PDA

View Full Version : Self catering accomodation Caithness

arana negra
07-Apr-09, 16:03
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of a good 1/2 bedroom place that allows small dogs ? detached quiet and maybe near coves etc to explore with dog and camera ?

Thank you

Venture
07-Apr-09, 16:46
I spotted one recently on youtube. Might be worth a try. I have sent you a PM with the details.

chaz
07-Apr-09, 17:55
Have sent you a pm xx

Sage
07-Apr-09, 18:35
The cottages at Bilbster are lovely, and I think they allow dogs :D

arana negra
07-Apr-09, 20:13
Thank you for the replies and mails will have a look at them :)

Fran
08-Apr-09, 00:23
There is a place in Union Street down from Mackays, rally nice but cant think off hand what it is called. also a very nice house in Brown Place, which i beleive is owned by the same people.
Have you looked at the property to let.
Maybe you could do a swap with someone and stay in their house in Wick and they stay in theirs?.

Is there no quarantine of dogs with coming over from Spain? Just wondering if i could take my dog to Spain, im just curious!!

annemarie482
08-Apr-09, 00:41
there's a cottage near keiss,
its advertised in keiss shop.
lots of lovely walks round keiss castles, harbour and sinclairs bay nearby.
sorry i cant remember who has it.

arana negra
08-Apr-09, 14:31
Fran, thanks for reply no had not thought of a swop, we have no concrete plans as it all hangs on whether our dog passes the rabies anti bodies blood test. Only then can we move to book ferry, accom etc so could bot offer anyone anything. Kennel places are not available on all ferries and limit on the ones that do have them so may well have to drive through france and take short crossing.

Regards taking our dog to UK they have to follow certain rules and a timetable of events, UK is a little more complex than the other way round I believe. If we did not follow the rules then she would end up in quarantine on arrival to UK and would have to stay there till our return journey to Spain. We want to avoid that at all costs. We have heard horror stories about the kenneling and the cost. We want her to travel with us to meet family and friends. We rescued her to have a better life not be shunted places when we want to go away. If she cannot travel with us then will go somewhere she can come too.

Try looking up the Defra website for more/good information.

Thanks annemarie I will have a good google after easter break.