PDA

View Full Version : Sky

robbain
04-Apr-09, 14:09
Is it me or is it Sky, I have sent an email to Sky to downgrade my sky packages, have asked to remove the Sports package the other day. You get these automatic emails acknowledging the email send, therefore today I decided to phone Sky, to check what's happening, been told Sports package will be turn off and my account credited as I pay monthly, and also been informed the I have cancelled the Movies Package as well, I told the operater I haven't cancelled the Movies package, just the Sports, they will correct this, but I will need to check later today on the movie channels to see if they have cut me off. Why do these characters don't read emails properly?

Gene Hunt
04-Apr-09, 15:15
Had the same trouble with them just keep a record of the e-mails you sent in case they try and charge you for a service you had already cancelled.

Their service is atrocious though, last time I spoke to one of their customer service people I ended up putting the phone down on them.

telfordstar
04-Apr-09, 18:20
Ive never used the email service from sky but anytime ive called to cancel sports and movies or to see what offers are on my account ive never had any bother.

poppett
05-Apr-09, 18:38
I emailed them again last week about the VaT still not being reduced on my payments from December 1st last year. Threatened this time to withdraw from the contract which is up at the end of the month. Had email back to say I should phone an 08 number (megabucks if they have you on hold). I used the "say no to 0870" website and found a landline for Livingstone where a very helpful lady has sorted out the refund, changed my payment date to the one I asked for two years ago, and is arranging for an engineer to make an appointment to change the SKY+ box before my contract is up as it is one of a batch with a recall problem.

This is the first time I have ever had sensible dealings with SKY. And all done in my native tongue.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Apr-09, 21:16
I never e-mail when it comes to money.Pick up the phone,ask for the persons name and a reference number.I've found the Sky folk quite polite and pleasant when they phone.:D