PDA

View Full Version : Warning. This will make you cry!

Liz
04-Apr-09, 13:45
I thought long and hard about posting this as it is so sad but decided I would as it is so true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9PzU0SAXzY

Blondie
04-Apr-09, 13:55
Oh Liz that was heartbreaking :~(

ShelleyCowie
04-Apr-09, 13:58
Oh gosh Liz what u doin that for! Their wee eyes! The music alone near had me bubblin up!! :~(

Liz
04-Apr-09, 13:59
Sorry I did warn you!

I wasn't going to post it and maybe I shouldn't have?!:roll: Still it is sadly true as we live in an age where more and more animals become 'disposable'!

ShelleyCowie
04-Apr-09, 14:00
Sorry I did warn you!

I wasn't going to post it and maybe I shouldn't have?!:roll:

You did warn us! It was just really sad!

But leave it up. It makes people think! ;)

Liz
04-Apr-09, 14:06
I saw this posted on 'Twitter' and could hardly see to type afterwards for the tears in my eyes.

The first thing I did was cuddle Benjy!

binbob
04-Apr-09, 14:10
too upset and hurt just now..so do not think i can read this today..or ever.sorry ..just a woose!!

Liz
04-Apr-09, 14:17
too upset and hurt just now..so do not think i can read this today..or ever.sorry ..just a woose!!

No you are not a woose. Quite understand!

binbob
04-Apr-09, 14:28
thanks,liz.;)

the poacher
04-Apr-09, 14:38
sad is no the word

it takes alot to make me cry i only got a few pages in and i started
it is so sad:(

it does stop and make you realise how precious our pets are to us
and they are part of the family for life.

Liz
04-Apr-09, 14:45
I'm the same as you. Tears do not come easy to me but I was in bits seeing this video.

The first thing I did was cuddle my dog Benjy!

butterfly
04-Apr-09, 14:55
It made me cry.......and it make's me want to scream at people to think long and hard before you take any animal on....:~(

dragonfly
04-Apr-09, 15:55
I was in streams of tears too until Brodie came in, soaked to the bone, gutters up his legs, and gave me a big sloppy lick. Went through to utility room, got a dog towel out, said "what a pain you are" and smiled at him cos he's my pain for evermore.

people have got to understand the responsibilities of taking on ANY animal.

I am sure that money is the biggest reason for recent upsurge of rehoming pets and if it is I really hope those doing it for those reasons do not smoke, drink, gamble, watch Sky tv etc, cos all of those should be given up before a pet

Iris
04-Apr-09, 16:08
My dog has just come in, soaking wet and filthy, and got straight INTO my bed. Oh god I love my dog!!! My best friend.....

Had to go and make sure all the other beasties were ok too.

unicorn
04-Apr-09, 16:18
That is absolutely heart breaking, I am a mess of tissues and tears :~(

binbob
04-Apr-09, 16:57
and my phoebe baby basset has just squashed herself into the smallest dog bed in the house!!!!!!
i will not look at the video..more so after ur comments.i think i would find it unbearable.

hugs all round for our doggies,think.;)

Liz
04-Apr-09, 17:32
Sorry for upsetting you all but glad you understand why I posted it.

I do not condemn those who have to give up pets for legitimate reasons and know this can be a heartbreaking decision.

Unfortunately, an awful lot of animals are just given away because they become an inconvenience.

As you quite rightly said Dragonfly, money seems to be a factor in so many animals being put into welfare centres now but how many owners will give up 'luxuries' before resorting to this?
I just cannot imagine giving up any of my animal family and would go without many 'things' just to keep them as they are what makes live worth living.

porshiepoo
04-Apr-09, 17:41
I daren't look at it. I've read your comments and I'm afraid I ain't brave enough.
I've unfortunately witnessed many many horrific videos of animal cruelty and if this is anything like it then I shall have to sit this one out.
Judging by the comments here I can only guess as to what it entails but I do agree that awareness has to be bought to the fore and in whatever way it will have an impact.

teenybash
04-Apr-09, 17:46
My dog has just come in, soaking wet and filthy, and got straight INTO my bed. Oh god I love my dog!!! My best friend.....

Had to go and make sure all the other beasties were ok too.

You have said it all, so simply...........'My best friend.'

Liz
04-Apr-09, 17:48
You have said it all, so simply...........'My best friend.'

My pets are my best friends as well. Always there for you;don't judge you and you can be yourself with them and they will still love you!

We can learn a lot from them can't we?

ShelleyCowie
04-Apr-09, 18:27
I sit and speak to my cat often, see him as a friend who will never betray me. He will stay by my side. Cuddles up to me when he is cold. Love Fintan to bits.

The gerbils, now they give me entertainment constantly! Seeing fintan trying his hardest to catch them. Its hilarious actually. My wee best friends!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6808/dsc00900e.jpg

feegilmour
05-Apr-09, 00:18
got me in bits my dogs r all workers but love them all that woz so sad, its cumin up 2 first anniversary when we had 2 put digger 2 sleep coz of illness brought it all bak not that it left us......................miss him soooooooooooooooooo much

teenybash
05-Apr-09, 00:45
It is always so sad to say goodbye to a much loved friend and even worse when someone takes the animals you love dearly and has them pts behind your back. Sad to say this happened to me twice and it is still hard to reconcile what this person done and why. The video perhaps has helped me with this, even though it was a long time ago....................:~(

carasmam
05-Apr-09, 01:22
Sorry Liz, I couldn't bring myself to open the link after reading everyones responses :~( I know I will just end up a snottery mess if I do watch it :roll:

But I gave Cara extra cuddles anyway as I am getting the gist of it from the replies here :)

mrs and mr brown
05-Apr-09, 13:55
oh my god liz that was so powerful, im crying like a baby, lol, its so sad cause that happens every minute of everyday to some poor animal, really heartbreaking,

just now my beloved jakey is looking at me with the stranges of looks,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Liz
05-Apr-09, 14:01
So sorry for upsetting you all but it is a very powerful video isn't it?

Carasmam I don't blame you for not watching it! Just to let you know what it is about though.

It is about a dog who was once loved but other things took over the owner's life and the dog eventually ended up in care and, well, you can guess the end.:~(

Sadly it is true for far too many pets all over the world.

Teenybash I am so sorry about what happened to you but they will be waiting for you! xxx

purplelady
05-Apr-09, 23:16
that is soso sad can hardly see though the tears as i type this makes you think about your own wee pets does'nt it x

the poacher
10-Apr-09, 12:54
My animals mean the word to me !

I dont know what id do without them and i believe they think the same !

yess i believe we learn lots from them and they us !