PDA

View Full Version : Keiss Photos

Happy Guy
06-Apr-09, 14:34
Now if I can remember how did it before, here should be a couple of photos! One of Keiss Harbour, and one of the Ice House, complete with derilict noat. As Im new to this, any constructive comments/criticisms would be more than welcome! Oh and while your here, have a look at my post in 'General' e Tugmistress!:)http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6946/dscf0477o.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1503/dscf0473t.jpg

Deemac
06-Apr-09, 15:22
Welcome to the forum. Images look good if a little small for my taste.

700-800 pixels on the longest edge works well. Must also add this location to my places-to-visit list!!

Happy Guy
06-Apr-09, 15:36
Thanks for the comment! I dont know how to do that though, all I know how to do is to upload to image shack, and it asks if I wnt to re-size for web page or e-mail and I tick yes, and thats how they come back. Advice on how to make bigger would be welcome!

Mystical Potato Head
06-Apr-09, 23:34
Try using photo bucket,it gives you a choice of sizes in pixels and easy to use.
Like the photos but as Deemac says,a bitty bigger would be better.

tjc
07-Apr-09, 00:15
Yeh... I agree. Good shots of a good little place for pics.

A little bigger would show them off far better as has been said.

:)

shazzap
07-Apr-09, 02:05
Try using photo bucket,it gives you a choice of sizes in pixels and easy to use.
Like the photos but as Deemac says,a bitty bigger would be better.

Can you explain how to upload from your own files on your computer why does it say they have to be approved The image was approved but it took a while and i had to delete a photo i had on here to put another up. Why was that. I only had the one photo on here.Are you only allowed to use one at a time now?. It never used to do this.
Thank you in anticipation of replies

Deemac
07-Apr-09, 09:57
This is the method I use to display photos in a (this) forum - (I use Photoshop CS3 to edit).

1. Re-size (re-sample) the final image down to 700 or 800 pixels on the longest edge.

2. Sharpen.

3. Upload the image to Photobucket. (You need to set up an account, which is free, the first time you do this).

4. Copy the link code (direct link) from Photobucket to the "Insert Image" (the yellow icon that looks like a mountain with a sun) code line to add (paste) an image to a thread.

Its a bit of a fiddly sequence, but once you get the logic it become less painful to do. Most other forums also use this arrangement.

Hope this helps.

shazzap
07-Apr-09, 11:15
This is the method I use to display photos in a (this) forum - (I use Photoshop CS3 to edit).

1. Re-size (re-sample) the final image down to 700 or 800 pixels on the longest edge.

2. Sharpen.

3. Upload the image to Photobucket. (You need to set up an account, which is free, the first time you do this).

4. Copy the link code (direct link) from Photobucket to the "Insert Image" (the yellow icon that looks like a mountain with a sun) code line to add (paste) an image to a thread.

Its a bit of a fiddly sequence, but once you get the logic it become less painful to do. Most other forums also use this arrangement.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Deemac i know how to do that, it's the upload from my computer that is the trouble. Although i know how to do it when i do, the photo can't always be uploaded thats one message i get or the other is you have exceeded your quota are you only allowed one photo at a time from your computer now.

Deemac
07-Apr-09, 12:34
Can't say I've ever has this problem myself. Are you sure the image isn't huge? Don't let the photo site re-size your image. Do it yourself first before uploading.

If this doesn't work, open the nearest large window and post the offending hardware externally!! ;-)))

shazzap
07-Apr-09, 12:43
Can't say I've ever has this problem myself. Are you sure the image isn't huge? Don't let the photo site re-size your image. Do it yourself first before uploading.

If this doesn't work, open the nearest large window and post the offending hardware externally!! ;-)))

No the photo is not huge. The problem is uploading directly to the forum from my computer not to phot bucket. Cheers anyway.

Deemac
07-Apr-09, 14:22
You should NOT be uploading to the forum directly.

You need to use a third party photo hosting site. (and then just pasting in a link).

shazzap
07-Apr-09, 15:26
You should NOT be uploading to the forum directly.

You need to use a third party photo hosting site. (and then just pasting in a link).

Right i didn't know that can i ask why?
Also why is the facility there to do this?

Thank you anyway

Deemac
07-Apr-09, 20:11
Right i didn't know that can i ask why?
Also why is the facility there to do this?

Thank you anyway

My own understanding is that the Forum servers/administrators don't want to deal with Gb's of image data locally, so the photo hosting sites stores the images and all you do is paste a link from these sites. Speeds up the whole system and is more efficient.

Once you get the hang of it, its far better. You can then post on other forums using the same links and you don't have to re-upload the same images each time.

shazzap
08-Apr-09, 12:23
Thank you Deemac

North Light
10-Apr-09, 09:34
Happy Guy,
The Ice House and the Boat make a great composition, have a few of them myself.