PDA

View Full Version : parenting website

jinglejangle
10-Apr-09, 20:04
where did the link go to the new parenting web-site? had a quick glimpse at thread earlier but didn't have time to have a proper look. now I do can't find it........................................

justine
10-Apr-09, 20:18
good question, i had a quick glance last night aswell.

Venture
10-Apr-09, 22:23
where did the link go to the new parenting web-site? had a quick glimpse at thread earlier but didn't have time to have a proper look. now I do can't find it........................................

The thread amongst other things seems to have disappeared. As for the new parenting website, it no longer exists.;)

Venture
10-Apr-09, 22:35
good question, i had a quick glance last night aswell.

....that's a hilarious signature you have there Justine.[lol]

Buttercup
10-Apr-09, 22:36
The thread was as short lived as the website ~ only difference being the thread had many more posts! :lol: Maybe balto could throw some light on it since she was so eager to recommend it. ;)

justine
11-Apr-09, 15:14
....that's a hilarious signature you have there Justine.[lol]

Cheers for that, thats two ignore lists im not on..:lol:[lol]

Julia
11-Apr-09, 16:08
I think it was a wind-up, these websites are all templates and it could have been thrown together in ten minutes easy.

justine
11-Apr-09, 16:12
or it could have been someone trying to do good, and with the slating it got, thought why bother.

we will never know.:roll:

Bobinovich
11-Apr-09, 23:00
On this occasion it was deleted by the OP, not by Mods or Admin :Razz

balto
11-Apr-09, 23:04
or it could have been someone trying to do good, and with the slating it got, thought why bother.

we will never know.:roll:
thats exactly the reason i deleated the thread, as it was unfair on the person who had taken the time to put it together, it seemed unfair for the slating it got.

justine
12-Apr-09, 13:23
Then you probably did them a favour Balto. Looking at the responses to it i see why they removed it. Hope they try again, as people should have a right to do what they want without people slating it. Other orgers have there own sites, i dont see others slating them do you..[disgust]

Venture
12-Apr-09, 14:59
thats exactly the reason i deleated the thread, as it was unfair on the person who had taken the time to put it together, it seemed unfair for the slating it got.

If you set up a website then you can expect to have some people who won't like it or use it. To set it up and then close it down within hours to me is strange. You posted a link on here and said it was a great site. To me this was an invitation to have a look, which I did, and thought it wasn't for me. I think about 3 to 4 others from the thread on here had the same opinion. You and Justine are more or less saying the "person" who built the website closed it down because of the org comments. If this was a website that as you said, you stumbled upon while browsing the net surely it wouldn't only be people from the org who would have tried it out. Why close it down just because orgers (4) didn't like it.:confused Why were orgers opinions so important to its survival? Strange.

justine
12-Apr-09, 17:34
If you set up a website then you can expect to have some people who won't like it or use it. To set it up and then close it down within hours to me is strange. You posted a link on here and said it was a great site. To me this was an invitation to have a look, which I did, and thought it wasn't for me. I think about 3 to 4 others from the thread on here had the same opinion. You and Justine are more or less saying the "person" who built the website closed it down because of the org comments. If this was a website that as you said, you stumbled upon while browsing the net surely it wouldn't only be people from the org who would have tried it out. Why close it down just because orgers (4) didn't like it.:confused Why were orgers opinions so important to its survival? Strange.

Why do they all feel the need to slate anyone, but they do. I tried my own site and it never worked i know how hard it is to do, especially when some people slate it because its not the org. I personally would have joined as its about children. Maybe they are changing it to make it more for all parents and not just for the mothers, pink and sparkly i believe it was, but as ive said we will never know now.:eek: