PDA

View Full Version : veggie

majic
09-Apr-09, 21:42
anyone any idears for veggie dishes please and thank you

Shabbychic
10-Apr-09, 10:22
How about Veggie spaghetti bolognaise. All you do is substitute the mince with lentils ( I usually use Puw Lentils, but any will do.) or use Aduki Beans.( half a cup per person.) I make my own sauce which is: fry onions and garlic, (some carrots actually go quite well in this as well), add a tin of tomatoes, bay leaves, a pinch of dried basil and a pinch of oregano, squeeze of lemon, and simmer for half an hour then thicken with tomato puree, and hey presto.

Veggie stir fry is easy too. Buy some mixed or stir fry veg, cook and add fried mushrooms and onions. Cook up some noodles, add the veg, mushrooms and onions, then add soy sauce to your own taste, and enjoy.

This is just a couple of quickies that come to mind, but I'll add more later.:D

pagetager
09-Jun-09, 15:52
You could email caithnessvegans@aol.com you do not have to be vegan, they help anyone free of charge.
Also go to the vegetarian society website, try www.vegetariansociety.co.uk (http://www.vegetariansociety.co.uk) and look in there online shop.
Also www.vegansociety.com (http://www.vegansociety.com)

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
09-Jun-09, 16:43
i like to use diced peppers instead of mince in every dish that dosnet already have peppers in but i add them last so they still have a little crunch in them

Margaret M.
09-Jun-09, 20:24
Are you looking for vegetarian main dishes or side veggie dish recipes?

majic
10-Jun-09, 08:02
Hi main it gets a bit boring just macky cheese and spag bol don't get me wrong i do love pasta and cheese:)

Margaret M.
11-Jun-09, 15:55
Easy "Chicken" enchiladas

Ingredients:

16 ounce bottle or can enchilada sauce
6 tortillas -- can be low fat or fat free
1 jar salsa
2 cans refried beans
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded sharp Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup olives , pitted
1 jalapeņo , chopped and seeded
Quorn or any kind of fake chicken

Heat oven to 400°.

Pour the can of enchilada sauce into a pie dish. Dip tortillas in the sauce to soften them.

On a cutting board, gently spread refried beans on one side of each tortilla. Add enough diced Quorn to cover the beans. Sprinkle with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Add olives, chopped jalapeņo and salsa (optional).

Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in a 9" x 13" baking dish.

Blend the sour cream into the remaining enchilada sauce in the pie dish. Pour over enchiladas and sprinkle remaining cheese.

Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

weefee
07-Aug-09, 12:39
Spread ciabatta roll with pesto (red or green both are yum) use spinach or rocket or your salad of preferance, grill large portobello mushroom, place on roll, top with mozzerella cheese

delicious and easy!!

bigskelf
15-Aug-09, 15:21
chili con carne recipe, same as veggie bolognaise, but with loadsa chili, kidney beans and some chopped walnuts. The walnuts brown the sauce nicely and if you want to be really kinky a couple of squares of >70% dark chocolate...... slurp;)