PDA

View Full Version : What was the first movie ye saw at the pictures?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Apr-09, 19:55
Mine was Grease.An eight year old dragged by his mother.I only went for the popcorn and ice-cream:lol:Was singing Grease Lightning weeks after.

Kenn
09-Apr-09, 08:36
"Snow White ," I was really frightened when she ran through the forrest and the trees were clawing at her with their branches mind you I was n't very old at the time.

rich
09-Apr-09, 16:11
I was carried screaming out of the cinema half way through Pinnochio. This poor lost little boy.....
The week after it got worse. I went into full meltdown - the culprit was Bambi. His mother died!!!!!
I wonder what Walt Disney studios thought they were doing.

honey
09-Apr-09, 16:43
i think it was grease for me to, i was about 2, and managed to embarrass everyone whose with me by standing up, hand in air a la john travolta at the end of "summer nights" and singing it full belt

bettedaviseyes
09-Apr-09, 16:57
scary movie funny as hell [lol]

Gene Hunt
09-Apr-09, 18:10
The first one I remember was "The Cat from Outer Space", some moggy in it with a flashing collar. Cant remember the storyline.

Kodiak
09-Apr-09, 22:34
Not sure but the one I remember was :-

Old Yeller

It must have been in the late 1950's

Fluff
09-Apr-09, 23:42
I think it was Snow White, this was when the town hall would have the mobile cinema. I don't really remember it. The first one I remember was FernGully. Even then I remember thinking how rubbish it was lol

the poacher
10-Apr-09, 22:03
snow white was the first flick i saw it scared me half to death

i was only 7 or 8 at the time lol

Foxy
10-Apr-09, 23:21
Mines was Grease, saw it in the picture house in Thurso which is now Skinandis.

Buttercup
10-Apr-09, 23:44
Can't remember the actual title but my Dad took my to see The Lone Ranger ~ the only time I ever mind him going to the pictures ~ must've been about 1960.

swolfaardt
13-Apr-09, 19:14
The fist film i saw at the pictures was ET what a mix of emotion from scared to death to crying my eyes out and i was not the only one i dont think there was a dry eye in the cinema.

youoldduffer
14-Apr-09, 17:11
snowwhite for me too, remember grabbing me mum when the witch would appear.

Did you know six out of seven dwarfs aint happy :~( yeah i know its a crap joke.

Invisible
20-Apr-09, 18:27
Jurassic Park - not wise to take a 7 year old to it.

Sandra_B
20-Apr-09, 18:54
My Mam and Dad liked to tell me about my first trip to the pictures. We saw Bambi and a small and impressionable, animal loving me had to be removed from the pictures in hysterics when Bambi's mum got shot...

NickInTheNorth
20-Apr-09, 20:04
The first I remember going to see was The Jungle Book in 1967. I may have seen Bambi prior to that, but have no memory of it.

alex
30-Apr-09, 23:03
The fist film i saw at the pictures was ET what a mix of emotion from scared to death to crying my eyes out and i was not the only one i dont think there was a dry eye in the cinema.

I went to the London Premiere of ET, sat directly in front of Chas and Di as we called them in the happy days.

Of course it's irrelevant to the thread but I wanted to show off my one encounter with Princess Diana. I wondered ever since whether they were in the cheap seats accidentally or we were in the posh ones for the same reason. Steven Spielberg was at the end of my row on the right. I only knew who he was when he made a short speech at the end. Well not even then till Sue (my partner for the night) told me. I'd nabbed the tickets from my boss at the advertising agency where I worked when he told me he couldn't go. With no dinner suit or posh garb Sue and I donned ourselves in Thrift Shop "black tie" second hand and probably launched the Grunge look that night!

(oh first film sorry)... possibly Railway Children or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Saturday morning cinema certainly.

PAH26
01-May-09, 19:01
That Batman film with Arnold Scharwznaeger (excuse my spelling!) and Uma Thurman. Actually wanted to see Jurassic Park The Lost World instead but dad thought it would be too scary for me! :lol:

lister
01-May-09, 20:27
My first was the Jungle book.
To this day i remember the songs and the beat.

Gizmo
02-May-09, 18:59
I honestly can't remember, i remember going to see 'The Fox And The Hound' and 'Condorman' at the Pavillion in Wick, they were released in 1981, i may have been to earlier movies than those, but i can't recall as i was only 10yrs old in 1981.

maisiebudd
09-May-09, 09:43
The first film I can remember seeing was Mary Poppins at Saturday morning cinema in the Princes Picture House in Glasgow. Me and my sister used to go every saturday morning with thrupence to get in and thrupence for a bar of McGowans Toffee (by the way, for you young uns thrupence was about one and a half pence) Those were the days, you get very little change out of £30 now when two of you go to the flicks! :lol:

supernova
06-Jun-09, 17:14
I honestly can't remember, i remember going to see 'The Fox And The Hound' and 'Condorman' at the Pavillion in Wick, they were released in 1981, i may have been to earlier movies than those, but i can't recall as i was only 10yrs old in 1981.

My first one was Spiderman with Condorman as the B-movie circa 1981. I wanted to be Condorman for years after that!

floyed
07-Jun-09, 05:29
The first one i seen was down in England it was The Brady Bunch:D

zappster
07-Jun-09, 13:00
The 1st ones that i can Just remember are Jungle book & Star wars.. Think i saw Jungle book first but i canna mind right coz it was so long ago!

kmahon2001
07-Jun-09, 14:34
The King and I with Yul Brynner. I was 5 years old and got really upset about him shouting at Anna all the time. He scared hell out of me. My mum took me - she thought she was giving me a real treat and she felt really guilty when she realised I was scared. :(

©Amethyst
07-Jun-09, 20:11
I think it was the Lion King at La Scala when I was just knee-high to a grasshopper. lol... I kinda miss La Scala - the way we used to que up the street and then some in the pouring rain.