PDA

View Full Version : Swearing.

teenybash
04-Apr-09, 22:55
A man had cause to feel annoyed with a neighbour and approached the man of the house, who hastily passed him to his wife to deal with the problem.
The man proceeded to outline his grievance, punctuated with swearing. Despite the foul language the woman reassured the neighbour the matter would be seen to immediately. Her oh just stood by and never said a word and left her to get on with it while having to listen to the man cursing at her. Would you have done the same or would you have spoken up and asked him to say what he had to say but, without swearing.

upolian
04-Apr-09, 22:58
id have spoken up and told the person not to be so foul mouthed

changilass
04-Apr-09, 23:04
I would have asked him to quit the language and warned him if he didn't I would shut the door in his face.

Then I would have gone in the house to find out what alien had taken over my oh to make him behave in such a cowardly manner.

shazzap
04-Apr-09, 23:07
My OH would'nt let anyone talk to me like that.

alex
04-Apr-09, 23:18
who hastily passed him to his wife

Nuff said, wimp.

gleeber
05-Apr-09, 00:32
It could be that the bloke had a valid complaint against the neighbour. Maybe the husband knew he didnt have a leg to stand on so to avoid a confrontation he kept in the background. Maybe the husband was just on the verge of pinging the guy when he eased up a bit on the wife. He was a lucky guy. :lol:

butterfly
05-Apr-09, 00:51
I would have just shut the door then gone inside and sworn at my oh lol!

alex
05-Apr-09, 00:58
It could be that the bloke had a valid complaint against the neighbour.
Very true

Maybe the husband knew he didnt have a leg to stand on so to avoid a confrontation he kept in the background.
He could have attempted to placate the guy, by saying sorry

Maybe the husband was just on the verge of pinging the guy when he eased up a bit on the wife.
She may have stepped in herself knowing the situation might escalate but thats not what the original post suggested.

He was a lucky guy. :lol:
I am guessing he got an ear-bashing from his wife later.

butterfly
05-Apr-09, 01:10
A bit of civility would have sorted the problem out quicker i suppose.No need to swear.

EDDIE
05-Apr-09, 10:06
A man had cause to feel annoyed with a neighbour and approached the man of the house, who hastily passed him to his wife to deal with the problem.
The man proceeded to outline his grievance, punctuated with swearing. Despite the foul language the woman reassured the neighbour the matter would be seen to immediately. Her oh just stood by and never said a word and left her to get on with it while having to listen to the man cursing at her. Would you have done the same or would you have spoken up and asked him to say what he had to say but, without swearing.

Not enough info on the problem how it started or whos at fault but my oh is quite firey and is good at sticking up for herself but i wouldnt stand by and let her get a telling off from a nieghbour or anyone i would get involed in the argument.
If the guy was using foul langauge you should have told him there in then to stop it and if he didnt then end the conversation and walk away.
But why did the man have a reason to get annoyed.?

BRIE
05-Apr-09, 10:15
my ex would of done the same!! I remember hearing a noise down stairs one night & waking him thinking we had burglars, he stayed in bed & sent me downstairs to check!:eek:

ks
05-Apr-09, 12:03
Maybe he knew she could take care of herself! If it had been the other way round would everyone expect her to say something?

squidge
05-Apr-09, 12:05
I would have asked him to drop the swearing myself!!!! He was talking to me and if i thought his language wasnt appropriate I would have said so - why wait for a man to do it - like anything else you will be waiting all day!!!!!:roll:

hotrod4
05-Apr-09, 12:07
What was he saying? Was it actual swearing or was he talking gaelic!!!!!![lol]

ks
05-Apr-09, 12:17
I would have asked him to drop the swearing myself!!!! He was talking to me and if i thought his language wasnt appropriate I would have said so - why wait for a man to do it - like anything else you will be waiting all day!!!!!:roll:

Well said. Who needs a man to stand up for you!

mums angels
05-Apr-09, 21:33
My hubby would have gone off on one and probably would have ended up using his fists .. however i'm perfectly capable of speaking up for my self and would have promptly slamed the door in his face or shouted him down .

Rheghead
05-Apr-09, 22:03
MY OH invariably takes over such confrontations anyway because she knows fine well about my inability to sort things out diplomatically, it may be the case that hubby just knew his shortcomings in the diplomacy dept and passed on the situation the the mrs.