PDA

View Full Version : Actual Warning Labels

krieve
25-Feb-06, 12:27
On Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.(Gee, that's the only time I have to work on my hair!)
On a bag of crisps: You could be a winner! No purchase nesessary.Details inside. (The shoplifter special!)
On a bar of Dove soap: Directions: Use like regular soap.(and that would be how?)
On some Swann frozen dinners: Serving suggestion: Defrost.(But it's *just* a suggestion!)
On a hotel provided shower cap in a box: Fits one head.
On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on box bottom): Do not turnupside down. (Too late! You lose!)
On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: Product will be hot after heating.(Are you sure??? Let's experiment.)
On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body.(But wouldn't that save more time?) (And whose body?)
On Boot's Children's cough medicine: Do not drive car or operate machinery.(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction if we just kept those 5 year olds off those fork lifts.)
On Nytol sleep aid: Warning: may cause drowsiness.(One would hope!)
On a Korean kitchen knife: Warning keep out of children.(Or pets! What's for dinner?)
On a string of Chinese-made Christmas lights: For indoor or outdoor use only. (As opposed to use in outer space.)
On a Japanese food processor: Not to be used for the other use.(Hmm, now I'm curious.)
On Sainsbury's peanuts: Warning: contains nuts.(but no peas?)
On an American Airlines packet of nuts: Instructions: open packet,eat nuts. (have lobotomy)
On a child's Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. (That's right, destroy a universal childhood fantasy!):lol:

willowbankbear
25-Feb-06, 12:46
PMSL [lol] [lol] [lol] Nice 1 Krieve

katarina
25-Feb-06, 13:02
I recently got sleeping tablets from my doc. The warning label said ; caution, may cause drowsiness.
I have a black coat, label says 'do not bleach,'
Oh well...

Rheghead
25-Feb-06, 13:06
The substance called dihydrogen oxide [aka Water] has a COSHH data sheet that warns of the risk of drowning when administered in copious amounts.

DOH! :roll: :o

Tymey
25-Feb-06, 14:23
Humourous as these warnings are, don't they say something about the level of "where there's blame, there's a claim" in this country?

Bingobabe
25-Feb-06, 21:53
On a child's Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. (That's right, destroy a universal childhood fantasy!):lol: oh well wont be buying one of those in a hurry lol:p

nicnak
25-Feb-06, 23:03
On a child's Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.
Oh I dont know could be fun watching dont you think !

genisis
25-Feb-06, 23:14
on some antidepressants the warning reads can cause suicidal tendencies!
great eh!

2little2late
25-Feb-06, 23:35
On Boot's Children's cough medicine: Do not drive car or operate machinery.(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction if we just kept those 5 year olds off those fork lifts.)

Think this one is aimed at Saxo vtr and other boyracers. [lol] [lol]

_Ju_
26-Feb-06, 00:08
I've tried to post the actual picture, but can't figure out how to. But have you ever had those really badly translated intructions??? Have a look at this:

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/hall/slides/Dragon%20Ballz.html

brandy
26-Feb-06, 00:44
omg head started spinning trying to read that.. thank god for the picture!