PDA

View Full Version : Second hand cars more expensive than new ones.

Rheghead
10-Apr-09, 00:28
I dunno about car prices but if you want a 1973 Triumph Trident 3 cylinder 750cc, then I'll be happy to sell it at half the price of its equivalent present day price.:lol:

JAWS
10-Apr-09, 00:52
I can see you've got your mischievous head on tonight, Rheghead.

I spotted the news that new cars are cheaper than second hand ones. I'm still trying to get my head round the idea.
As we have been told, new cars are not selling so manufacturers and importers are quite literally running out of places to store them. At the same time second hand, good, low mileage cars about twelve months old are like gold dust, presumably because fewer people are able to replace them.

So far that I can see some reason for, too many of anything means prices fall, too few and prices rise.
But what I can’t get my hear round is what kind of fool walks onto a forecourt and says, never mind the new car, I’ll take the identical second hand one and give you more for it.
Unless it’s somebody who simply can’t drive carefully for a couple of weeks until a brand new car is run in. :roll:

Triumph Trident indeed, that's a new one on me. You've re3ally got my attention with that one.

Ricco
10-Apr-09, 07:56
A Triumph Trident! Now, if I had the mulaccas I would take up your offer, Rheghead - long time since I rode one of those!

northener
10-Apr-09, 09:35
:confused
A Triumph Trident! Now, if I had the mulaccas I would take up your offer, Rheghead - long time since I rode one of those!

I saw it first.