PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid Keyboard

porshiepoo
10-Apr-09, 09:56
I have a keyboard - obviously - a Compaq PS2 (I think) and it all works fine except I cannot configure the Internet, Email etc short cut keys.
I've gone into control panel and the Keyboard bit but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that lets me configure the buttons.
I'm running XP and I've also tried the Help manual but it doesn't show you neither, yet they must need doing cos it tells me everytime I press them.

Any ideas?

EDDIE
10-Apr-09, 11:18
I have a keyboard - obviously - a Compaq PS2 (I think) and it all works fine except I cannot configure the Internet, Email etc short cut keys.
I've gone into control panel and the Keyboard bit but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that lets me configure the buttons.
I'm running XP and I've also tried the Help manual but it doesn't show you neither, yet they must need doing cos it tells me everytime I press them.

Any ideas?

If trying to config the short cut keys u need to use tue software that came with the keyboard to do that?

blueivy
10-Apr-09, 12:04

Any ideas?

If it a Compaq / HP one then the drivers I used were the Compaq Easy Access Button Supports - they're not available from the HP website. These (http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,1000000375,39477861s,00.htm)may be them (I haven't tried these ones).

Bobinovich
11-Apr-09, 22:58
If that doesnt work and your keyboard is one of this type...

https://www.certifiedcomp.com/shop/images/T/164996-001.jpg

...then drop me a PM with your e-mail address as I've got a copy which may do the job.

porshiepoo
15-Apr-09, 09:52
Thanks for the help.

The link didn't give the right software BlueIvy but I have managed to find it and now all my buttons work perfectly.

Thanx Bob too.