PDA

View Full Version : opinions - are you afraid.

balto
05-Apr-09, 22:44
Right on here we can say what we want without the risk of upsetting others, but say in everyday conversations, outside the org are you afraid to give your true opinion incase it offends anyone. I used to be but got tired of it so now i tell it like it is, might annoy some folk, but freedom of speech is what its called.

wifie
05-Apr-09, 22:48
I have learnt to be able to say what I think. It has taken me a long time. I don't like to upset or offend but I feel it is best to be honest!

Invisible
05-Apr-09, 22:49
yeah i am feared to tell my true opinion sometimes because before i say it i know it will offend (thats me trying to be nice) Althought ive been called too nice before.
So i just agree wth the other which maybe is the wrong thing to do as it can come back and bite me in the bum.:confused

balto
05-Apr-09, 22:50
I have learnt to be able to say what I think. It has taken me a long time. I don't like to upset or offend but I feel it is best to be honest!
thats what i used to be and to be honest certain people i still am, but i got tired of pretending to be something i wasnt as far as my opinions were concerned.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Apr-09, 22:55
Right on here we can say what we want without the risk of upsetting others, but say in everyday conversations, outside the org are you afraid to give your true opinion incase it offends anyone. I used to be but got tired of it so now i tell it like it is, might annoy some folk, but freedom of speech is what its called.
My thoughts on here are exactly as I am off screen.I think ye should say exactly what ye feel.:DNice thread by the way balto.:D

the poacher
05-Apr-09, 22:59
i think its better to say wat ever it is straight out and hope it dosnt ofend the person or people you say it to.

butterfly
05-Apr-09, 22:59
I say what i think,that's me.

teenybash
05-Apr-09, 23:14
I like to speak openly and honestly though, if I fear it will offend I try to be diplomatic but, still speak my piece.

emszxr
06-Apr-09, 08:01
amazingly sometimes i do bite my tongue

porshiepoo
06-Apr-09, 08:10
I try to say what I think. It's taken me a long time to learn to do it cos I don't particularly like upsetting people. The main problem is that I perhaps haven't learned a great deal of tact to go with it :lol: Guess I'll have to work on that.

I certainly don't mind the opinions of others either. I'm happy enough to shove my opinions in the face of others so I don't mind if people do the same back to me.

riggerboy
06-Apr-09, 09:00
i say what ever i`m told to by the wife, i just say what i think and if it offeneds the i would like everyone to know i couldn`t care less lol

Happy Rascal
06-Apr-09, 09:09
I dont often set out to upset anyone by my opinion on certain things but I do have the right to say how I feel the same as they do.

northener
06-Apr-09, 09:33
I tend to be more direct on here than I am in real life. If I spoke on here like I do to most people face to face, it probably would make even less sense than my posts.....

Not only that, I can't be arsed to explain myself or dispute issues in the real world unless I'm in the right frame of mind. On here I can ignore a thread...it's very difficult to ignore someone who is stood in front of you and looking for a reply.

So I say what I think fits the situation at the time. Or I'll say something just to appease them because I can't be bothered to tell them they are a complete arse.

binbob
06-Apr-09, 09:48
I say what i think,that's me.

seems i am the same,butterfly.....;)

justine
06-Apr-09, 12:11
I am definately honest, say what i think and dont take heed to much of what people think of me. Its always easier to speak your mind on here but off some find it hard, but not me. straight to the point wether peole like what i have to say.

mrs and mr brown
06-Apr-09, 12:20
oh well i am a true speaker i say what needs to be said and my opinion is heard lol, pals ask for advice and i tell them what i think, i expect the same honest and truthful all the way, i hate it when people are afraid of what to say to another incase they take offence. and then tell another pal what they really thought, im loud mouthed and i have a awful lot of opinions, im very much an open book, i think thats the best way to be.

ShelleyCowie
06-Apr-09, 12:24
I try to speak my mind and come across as nice as possible. But i word things so badly! Even face to face im just so useless at putting words together without seeming horrible!

I do try...but it never works! Im just a keffuffle really. :confused But sometimes its funny to other people! :cool:

Bad Manners
06-Apr-09, 12:41
Whilst I never set out to upset anyone I say what I think hence the user name. I was always told it was bad manners to say what you think.
Now I do just that If you ask my opinion i will give it if you ask my opinion and expect me to lie and be polite then you are out of luck.
It is far better to be honest with everyone in that way everbody knows where they are.

jings00
06-Apr-09, 13:02
depends what it is about...if it is something i feel strongly about, then i will say what i think.

lynne duncan
06-Apr-09, 13:47
i say what i think, and then if i am wrong i will say sorry, if they can prove i am wrong.
i hate pussing footing around and having to watch the politics of it all, thinkthats why this country is in the mess its in
too much sue-ing other folk and too much folk being too pc
i am as i am

Gene Hunt
06-Apr-09, 14:00
I am a lot more restrained on here than in real life.

I can be brutally direct at times which means that I tend not to get on with the PC types who tend not to like straight talk. I think its better to be upfront about things, you know where you stand then.

davie
06-Apr-09, 16:50
I tend to say exactly what I think. On the .org I find that it usually gets me a yellow card from Admin.

Valerie Campbell
06-Apr-09, 16:51
I am a lot more restrained on here than in real life.

I can be brutally direct at times which means that I tend not to get on with the PC types who tend not to like straight talk. I think its better to be upfront about things, you know where you stand then.

Agree with you here. You have to be more restrained in case you upset folk even if it's unwittingly.

hotrod4
07-Apr-09, 05:52
I am definitely more restrained in public!!! I know I probably wind people up on here but that happens everywhere.If I was a good doggie and rolled over wagged my tail and agreed all the time the world would be a boring place.I tend to keep my opinions toned down in real life though especially at work where I am surrounded by women!!![lol]