PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v England

Tymey
25-Feb-06, 15:04
Who'll win at Murrayfield today? I fancy Scotland to get a win.

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 15:07
Who'll win at Murrayfield today? I fancy Scotland to get a win.
England 27-16

wickerinca
25-Feb-06, 18:23
England 27-16

was that the score.........or a prediction:confused:

DrSzin
25-Feb-06, 18:37
was that the score.........or a prediction:confused:It's only just started. You can watch or listen to it here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/4751046.stm).

It's 3-0 to Scotland. :D

Tymey
25-Feb-06, 18:38
A prediction. Scotland 3 England 0 at the mo.

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 19:32
6-6 44mins gone

DrSzin
25-Feb-06, 19:35
9-6 now :)

Is anyone else watching it on the internet? The picture is grainy but it's better than nothing.

Doolally
25-Feb-06, 19:59
Where do you watch it Dr?

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 20:02
Its on the telly Doolally
everytime i watch we lose so no watching it :lol:

Bingobabe
25-Feb-06, 20:03
15-9 Scotland 7minutes togo

Doolally
25-Feb-06, 20:03
Unfortunately I'm forced to watch Thomas the Tank Engine!!! Bairns!

DrSzin
25-Feb-06, 20:08
Where do you watch it Dr?On the BBC Sports website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/4751046.stm).

18-12 and it's almost finished. :)

cuddlepop
25-Feb-06, 20:11
I'M thick ino. but do you get a picture or just the sound DrZsin!!!!:confused [lol]

DrSzin
25-Feb-06, 20:15
I'M thick ino. but do you get a picture or just the sound DrZsin!!!!:confused [lol]Both of course!

But it's all over :) :)

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Wish I was at Murrayfield.

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 20:22
Well done to the egg chasers, now Scotland can beat England at Rugby, Tennis, Polo, Haggis chasing, Football..................OK Ill get my coat :Razz :p

golach
25-Feb-06, 20:22
Oh yah beauty, we won the Calcutta Cup, what a game!!!!! :p

tillygirl
25-Feb-06, 20:38
We did it and not before time. It's taken 6 years and a defensive Scottish team that were on top form today. Well done to them all.

~~Tides~~
25-Feb-06, 20:44
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How magic was that!!!!!! If you had told me a month ago that scotland would have beeten France AND England I would have telt you dont be silly! Just shows how much scotland have progressed. And it was the first game in ages that I didnt think Scotland would loose in the last minuite.

WoOooOOHOOOOO!!!!

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 20:48
We did it and not before time. It's taken 6 years and a defensive Scottish team that were on top form today. Well done to them all.

Is it really as long as that since Scotland beat England????
A bit like the football team 6yrs since they beat them too, Keep it up then eh?

star glazer
25-Feb-06, 20:56
:o) Fantastic news.. Must of helped them being a home match.
Who's next "The all black's". GO SCOTLAND GO

landmarker
25-Feb-06, 21:20
I dont really understand rugby, it's far too physical a game for me and I'm only five ten.

However...I know what winning means, especially agin the near neighbours.

Well done Scotland - how come England have lost their RU way since the world cup?

candyfloss
25-Feb-06, 21:37
Don't understand rubgy either.But Scotland beating England tonight was just magic.Maybe they can win the 5 nations yet,you just never know the way they are playing lately.GOOD LUCK TO THEM:grin:

candyfloss
25-Feb-06, 23:21
OMG.Did i say 5 nations,i should have said 6nations, did'nt i say i know nothing about rugby:o

2little2late
25-Feb-06, 23:30
I dont really understand rugby, it's far too physical a game for me and I'm only five ten.

However...I know what winning means, especially agin the near neighbours.

Well done Scotland - how come England have lost their RU way since the world cup?

Because England's world cup win was a mere fluke. They only scored one try in the whole of the competition.

Geo
26-Feb-06, 00:09
What a great game. MY heart was in my mouth for the last ten minutes!

gleeber
26-Feb-06, 00:57
I dont get over excited about sport these days but I was in Liquid with my daughter for our tea and there was a bunch o them watching the rugby and i got caught up in it too.
My daughter enjoyed her steak pie and my fish and chips wisna bad either.
On another note, my daughters 12 and she mentioned to me how much the smoke was a problem for her. I hadnt really noticed until she said it but after that it was really noticeable.

Rheghead
26-Feb-06, 01:34
The game itself was nowt to write home about, if it was France and Italy playing I would have gone home at half time and I still wouldn't have missed much. No tries or anything, the points were all scored by penalties, what a game eh? Big deal!! As for the commentry on 5 live by the two Scottish commentators, it was totally onesided and biased. You would have been forgiven for thinking Scotland had actually won the World Cup by beating the World Champions.

Now where and when have we heard that sort of grumbling before? :lol: :roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Feb-06, 01:38
Ahhhhhh!!!!.....but Scotland won Rheghead....thats aw that matters!!!!Made the day....a beauty.

mama2
26-Feb-06, 01:42
I thought Scotland played very well today England tried everything but could not get past the mighty Scots!!! It's just nice to be able to gloat once in a while :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Feb-06, 01:49
Let's not kid ourselves, it was a win for Scottish Rugby - not Scotland.

squidge
27-Feb-06, 11:29
It was great

It made me hold my breath and i was sooooooooo excited - it was great to see Scotland's determination and they just shut England down at every potential move they made - i had a great time watching it

bigjjuk
27-Feb-06, 11:57
as an english man through and through, i humbly raise my hand and say "well done to the scots" It was all about hard hitting and not much running, both teams must be feeling sore today. Well done the scots but watch out the enlgish are rebuilding too.

lasher
27-Feb-06, 13:37
What?:confused

golach
27-Feb-06, 16:07
If its a win for Scottish Rugby!!!!! It must be a win for Scotland, because it was not a win for England, Wales, Ireland, France or Italy :confused:

Whitewater
27-Feb-06, 17:37
Unfortunately I'm forced to watch Thomas the Tank Engine!!! Bairns!

Life gets tough dosn't it, ha ha. I've been in the same boat many times in the past.

Scotland did do well, pity about Welsh match and us having only 14 men for 75% of it, we may have been on our way to a Grand Slam had we a full team, I'm sure they would have won.

I always dread the game against the Italians, they have always seemed to not take them too seriously in the past, but this team looks like they mean business.

Good luck to them in their next two matches.