PDA

View Full Version : Worst and best days of your life.

justine
08-Apr-09, 13:55
Not including marriages, births, deaths, celebrations and the likes what are the worst and best days of your lives. This can be a childhood memory you have or something that happened last week.

My worst day.

3 years ago i suffered a miscarriage and nearly lost my life. waiting on the geurney to be taken to theatre all i could think about was my children and my husband, being left without a wife or mother, but thankfully all turned out ok. Still think about it daily.Take every day with a breath of hope as it could be your last.

My best day

December 21st 1979, i stepped out of the back of an army landrover in a little place called Dharan, which is situated at the bottom of the most spectacular mountain range in the world. The Himalayas. I looked up and all i could see was Mount Everest.I will never forget the feeling i had and still have when i see her. Strange as its only a mountain and man has conquered it, but heck i was 9 years old and will always see her in my mind.

So what are your worst and best days.

ShelleyCowie
08-Apr-09, 14:00
My Worst Day - Almost certain it was a Monday!

My Best Day - I think it as a Thursday...

Naw am jokin..i will have a think and come back! ;)

rockchick
08-Apr-09, 14:08
Worst day: The day I had to tell my boys I was divorcing their dad.

Best day: Tomorrow...cause the best is always yet to come!

Bad Manners
08-Apr-09, 14:17
My worst and best days are the same day. during the falklands was three of my best mates and myself were caught in a mortar bomb attack my three best mates died (Worst day) I survived (Best day) to this day I believe I was the luckiest person in the world.

justine
08-Apr-09, 14:24
My worst and best days are the same day. during the falklands was three of my best mates and myself were caught in a mortar bomb attack my three best mates died (Worst day) I survived (Best day) to this day I believe I was the luckiest person in the world.

Thoughts to you and your mates and every other soldier that fought and died for his country. My father was there with the royal engineers.

Gene Hunt
08-Apr-09, 14:38
Best Day .. Years ago I went out to a private jet on the airfield to drop off some paperwork. Went on board looking for the Pilot and found Jennifer Aniston sitting there. While I was chatting to the Pilot she commented on my Welsh accent as being "weird" and invited me to have a drink with her while the Pilot filled in the form. So Jennifer Aniston asking me to have a drink with her was mine. Had to be careful with my eyes though as she was very obviously smuggling peanuts.

Worst Day .. Saw a guy I knew working on the aircraft apron get sucked into a jet engine, took me a long time to stop replaying that in my head.

the poacher
08-Apr-09, 15:48
my worst day must of been when i phoned manchester to get tickets to go see rhydian live and they told me sold out and they doubt il get anywhere else

the best day will be when i do get tickets to go see him live even if it takes 10 years it will still be my best day

Invisible
08-Apr-09, 16:06
best day - passing my driving test

worst day - when taking my fathers truck for a spin up the field i realised the brakes failed the day before and boom straight into a gate. Wasnt mr popular for 2 weeks.

honey
08-Apr-09, 16:45
worst day - someone i love got beaten up bad

best day - when i met Mark Owen after his gig in Glasgow.

Amy-Winehouse
08-Apr-09, 18:35
Last Wednesday was probably the worst day of my life at around 15-30pm:(:(

As for best day, theres been a few so I cant quite pick one out

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Apr-09, 20:14
Best Day was getting Kenny Dalglieshs autograph.
Worst day was losing it the next day.

taffy
08-Apr-09, 20:38
My worst day was when my son said he and his girldfreind are splitting up.:~(
My best day was when my grandson was born 3 years ago to-day happy birthday darling.xx:lol:

taffy
08-Apr-09, 20:44
My worst day was when my son told me he and his girlfreind are splitting up.:~(
My best day was when they gave me a grandson 3 years ago to-day. Happy birthday darling.:lol:

Rheghead
08-Apr-09, 21:34
Easy, the best day was when I met my mrs closely followed by the day my daughter was born.

Worst day was my Dad's funeral closely followed by the day I found myself in a hedge with a dog slevering all over me. Never again...

purplelady
08-Apr-09, 23:19
Worst day: The day I had to tell my boys I was divorcing their dad.

Best day: Tomorrow...cause the best is always yet to come!
have to say having to tell my son me and his dad were splitting up was my worseso i can understand what rockchick is saying. Have a few best days 3 of them were when my lovely kids were born, and my most recent is when I met my lovely fella Pete he walked into my life nearly a year ago now and changed my life ,at a time when i was at my lowest x

piratelassie
08-Apr-09, 23:58
Worst day.. was when I was told I had cancer, the day before my brothers funeral..
Best day.. was given the all clear on January 5th...:D

Ricco
09-Apr-09, 11:45
Reading some of these make mine seem almost immaterial:

Best day - I saved a girl's life whilst on holiday
Worst day - a broken relationship that had me walking right on the edge.

kriklah
09-Apr-09, 11:52
worst day - receiving an email from my OH that wasnt ment for me![evil] (needless to say that went to further bad days of telling the kids their dad and i were seperating!)

best day - dont think ive had one yet!!! spose i could say birth of kids, passing driving test

percy toboggan
09-Apr-09, 16:35
Childhood: A chill March evening at Old Trafford in 1968.
After enduring continuous crowing from Manchester United supporters (for years)the blue half of the city confirmed their new found superiority with a 3 - 1 win under floodlights.
The scoreline does little justice to the drubbing City handed out. Perhaps the best night of my life up to that point, ahd tables were well and truly turned for several years beyond - shutting up many of those big, arrogant red mouths...it all seemed so important back then .
You'd have to be a Mancunian 'bitterblue' to understand my elation.
It was even better than the few great days I enjoyed as a player - of modest ability.

All in the past now though - Given subsequent footballing fortunes it's perhaps just as well.
I might not even watch the Blue's on telly tonight.
Life's a long song....if yer lucky !

I do not think I have had a 'worst day' yet. I'm dreading it. Parents deaths the worst up to now.

percy toboggan
09-Apr-09, 16:41
my worst day must of been when i phoned manchester to get tickets to go see rhydian live and they told me sold out and they doubt il get anywhere else

the best day will be when i do get tickets to go see him live even if it takes 10 years it will still be my best day

I feel you have much living to do.
Good luck with it.

Joefitz
09-Apr-09, 18:29
Best Day, meeting my wife, Linda.

Worst Day, came out of Tripoli airport the day after the US shot down 3 Libyan jets, dunno how we (3 of us) made it through!

Rheghead
09-Apr-09, 18:57
Worst Day, came out of Tripoli airport the day after the US shot down 3 Libyan jets, dunno how we (3 of us) made it through!

That must have been a complete nightmare.:eek: