PDA

View Full Version : The band

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Apr-09, 19:26
I'm not wanting a top 5 or 10 with this one,I want yer band.For me U2.A group of schoolkids making a band because they liked music.Still doing the business 33 years later.I know that they had their influences that got them into music.Their a band on their own.What is yours?

Gizmo
10-Apr-09, 19:38
Metallica, been a fan for 23yrs now, they've had their ups and downs and released their fair share of 'not so classic' albums, but they got back on track with Death Magnetic and are still one of the best live bands you could hope to see.

hotrod4
11-Apr-09, 04:44
Goo Goo dolls, been around for yeasr but still write great rock tracks. So varied they arent a band that only plays one type of music. they appeal to all kinds of people as i know "metalheads" who also like them!

Good band cedric,though i prefer their older stuff but still got that spark.
Gizmo yip Metallica are still and always have been a great band.

Its all good in the hood so far!!![lol]

Jeid
11-Apr-09, 08:32
Aqua... Barbie Girl and Dr Jones... classics!

Blast!
11-Apr-09, 11:20
Goo Goo dolls, been around for yeasr but still write great rock tracks. So varied they arent a band that only plays one type of music. they appeal to all kinds of people as i know "metalheads" who also like them!

Come on now. The Goo Goo Dolls aren't very varied at all. After Superstar Car Wash they reined in the noise and played typical American Alt/Rock of the time.

The only variation they ever had was changing lead vocals and adding some syth on reworked tracks...

Blast!
11-Apr-09, 11:22
Aqua... Barbie Girl and Dr Jones... classics!

Here min, you forgot Turn Back Time. That was a chooooon!

Kenneth
11-Apr-09, 13:29
Kings of Leon, doing not badly, last effort not brilliant. Hopefully return to the styles their 1st and 2nd releases. Also Oasis, still have time for them!

At the moment its Fleet Foxes, lovely stuff!!

loganbiffy
11-Apr-09, 14:29
Dinosaur Jr.
Amazing band.

guitarzan
11-Apr-09, 17:09
Although i dont give them the time they deserve in the CD player these days due to an ever expanding musical taste, Metallica are still my favourite band.

Listened to them for many's a year and have never been as into one band, as an entity rather than just the music, as I have them.

buddyrich
11-Apr-09, 17:29
EMF!

What the (blank) waaaaaaaaas that??????????????

Canna beat Dice Clay!

Invisible
12-Apr-09, 00:41
barenaked ladies - sure their music could drive you of a cliff because of its cheese but they kept going strong after their battle of the bands a week after formation. not in it for the money or the fame and now that there lead singer and founding member has departed from the band they are keeping on going to woo the crowds with unique and quirky shows.

dogman
13-Apr-09, 21:41
OASIS!!!

Grew up listening to oasis and will continue. Everything I want in a band. Noel Gallagher is a genius in a tinks body, which is fantastic, first impressions and all that.

Going to see them in june, and i cant freakin wait!