PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Polls

canuck
27-Feb-06, 01:04
We have enjoyed participating in a number of polls over the past several months. Do the people who gather this data use it in any way?

I would be interested in knowing about the conclusions you have come to and what you are doing with the information you have produced. Can that be published on caithness.org?

If its purpose is purely "social" then I am okay with that. But if it is part of more serious research then I would be interested in the results.

Niall Fernie
27-Feb-06, 11:33
I think most of them are social. My own one on screen resolution is to help me decide what size to build web pages for as I like to fix the width so that the page looks the same for all who view it. The forum is an exception as I've not had time to get to grips with the template system yet.

Saveman
27-Feb-06, 13:09
One of the polls, I think it was the one about Asda, was quoted on the front page of the local paper, which is nice....

canuck
27-Feb-06, 14:00
One of the polls, I think it was the one about Asda, was quoted on the front page of the local paper, which is nice....

Saveman - ah, yes I remember that somewhat energy charged thread.

Niall Fernie
27-Feb-06, 14:47
Didn't see that, but then again, why would I buy the local paper :roll: