PDA

View Full Version : road Gritter

Fran
09-Apr-09, 15:24
Very surprised at the gritter lorry gritting the roads at Latheron about 7pm last night. thought we were in summer now!!!

unicorn
09-Apr-09, 17:31
The windscreen on our car was frozen this morning at 6 so well done the gritters for keeping an eye on the weather conditions.

justine
09-Apr-09, 17:58
i did hear we could get snow, so that woudl explain the gritters.temp is dropping

alex
09-Apr-09, 18:20
Ohh Great :( and I'm gonna be arriving when all the shops are shut and can't buy a coat...

binbob
09-Apr-09, 18:23
;)
Ohh Great :( and I'm gonna be arriving when all the shops are shut and can't buy a coat...

do not worry,alex...we will you one...SOMEWHERE.....:roll:safe trip.

alex
09-Apr-09, 18:35
Thanks Binbob, I'm sure I'll survive the shock to my system. I am so looking forward to seeing the sea again, I'll accept the pain as a blessing.

Vistravi
09-Apr-09, 19:38
No way! Snow to come to caithness. Bright sunshine in ness, I'm in the right place;)

Moira
09-Apr-09, 21:32
Very surprised at the gritter lorry gritting the roads at Latheron about 7pm last night. thought we were in summer now!!!

That doesn't surprise me at all. At this time of year, bright days in Caithness mean very little cloud cover at night, leading to HUGE, clear and therefore frosty skies.

Very beautiful if you have the time to look but not so enthralling if you have to travel south via the A99/A9 next morning before 7 am. Looks like someone, somewhere got it right for once. I wonder if they were in touch with Tugmistress? :)