go and put my hearing aid in as I can't hear you" Grrr:mad:.

Then she leaves me hanging on the phone for ages while she goes and find it.:~(

Venture
15-Apr-09, 12:06
My grinds are:- People who are never on time. Those who make rules but only apply them to certain people. Those who embarass and belittle people in public. People who strive to be better than others, no matter what the cost. Badly behaved children. Parents who don't know the meaning of the word discipline. Impatient drivers. And last but not least those who inflict cruelty of any kind on animals or children. Rant over.;)

Humerous Vegetable
15-Apr-09, 15:51
Neighbours who have visitors who insist on sounding their car horns when they drive away, to make sure everybody in Caithness knows that they're now leaving. I have a neighbour who beeps when she she goes off to Tesco, even although it's only her partner she's leaving for 10 minutes......

Deemac
16-Apr-09, 12:21
Orgers who write threads using either mobile phone text abbreviations or Caithness accent literal spellings. These go on my ignore list.;)

People who do not use their indicators while driving (even when I am a pedestrian waiting to cross the road down the road from the junction they turn into!)

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 16:10
I am ready to elabourate (Sp). Anyways people that dont wash, people who judge to quick, people that dont pick up mess after animals, thiefs, liars, DIY, going to the doctors.

Thats all i can think on just now! :lol:

justine
16-Apr-09, 16:28
I am ready to elabourate (Sp). Anyways people that dont wash, people who judge to quick, people that dont pick up mess after animals, thiefs, liars, DIY, going to the doctors.

Thats all i can think on just now! :lol:

Whats not to like about DIY.:lol:

butterfly
16-Apr-09, 16:29
People who dont want to work and who think the tax payers owe them a living.[disgust]

ShelleyCowie
16-Apr-09, 16:33
Whats not to like about DIY.:lol:

Its because it means you have to do it yourself! Why would i do that when i have my OH! [lol]

justine
16-Apr-09, 16:36
Its because it means you have to do it yourself! Why would i do that when i have my OH! [lol]

I think its half the fun getting sandy and bitty with oh;)

justine
16-Apr-09, 16:39
People who dont want to work and who think the tax payers owe them a living.[disgust]

annoying aint it.;)

emszxr
16-Apr-09, 16:48
people who cant drive and worse who cant reverse

thats for starters

Gene Hunt
16-Apr-09, 16:51
My extremely tight neighbours, my wife has invited them round again.

We are having our first BBQ of the season on Saturday and they always turn up every year with virtually nothing and eat themselves silly. We never get a return invite. Last year they even took the leftovers home with them. I am going to make a "special" salad for them this year as I am going to drizzle it with a light coating of liquid laxative.

justine
16-Apr-09, 16:53
My extremely tight neighbours, my wife has invited them round again.

We are having our first BBQ of the season on Saturday and they always turn up every year with virtually nothing and eat themselves silly. We never get a return invite. Last year they even took the leftovers home with them. I am going to make a "special" salad for them this year as I am going to drizzle it with a light coating of liquid laxative.

Id be putting extra hot chilli sause on that aswell.

lister
16-Apr-09, 17:25

I totally agree with you Butterfly about people who DONT want to work and expect life on a plate.[disgust]

Blondie
16-Apr-09, 17:31
Yeah and they often have tons of kids and expect the taxpayer to foot the bill for them as well [disgust]

That kind of folk disgust me [disgust]

If you can't support them, then don't have them.

butterfly
16-Apr-09, 17:42
Yeah and they often have tons of kids and expect the taxpayer to foot the bill for them as well [disgust]

That kind of folk disgust me [disgust]

If you can't support them, then don't have them.

Totally agree,and they dont even feel guilty.

Blondie
16-Apr-09, 17:43
That kind of folk have no morals :roll:

justine
16-Apr-09, 17:47
People who are like stuck records and go on and on year after year about the same things.[disgust]

People who get credit cards, get into debt and then moan about it, moan about the interest rates on credit cards and purchases on HP going up
why get them if you cant afford the repayments.

sam
16-Apr-09, 18:04
Most folk who are in debt are the ones who actually work for a living and arent so well paid as those who lie about having one kid after another
as anyone who works knows they have more outgoings than someone who wont / doesnt work, its high time the goverment made some radicle changes after all someone who works doesnt get more money when they have more kids unlike those on the dole who's money goes up and up with every kid they have [disgust] I dont know what grinds my gears more that or the imigrants who come here claiming benefits, mind you there isnt much difference between them.

butterfly
16-Apr-09, 18:34
Totally agree Sam.On the subject of credit cards,never used them. My motto is if you cant pay dont go,simple.As for hp,my thoughts on that are the same!

Thumper
16-Apr-09, 18:42
I agree Butterfly-if you cant afford it dont buy it-my dad always went by the rule!Pity my ex hubby didnt do the same :eek: x

Gene Hunt
16-Apr-09, 18:47
I just received this video link from a colleague in Holland. It shows a HEMS Helicopter that is just about to take off after picking up a casualty for evacuation to Hospital, just watch what the young lad in the light blue coat does about 25 seconds in .. http://www.zie.nl/videos/traumahelikopter-stijgt-op/m1bzt43fxd6x

You might have to watch it more than once to believe it .. [evil][evil]

butterfly
16-Apr-09, 19:07
I just received this video link from a colleague in Holland. It shows a HEMS Helicopter that is just about to take off after picking up a casualty for evacuation to Hospital, just watch what the young lad in the light blue coat does about 25 seconds in .. http://www.zie.nl/videos/traumahelikopter-stijgt-op/m1bzt43fxd6x

You might have to watch it more than once to believe it .. [evil][evil]

Why did he do that?!What a and i hope he got caught for it.

northener
16-Apr-09, 19:41
Dammit, I'm just getting a blank screen on that page.

Gene Hunt
16-Apr-09, 19:50
Dammit, I'm just getting a blank screen on that page.

About 20 seconds in the young lad picks up an object and throws it at the Helicopter which is rotors running with two crew and a casualty. Then he just ambled back while the chopper lifts off. The guy who sent me the clip said the Police caught the idiot later and he said it was a half brick.

The Helo crew were unaware what had happened, good job the idiot didn't damage the Chopper.

northener
16-Apr-09, 19:53
Well, I hope he got dealt with more harshly than he would have over here........

Gene Hunt
16-Apr-09, 19:56
Well, I hope he got dealt with more harshly than he would have over here........

Don't know what happened after that, might e mail my friend to find out. He works at Schipol and says that Holland has an even worse "chav" problem than we do and stuff like that is pretty common.

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 13:09
Another thing that grinds my gears is liars and troublemakers.[disgust]

Invisible
17-Apr-09, 13:39
Ive got more,

TESCO own brand cds, leaving doors open, posers, the over use of the word lol

GetWithTheTimes
17-Apr-09, 13:46
orgers who pick on grammar coz they got nothing intelligent to say back lol narrow minded village people and religion and politics and gaelic extremists rofl

Gene Hunt
17-Apr-09, 14:12
My daughters are in the midst of a "textspeak" phase and keep calling me "Dadz" and "Parental Unit" in their text messages. And when did I become their "m8" ??, and I point blank refuse to "chillz" whatever that is.

Makes me want to go all Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction on the subject of English.

hotrod4
17-Apr-09, 14:50
People who sponge off the state (Enemies of the state I call them!!!) and think that the taxpayer owes them a living.
Nothing against people who genuinely need help but there are some who think its their right to "milk" the system for all its worth and do so at every opportunity.
And people who dont use full stops!!!!![lol] (just joking!!)

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 15:29
People who sponge off the state (Enemies of the state I call them!!!) and think that the taxpayer owes them a living.
Nothing against people who genuinely need help but there are some who think its their right to "milk" the system for all its worth and do so at every opportunity.

Totally agree with you on that one Hotrod.[disgust]

lister
17-Apr-09, 15:44

Oh i'm with you on this one Hotrod they are the real spongers of society often not wanting to work and support there own families(there are some real genuine cases out there so no disrespect cause they need help,thats understandable) they seem to have a real taste for having loads of kids aswell,as many as possible so they can claim benefits for the kids but spend it on themselves.[disgust]

the poacher
17-Apr-09, 17:40
Oh i'm with you on this one Hotrod they are the real spongers of society often not wanting to work and support there own families(there are some real genuine cases out there so no disrespect cause they need help,thats understandable) they seem to have a real taste for having loads of kids aswell,as many as possible so they can claim benefits for the kids but spend it on themselves.[disgust]

what about us who cant work for health reasons and have been advised not to work because it will do more harm than good

are we spongers too

anyway if you got kids under 5 you dont need to work because you are a full time parent in the eyes of the dss
i know this because of my kids.

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 17:47
what about us who cant work for health reasons and have been advised not to work because it will do more harm than good

are we spongers too

anyway if you got kids under 5 you dont need to work because you are a full time parent in the eyes of the dss

Lister is talking about the one's who DONT WANT to work!

lister
17-Apr-09, 17:52

are we spongers too

I'm not against or disrepecting anyone with genuine reasons for being unemployed ,i have been myself and know from 1st hand how it feels and the hardships faced,if you read my post its evident that there are some with only one goal in life and thats to screw the system to there own ends and never to work.