PDA

View Full Version : curry night in spoons

katarina
10-Apr-09, 13:22
I usually enjoy my curry nights in Wetherspoons but last night I had a prawn curry that sounded good. It looked and smelt like the contents of a urine bag, but I was hungry enough to eat it anyway. the prawns were tough and chewy and I counted ten (very small ones) floating around in the unappetizing liquid. Unfortunately the pompadoms were also chewy, not crisp like they usually are. The best thing about the meal was the chutney!

northener
10-Apr-09, 14:08
The meals can certainly be hit or miss at times.

BTW - I wonder if Curries have a Spoon Night?

catran
10-Apr-09, 18:21
I for one would not have a curry out, like to know what is in it and leave it up to the missuss. No Balti carryouts in this neck of the woods. Makes ones own.

Did you complain Katrina? As Northerner says it is a hit and a miss in spoons.

bettedaviseyes
10-Apr-09, 21:10
all the currys you get from wetherspoons is micowave food go to a good indian :D

cesare
10-Apr-09, 22:46
I usually enjoy my curry nights in Wetherspoons but last night I had a prawn curry that sounded good. It looked and smelt like the contents of a urine bag, but I was hungry enough to eat it anyway. the prawns were tough and chewy and I counted ten (very small ones) floating around in the unappetizing liquid. Unfortunately the pompadoms were also chewy, not crisp like they usually are. The best thing about the meal was the chutney!

lol at this you eat it ..then say it was horrid......
how do you no what the contents of a urine bag smells like??:eek: just curious

i suggest a new day job rather than counting prawns

My conclusion...........if it was as horrible as you say....why eat it ...why not go to the bar and tell them

llol at what the org has become[lol]

katarina
10-Apr-09, 23:22
I for one would not have a curry out, like to know what is in it and leave it up to the missuss. No Balti carryouts in this neck of the woods. Makes ones own.

Did you complain Katrina? As Northerner says it is a hit and a miss in spoons.

I did complain to the waiter and the young guy just gave us a strange look and said nothing. And how do I know what the contents of a urine bag looks like? trust me, you don't want to know!