PDA

View Full Version : asbo's

mallster
05-Apr-09, 16:49
Does anyone agree with the police stopping giving out asbo's
Due to the amount of youngsters being anti-social in the caithness area?

starry
05-Apr-09, 17:10
I never saw the point in ASBOs to begin with, I can't think of one young person who's behaviour has changed as a result of getting one.

hotrod4
05-Apr-09, 17:17
looks like you've just got an ASBO from the org police!!!:lol:

eric pollard
05-Apr-09, 18:54
there is nothing putting them off acting like this police do nothing and some parents wont do anything about it either so what do you do ?

binbob
05-Apr-09, 20:59
i think some folk here[not the above posters] could do with being given an asbo...[lol]:lol:

skinnydog
05-Apr-09, 21:05
I agree that kids won't change their behaviour if they have been issued with an asbo so it probably frees up valuable police time so that they can use their resources elsewhere.

In fact, for a while was it not an acheivement if kids managed to get an asbo? That kind of defeated it's purpose.

catran
05-Apr-09, 21:37
Is Caithness youngsters so anti -social??? I have lived here for many years and have not found any so far, so where are they???? You do get the whatevers but you get that anywhere. I feel sure that Caithness is not all bad kiddies??????

jings00
06-Apr-09, 13:08
na, not all kids/young people are bad, but it is the bad ones that give the rest a bad name.
the other night i was called names and threatened with a kick in...by a lad who woulda been about fourteen maybe?? the other 20 or so young folk i walked past on the way home were perfectly alright, no hassle at all.

mrs and mr brown
06-Apr-09, 13:34
asbos, now days young people that get asbos are proud of it, who has more in the group ect, asbos havnt done anything to stop the {bad} young people thinking twice about what they are planning to do, there needs to be harsher punnishment than what they are getting now, not sure what the goverment and police can do however dragging them back to their parents wont do anygood as some parents have no idea what there children are up to and some just dont care cause there away from under there feet ect. when the news is on and reading the papers i hear about what these little s***s are doing in communitys and what they are getting away with, which i find very shocking and as a mum i would be horrified if my daughter did anything that would hurt anything to do with someone or they belongings,

sometime though to do feel that im some cases that the parents are to blame as i know some children that are out of line and the parents just dont seem to batter and eyelid, sort of speak.

BOOTCAMP DOES SPRING TO MIND!!!!!

katarina
06-Apr-09, 18:56
maybe a curfew would work better. It was tried on an experimental basis in Leeds I think it was and petty crime dropped by 90%
There could be special concessions ie if kids are attending a club. I know the majority of kids can hang about the streets and cause no harm - it's the other few who spoil it for everyone else.