PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mirror

Celtic YNWA
07-Apr-09, 02:03
i was wondreing if anybody could help me. the wing mirror got kicked of my car in the early hours of today. it happened in kinnaird street at about 1.30am. thanks for any replies

Wickbhoy
07-Apr-09, 20:40
My car was done too. Where in Kinnaird Street do you stay?

Suth11
08-Apr-09, 10:58
Im in Kinnaird St too the row nearest the bungalow, but we didn't hear anything sorry.
just wondering where abouts did it happen and have you been to the police?

Bazeye
08-Apr-09, 11:21
Im in Kinnaird St too the row nearest the bungalow, but we didn't hear anything sorry.

TBH, I dont think that would do any good.

Celtic YNWA
08-Apr-09, 12:13
im just across from the bungalow and my car is the little gray pugeot and informing the police wont really do much because we didnt see anyone do amy thing.

lady penelope
08-Apr-09, 16:50
There seems to have been a lot of this lately, My hubby & I have both had it done, luckily both the cars mirrors swivel & fold in,but a neighbours wasn't so lucky, masking tape anyone? :roll:

dirdyweeker
08-Apr-09, 19:16
im just across from the bungalow and my car is the little gray pugeot and informing the police wont really do much because we didnt see anyone do amy thing.

you should notify the police so they can "log" all these mindless acts of vandalism and perhaps find something out from CCTV. Some will get caught eventually, don't let your one get away!

Whitewater
08-Apr-09, 19:56
The CCTV camera located outside The "one stop shop" may have something it is worth a try. You should contact the police. If they are keen to find the culprits they can access the camera tape/disc. But you could be too far down the street.

Celtic YNWA
08-Apr-09, 20:46
i am too far down the street, i am at the end just at mcrae street

Whitewater
08-Apr-09, 21:07
Thats unfortunate, too many cars being vandalized these days. I had a tyre slashed a few months ago, I may have been lucky, the blade broke off in the tyre. If it was not for that perhaps all four would have been done.

Macwull
08-Apr-09, 22:13
Probably not much chance like but what about the camera on the flats at Kinnaird/Huddart St.

Ridiculous! but was prob just someone passing giving a smack in the passing.

With stealing at least burgalars are benefiting from what they steal but vandalism is pretty mindless, what do they get out of it!?!?!

Celtic YNWA
08-Apr-09, 22:18
i bet he/she was showing off to some friends

wickscorrie
08-Apr-09, 22:23
report it to the police, every act of vandalism that occurs, each and every time

lynne duncan
08-Apr-09, 22:31
seemingly according to the police report at the community council meeting last night, the police would llike us to report all vandalism, as said before, every time it happens. they can then either by cctv or other means hopefully catch who carried it out,
or check to see whether there is a pattern to this and watch for future events. but if every bit is logged a bigger picture can be plotted

The Angel Of Death
09-Apr-09, 10:31
The CCTV camera located outside The "one stop shop" may have something it is worth a try. You should contact the police. If they are keen to find the culprits they can access the camera tape/disc. But you could be too far down the street.

Probably not much chance like but what about the camera on the flats at Kinnaird/Huddart St.

Ridiculous! but was prob just someone passing giving a smack in the passing.

With stealing at least burgalars are benefiting from what they steal but vandalism is pretty mindless, what do they get out of it!?!?!

The same CCTV cameras that are not working properly and prob wont be for the foreseeable future

At least that was what a relation was told when there car was done not that long ago when reporting it to the police

catran
09-Apr-09, 21:22
seemingly according to the police report at the community council meeting last night, the police would llike us to report all vandalism, as said before, every time it happens. they can then either by cctv or other means hopefully catch who carried it out,
or check to see whether there is a pattern to this and watch for future events. but if every bit is logged a bigger picture can be plotted
is that what they do behind their computers?????? Oh dear me so why the problems that are more and more frequently occuring in this little town of Wick.The plotting?

gmac
31-May-09, 19:17
Hi just wondering has anyone have had their car vandalised in Kinnaird Street in last few days, ive had mine run over on Wednesday night, now have a dent in the bonnet and roof. And now looks like the wing mirror has been kicked last night, I have been to the police. But wondering has anybody seen any of this vandalism taking place or similar in the area.

*Martin*
31-May-09, 21:58
Thank Chuck I don't live in Wick!

Better off in Compton

:lol:

Wickbhoy
01-Jun-09, 19:25
I reported it to the police on the 8th of April. They checked the CCTV from the Huddart Street corner but it was not facing that way at the time so saw nothing.

Police left a voicemail about a week ago advising that they had concluded their investigation without finding any culprits.

The Angel Of Death
01-Jun-09, 19:40
Now i dunno if its just me but shouldn't then CCTV camera's rotate every so often ???

If not whats the point in them facing one way all the time might as well have a big sign that says do your worst cause the camera is pointing the other way all the time

Tighsonas4
01-Jun-09, 19:40
have reported an incident to the police some time ago and told them it was a waste of time when they called
reply ,not really as it gives them an idea of the areas there working at this racket at the time tony