PDA

View Full Version : kissed the blarney stone?

brandy
26-Feb-06, 13:09
was just looking at holiday ideas.. and was wondering has anyone been to ireland and kissed the blarney stone? *grins* does not look safe at all!
and also any suggestions.. for a ireland holiday with toddlers?

Zambo
26-Feb-06, 13:38
Hi Brandy

I went to Ireland a few years ago - on a boat for 1 week, then driving around Ireland for 1 week. It is a lovely place - beautiful scenery, and the people are very friendly and welcoming.

I can still remember kissing the Blarney Stone - although it was a long time ago! It is safe - you lie on the ground, and just lean over to kiss the stone - but don't worry - people are holding your legs! You used to get a certificate saying you had kissed the Blarney Stone, but I'm not sure if you still do..

A great place for kids is Llandudno, in North Wales - if you change your mind about Ireland. Llandudno is a seaside resort, with loads of attractions aimed at younger children, as well as the rest of the family. It's a great family holiday - there is the Welsh Mountain Zoo, Chester Zoo, trips to Portmeirion (where Prisoner was filmed), Copper Mines, Slate Mines, Electric Railway, a trip on the tram, a huge fairground, a beautiful beach that is about 3 miles long, donkey rides, boat trips, Punch and Judy, Alice in Wonderland, huge swimming pools and cinemas..........Oh, I could go on for ages!

_Ju_
26-Feb-06, 14:01
was just looking at holiday ideas.. and was wondering has anyone been to ireland and kissed the blarney stone? *grins* does not look safe at all!
and also any suggestions.. for a ireland holiday with toddlers?
I had friends that cycled from B&B to B&B.... but with toddlers it might be difficult...still, it'sworth renting a cycle with a back chair to see the counrtyside. ( they had a tandem)

Saveman
26-Feb-06, 16:14
Lived in Ireland.....never kissed the Blarney Stone, but you don't need to kiss it to have the "gift of the gab."

Gleber2
26-Feb-06, 17:27
You will have to fight your way through hordes of Japanese tourists to get to the stone these days. Galway's an awful nice place.

ice box
26-Feb-06, 17:36
Brandy you could always go to loth it's safe for the children lol

star glazer
26-Feb-06, 18:17
Brandy, how about Cumbria & The Lake District. We have taken our three kids there twice now, and both times we all enjoyed ourselves. Many places to visit with lots of accommodation available to choose from.:lol: We think that area is beautiful, and a complete contrast to bleak Caithness.:cry:

Rheghead
27-Feb-06, 02:06
I fancy going on a tour through Scotland to Stranraer to Belfast, through Ireland to Rosslare to Pembrokeshire through Wales. Then through the Lake District then back to Scotland. A whistle stop tour should take at least 2 weeks if done properly.:grin:

DrSzin
27-Feb-06, 02:17
Will you do it a la Rambler? Le Naked Rheghead? :o

wickerinca
27-Feb-06, 04:46
Will you do it a la Rambler? Le Naked Rheghead? :o

Now would that be a sight for sore eyes!!![lol] [lol]