PDA

View Full Version : DNA on dog's poo

angela5
25-Feb-06, 17:20
With everyone getting fed up with this muck left on our streets and parks what's everyones view on DNA-testing every mound of poo left by delinquent pooches?

There is a dog lover in todays daily record refusing to pay a £50 fine she says her pooch never did it in the local park..if DNA is matched to her dog she faces a £1000 fine..

2little2late
25-Feb-06, 17:43
Quite agree with you. I have been wondering for long enough about the possibility of DNA from dogs. If it is possible then every dog could have it's DNA taken and kept on a data base. All to be paid for at the owners expense of course. That way people will think twice about getting a dog and will HAVE to clean up after their dog. Bring back dog licences.

unicorn
25-Feb-06, 17:48
good idea maybe but who foots the bill for the extra jobs and the testing??

dozerboy
25-Feb-06, 17:48
With everyone getting fed up with this muck left on our streets and parks what's everyones view on DNA-testing every mound of poo left by delinquent pooches?

Remember its not the pooches that leave the poo there, its the owners who can't be bothered to pick it up!! I don't think that the responsible owners should have to pay for it though. Bags for poo collection are available free, so there is no excuse!

angela5
25-Feb-06, 17:50
[quote=dozerboy Bags for poo collection are available free, so there is no excuse![/quote]

Very true dozerboy just wish everyone would use them.

2little2late
25-Feb-06, 17:51
good idea maybe but who foots the bill for the extra jobs and the testing??

As I said in my post. To be paid for at the dog owners expense.

dozerboy
25-Feb-06, 17:55
I know that walking about with a lovely little warm package is not my idea of fun, but it's part of the deal these days with having a pooch!

jings00
25-Feb-06, 18:00
DOG FOULING SECTION 48 CIVIC GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT, 1982
Any person in charge of a dog who allows it to deposit its excrement upon
A footpath or footway;

A grass verge maintained by a Local Authority and situated adjacent to a footpath or footway;

A pedestrian precinct maintained by a Local Authority;

Any place maintained by a Local Authority and used exclusively as a children's play area;

Any place maintained by a Local Authority and used for recreational or sporting purposes, being a place (in relation to which this section applies by virtue of the below) is guilty of an offence, and liable to a fine!
* 2) Section 1 (e) refers to a place where a notice stating that this section applies to it, and the effect of such application, is displayed at the entrance to that place or elsewhere so that it may be seen by members of the public intending to have access to the place.

*3) None of the above applies to a blind person in charge of a dog kept and used solely for his guidance (guide dog) or to a stockperson in charge of a working dog being used for driving livestock

Not that this will make a difference to the culprits owners.

dozerboy
25-Feb-06, 18:06
When I was out walking pooch and family this afternoon, one of my children managed to step in a poo, which makes me mad, when I always collect my dogs waste. There should be bigger penalties, but the problem is getting the guilty parties. Where I live, there should also be more doggy bins, 1 in the village is not enough.

angela5
25-Feb-06, 18:22
When I was out walking pooch and family this afternoon, one of my children managed to step in a poo, which makes me mad, when I always collect my dogs waste. There should be bigger penalties, but the problem is getting the guilty parties. Where I live, there should also be more doggy bins, 1 in the village is not enough.

The message does'nt seem to be getting through..something needs to be done it's everywhere[mad]

ice box
25-Feb-06, 18:47
We could allways toliet train lol

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 19:31
My Doggie is polite, She does her biz in wur garden then goes for her walk & just pees when shes oot. Rare or what???:Razz

_Ju_
25-Feb-06, 19:36
Yes offcourse!!!!!!!!...and we could always cross reference the DNA with the criminal Doggie DNA bank....or even better: DNA Test all puppies AT BIRTH to create a national data bank of pooch DNA to have a register of all culprits before they are old enough to foul the streets. Why stop at pooches... cats "going" in other peoples gardens......

dozerboy
25-Feb-06, 21:31
I do think the DNA thing is going too far, but I don't see how else this problem can be stopped, unless we all have polite dogs that poo in the garden.

angela5
25-Feb-06, 21:34
I do think the DNA thing is going too far, but I don't see how else this problem can be stopped, unless we all have polite dogs that poo in the garden.

It is a bit, yes. But after reading it in today's paper just wondered what everyones view was...

katarina
25-Feb-06, 22:08
Walking down my street is horrific! Every day there seems to be more of the stuff on the pavement. thing is, i never see any dog in the act. We seldom see dogs wandering about alone now a days, so i can only assume, the owners stand there and let them do it.
If you want to own a dog, you have to be responsible for cleaning up after them, or train them to do it in your own back garden. They can be trained to go out - so how difficult is it to train them to go to a specific spot?
It's all very well blaming the council for not having enough doggie poo bins, but untimately they do not HAVE to supply these bins. At the end of the day it is the owners responsibility. My dog has been trained to only do it on grass, and I always clean up even if we are miles away from a bin.
Now the traffic warden is seen daily on the streets of Wick, we no longer have cars double parking all along bridge street - great. If only we could get a permanent dog warden and a few more fines.
If these offenders are caught on cctv cameras will action be taken?

just thought I'd mention this. the other day when I was up the river I noticed that some one did clean up after their dog, but must have objected to carrying the bag as far as the next bin as they had tied it to the branch of a tree!

angela5
25-Feb-06, 22:57
the other day when I was up the river I noticed that some one did clean up after their dog, but must have objected to carrying the bag as far as the next bin as they had tied it to the branch of a tree!

good someone cleaned up...yuk they tied it to a branch of a tree..a wee kiddie might pull it of wondering whats inside..http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_13.gif

angela5
25-Feb-06, 23:37
If you want to own a dog, you have to be responsible for cleaning up after them, or train them to do it in your own back garden. They can be trained to go out - so how difficult is it to train them to go to a specific spot?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_14_1.gif
How true..

ice box
26-Feb-06, 00:43
My Doggie is polite, She does her biz in wur garden then goes for her walk & just pees when shes oot. Rare or what???:Razz
my mums doggy does that as well strange Aaaaa

ice box
26-Feb-06, 00:47

There is a dog lover in todays daily record refusing to pay a £50 fine she says her pooch never did it in the local park..if DNA is matched to her dog she faces a £1000 fine..
i can just see it now the poo detectives going round picking samples of dog pooand then sending a bill for not picking it .

angela5
26-Feb-06, 00:49
i can just see it now the poo detectives going round picking samples of dog pooand then sending a bill for not picking it .

Just imagine..' where was your dog on the evening of........'

This poo is fresh..sample it..

JAWS
26-Feb-06, 00:50
"No! You hold it this time while I measure it!" :roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Feb-06, 00:50
I can see the scene now.Wee Rover in the interview room now at the polis station with two detectives sitting in front of him with exhibit A in a poop bag on the table.

"Oor forensic team Mr Rover say that this is yours......well is it?":lol:

angela5
26-Feb-06, 00:52
I can see the scene now.Wee Rover in the interview room now at the polis station with two detectives sitting in front of him with exhibit A in a poop bag on the table.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gifthats so funny cedric.....

krieve
26-Feb-06, 01:05
poo inspectors lol what a job that would be .

JAWS
26-Feb-06, 02:00

"Woof! You found it, you can keep it! I've got my own supply.:o) "

ice box
26-Feb-06, 02:21
i think it's just some thing we are just going to get used to there will always be some one letting there dog poo on the pavement unless they get the poo police on the beat lol

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Feb-06, 02:32
Know what ye man ice-box,but I personally think that dogs are smarter than we think.I think the problem is when a dog gets taken for a walk 8/10 owners will pick up the business and put it in the bin.

BUT,when a dog is on its own for a stroll,it becomes a wee Jimmy Dean(rebel without a cause).The eejit isnae with me the day,lets see what happens when ma poo is left there.

Oh look that other eejit has just stood in it,and wit language he's using.Hey I'll have to tell ma pals that I've just invented a new game.:lol:

angela5
26-Feb-06, 02:35
Oh look that other eejit has just stood in it,and wit language he's using.Hey I'll have to tell ma pals that I've just invented a new game.:lol:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_23.gif

dozerboy
26-Feb-06, 11:51
That's a lovely picture angela5, just put me aff my cup of tea!!

There are a few pooches out on there own, I see one in particular on a regular basis, but cat poo is also a problem. There is one keeps using my front grass, and doesnae burry it.

Any ideas for the cats?

cuddlepop
26-Feb-06, 12:05
As a dog owner i agree something has to done.Dont think Dna testing is the answere,you just need more considerate owners and a well trained dog who will only poo to command:roll:

angela5
26-Feb-06, 13:26
That's a lovely picture angela5, just put me aff my cup of tea!!

Sorry dozerboy...i've removed it..lol

krieve
26-Feb-06, 13:35
Angela you could set up a group O.A.P orgers against poo lol

angela5
26-Feb-06, 13:38
Angela you could set up a group O.A.P orgers against poo lol

O.A.P ??.....Ah! get it now..lol