PDA

View Full Version : Geographical help please

badger
25-Feb-06, 18:45
I could probably find the answer to this myself with a bit of research but it will be much quicker to ask here. I'm fed up with not being able to enter Caithness as a county in online address fields where the only option is Highland, so I've decided to fight back. I did email ebay about this once and was impressed to get a very friendly phone call which said they would be looking at it but I would like to email all these ignorant people with a list of the counties in Highland. So if someone can fill me in I'm going to start a campaign and perhaps if enough people do it we can get Caithness put back where it belongs.

The fact that the county is not necessary in a postal address, and its use is not recommended by Royal Mail, seems to be lost on these people so they may as well get it right. [mad]

Rheghead
26-Feb-06, 02:36
Badger, this may be of interest to you

http://www.abcounties.co.uk

:o)

tillygirl
26-Feb-06, 12:00
That's nothing. I get mail that says I'm living on the Scottish Islands. Do people not do geography at school anymore?

cuddlepop
26-Feb-06, 12:10
We tell people we live on Skye and they think we're being funny,tell to look upwards ahd laugh. Not funny,
:confused yes Badger something has to be done

BRIE
26-Feb-06, 14:59
That's nothing. I get mail that says I'm living on the Scottish Islands. Do people not do geography at school anymore?

Ive been charged excessive amounts for delivery of parcels before because we are classed as the scottish islands! what a job trying to explain that we are inland.

katarina
26-Feb-06, 15:08
I had a lot of trouble with my first mobile phone. the girl on the other end insisted that they only deliverd to mainland scotland. I said I did live on mainland scotland and she assured me that my post code was listed as the Orkney islands. Try as i might, I could not convince her that I knew where I lived!!!!

badger
26-Feb-06, 20:52
Some companies, including B&Q, have the weirdest ideas about Scottish postcodes. I bought bird feeders recently from an online pet supplies store and was thinking of buying seed etc. after suggestions on my other thread re. hungry birds, but having looked at the areas they mark for surcharge I decided not to on principal. There's no extra charge for KW so they obviously don't know about Orkney but they do surcharge all IV nos. including IV1 ! I actually think their list is just full of careless typing but that's no excuse. I did point out to a travel company once that Wick was on the mainland. Thanks for the link - I'll have a look and maybe if enough of us protest somebody will do something. Just wish I knew where this database originated.