View Full Version : Tattooist

lotsoflovelorraine
11-Apr-09, 10:42
Hi

can anyone tell me which is the best tattooist to go and see in inverness

Thanks;)

Fran
11-Apr-09, 17:21
There is another thread on here about tatooists, even showing pictures of their lovely tattoos. Most recommend the one in dingwall.

Julia
11-Apr-09, 20:12
I can only recommend one tattooist and thats Calum Mcwilliam in Inverness, he is originally from Castletown.

www.tattooswhileyouwait.com

I've had a tattoo by both the guy in Dingwall and the one in Alness and I would not recommend either.

ellie-lou
11-Apr-09, 23:06
hi there is a new guy started in thurso does them from home,he has a bebo site called thurso tattoos.

lildj
12-Apr-09, 12:33
hi there is a new guy started in thurso does them from home,he has a bebo site called thurso tattoos.

I herd that he is not qualified and just bought a kit off e-bay, but that’s just what I herd don’t know if there is any truth in it

Connor.
12-Apr-09, 12:40
Yeah, it's a bought kit and he's not qualified. His work isn't good either sadly.

northener
12-Apr-09, 12:45
Stick 'tattoo' into the search option - there are a number of threads on this subject.

Please, do not get a tattoo off anyone unless you have seen flesh examples of their work and can get recommendations.

Pretty pictures in a book and needle kits can be bought anywhere - artistic talent with a needle cannot.

mama2
14-Apr-09, 18:13

I'm pretty sure you need to be licenced to do tattoos, pierce ears etc etc so maybe the council would know. They also have to follow very strick hygiene regulations.
I wouldn't let anyone near me with a needle without knowing for certain they were qualified, licenced and could actually do the job.

northener
14-Apr-09, 18:17
I'm pretty sure you need to be licenced to do tattoos, pierce ears etc etc so maybe the council would know. They also have to follow very strick hygiene regulations.
I wouldn't let anyone near me with a needle without knowing for certain they were qualified, licenced and could actually do the job.

Very true, owning a needle gun does not imply professionalism. The problem now is that any muppet can buy the kit online and set up, the Council simply wouldn't have the resources to chase everyone in these cases unless they were alerted to their presence.

mrs and mr brown
18-Apr-09, 11:23
i have tried to look on bebo cant seem to find the page, to see what this is all about,

i know there is a young man that is starting to do tatoos but i dont think he is trained ect, think he bought a gun ect and has started doing pals ect, maybe this is the same person??????

i would love to get a tattoo, would prefer to get one at home as its more easy to fit in around everything as im very busy, but wouldnt let just anyone do it though, i would have to see what needdles he uses the ink, the gun and also his work before me...... then if i liked them they can continue hehe, very pickie so i am, but i think in this day an age you have to be cause everyone something with or without qualifations...........

telfordstar
18-Apr-09, 12:08
i have tried to look on bebo cant seem to find the page, to see what this is all about,

i know there is a young man that is starting to do tatoos but i dont think he is trained ect, think he bought a gun ect and has started doing pals ect, maybe this is the same person??????

i would love to get a tattoo, would prefer to get one at home as its more easy to fit in around everything as im very busy, but wouldnt let just anyone do it though, i would have to see what needdles he uses the ink, the gun and also his work before me...... then if i liked them they can continue hehe, very pickie so i am, but i think in this day an age you have to be cause everyone something with or without qualifations...........

In my opinion you would be best to go to a proper tattoo parlour that way you see how hygenic, clean, there gun, needles, work is all there on show if you are that pickie there wuld be no doubt about it.

stevie b
21-Apr-09, 09:57
i had a look at this guys bebo page, if anyone is planning on getting one done by him i would say you are mental, it looks like a 4 year old with a colouring book!!! i had my first one done as a home job and when you see it next to the other 3 ive have done in a proper shop its a big mistake!

there are two really really good shops in inverness, and for all the distance and cost it takes to get down there i would advise folk to head down there rather than let someone butcher their skin up here

mrs and mr brown
21-Apr-09, 11:47
stevie b can u put up a link or something i would like to see this guys bebo page but i cant find it, thanks x

stevie b
21-Apr-09, 21:23
i only came across when he tried to add me, cant find him anywhere now, maybe he took it off before he got a slagging, but if i come across it again ill post you the link

Matthew
23-Apr-09, 06:48
I can only recommend one tattooist and thats Calum Mcwilliam in Inverness, he is originally from Castletown.

www.tattooswhileyouwait.com (http://www.tattooswhileyouwait.com)

I've had a tattoo by both the guy in Dingwall and the one in Alness and I would not recommend either.

Yes! This guy is great. He did my tattoo, he also did my flatmates tattoo.

My tattoo: :Razz

http://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v932/133/39/661015622/n661015622_4864006_9315.jpg

JWM
23-Apr-09, 19:59
Dont know about the guy in dingwall but ive had two done by the guy in alness one on my lower arm and some re-work done in the same sitting.

they looked great until a couple o months later then they came out all patchy and rough looking as if the ink wasnt staying in the skin which was strange as it wasnt to scabby to begin with.

Trying to get someone to re-work the re-work now is hard, not many people are keen to touch it as its basically their name that goes against the tattoo.

I got another done by Richards in Aberdeen about 5 years ago and it still looks perfect!!

PLEASE make sure it is a good tattooist before you go i love my tattoos but they are not as nice as they could be.

00abanks
24-Apr-09, 09:56
Think the guy in Nairn is good too!

Nibbler
24-Apr-09, 12:55
Think the guy in Nairn is good too!

Have to agree with you there 00abanks. I have two by John and he is excellent. Shop is spotless and John's work is perfect.

Vistravi
24-Apr-09, 14:24
I'm getting one of mine in august down at inver link in inverness which was recommended to me by a few of my mates who have had some brilliant work done. theres also two tone tattoists i ness which one of my mates has gone to and had an excellent tattoo done.

stevie b
24-Apr-09, 15:01
is it the guy in nairn who is supposed to be one of the best tribal tattooists in the country?

have to agree with you on inver ink, had my most recent one done there and it looks grand

stevie b
27-Apr-09, 18:32
this is the tattoo i got done at inver ink, i have also attached the picture i took in as a guide
http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/stevieb85/?action=view&current=005.jpg

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/stevieb85/?action=view&current=StevieTattoo2.jpg

telfordstar
27-Apr-09, 21:03
I got my second tattoo done on thursday in inver ink and what a fantasic job they did moeuld defo recommend.:D