PDA

View Full Version : Summer Holidays- center parcs?

Naefearjustbeer
27-Feb-06, 03:40
Anyone been to centre parcs whinfell ? Thinking about it as a possible holiday destination. What is worrying me is that all the wonderful activities offered all cost extra but the extra costs are not given on the website. Looking for info good or bad to help us make a decision.

ps do I need a passport if I go south of Inverness? :lol: :lol: :lol:

obalam
27-Feb-06, 12:49
We went in 2004 and going again this year. On our first visit the children were 3 and 7 so the only activity cost we had was hiring bikes. It is quite an expensive holiday but we really enjoyed it and are looking forward to August. We didn't have great weather but swam every day which is included in the holiday price.

Saveman
27-Feb-06, 13:06
With the price of flights these days you might be cheaper going abroad. There's nothing like a paddle in the Med!

Naefearjustbeer
27-Feb-06, 14:43
Does the cost of the activities make a substantial increase to the cost, can you remember what sort of prices any of the activities were. I just think that by the time they are not shown on the website they must be pricey. I am concerned that once you arrive that you will be obliged to shell out a lot of extra cash.
Yes we have been looking for abroad holidays as well and I am sure they could be cheaper.

obalam
27-Feb-06, 15:55
I have a book with 2004 prices which has everything in it from beauty treatments to bike hire, is there anything in particular you are looking for.

Naefearjustbeer
01-Mar-06, 02:49
they list activities such as bike hire, archery, quad biking, climbing, abseiling, etc how much do these type of activities cost.

Thanks

obalam
01-Mar-06, 10:35
Archery
12 years and over - £16.90 (1 Hour 55mins)
Beginners - £8.20 (50 mins)

Quads
Adult - £50.00 (1 hour 30 mins)
Mini - £28.50 (1 hour)

Abseiling
8 years and over £13.00 (2 hours)

Climbing

Bikes
Adult Mountainbike £9.00 per day
Child £5.00 per day

I have taken the prices from the 2004 guide but it will give you a rough idea.

Doleve
01-Mar-06, 14:31
One of my friends and their family(2 adults an1 child) went a couple of years ago.They said was a bit expensive but the only extras was mountain bikes.They are going back and this time they are taking their own bikes, but they will be paying for the quads this time.

Naefearjustbeer
01-Mar-06, 21:53
Thanks for that, decision made for me. I think we will be going to Eire instead. At £9 a day for a bike it would cost more for a weeks hire than my bike cost in the first place LOL. Well it did come from www.sterlinghouse.co.uk (http://www.sterlinghouse.co.uk) buy one get one free!!

http://www.sterlinghouse.co.uk/BOGOF/bogof200506.aspx

Archery

Quads
Mini - £28.50 (1 hour)

Abseiling

Climbing

Bikes
Child £5.00 per day

Bobinovich
01-Mar-06, 22:19
Archery

Quads
Mini - £28.50 (1 hour)

Abseiling

Climbing

Bikes
Child £5.00 per day

Extortionate!! We were going to contact them for a brochure until I saw THESE prices. We'll not be bothering now.

Murdina Bug
01-Mar-06, 22:46
I was going to say that I have the most current brochure here as I only received it at the end of last year, but it just says Edition 2 so not sure how current it is now!

Anyhow..... some prices listed for activities are:
Archery (target) - adult £7.20 for 1 hour
Art class - adult £48.00 (55 minute)
Badmington court - £6.10 (45 mins)
Scuba diving - adult £25.50 (1hr)
Fencing - adult £9.20 (1hr)

I can't see prices for anything else although there are 2 pages of activities listed. It's quite a complicated brochure as well I think - very difficult to work out the type of lodge and best discount date for you - they seem to have a special offer for every day of the week! I think the best thing to do is ring the reservations line (08705 200 300), tell them what you want and if the price quoted suits you then book it! It seems to be a great facility and it's a pity that they 'hide' charges in this manner. Probably rely on kids 'pester power' once you get there so that you feel that you have to buy some activities!

Naefearjustbeer
01-Mar-06, 23:25
I am glad it is not only me that thinks it is crazy prices. Our kids are only young so would not really be able to do many of the activities anyway but I think it is quite sneaky how they don't advertise the price list on the website. Seeing the prices I can now understand why, If I had saw that list on the site I would not of even considered the place in the first place

captainbubba
02-Mar-06, 05:31
all these places charge way over the top, abroad is always the best answer.
no-way would i dream of paying that prices for these extras, they could
surely organise a family package. they are pricing families with average
income out of going there. cyprus here i come

Chillie
02-Mar-06, 05:46
I am glad it is not only me that thinks it is crazy prices. Our kids are only young so would not really be able to do many of the activities anyway but I think it is quite sneaky how they don't advertise the price list on the website. Seeing the prices I can now understand why, If I had saw that list on the site I would not of even considered the place in the first place

Never mind all that fancy parks buy a tent got to the bignold park and take all the sporting things with you then it's all free,lets face all those ned's and drugie's are doing it for nought so why not, and getting away with it.:mad: