PDA

View Full Version : Dead Cat Found

ShelleyCowie
03-Apr-09, 13:38
I went into my shed for the first time in pretty much most the winter today and whilst getting the lawn mower out, i found a dead cat. It looks like it has been there a few weeks at least. The eyes had decomposed but thats about it.

It was a black cat with a white belly and chest. Also had 3 white socks. No collar by the looks of it, but can not be 100% sure.

The cat did not look thin at all, so must have maybe been ill. It was not trapped either because there is a hole in my shed door for Fintan to access if its bad weather.

Sorry i never noticed sooner! :~(

Julia
03-Apr-09, 17:10
Oh Shelley you must have gotten a real fright! Poor wee cat :(

teenybash
03-Apr-09, 17:19
Who knows, maybe the owner will read this Shelley and at least heir minds will be put at rest.................probably the puss crept into to have peace to die.....:(

ShelleyCowie
03-Apr-09, 17:43
Julia i did get a fright. Did not expect it at all. I know that quite alot of cats that use our shed as a stop over if the weather is bad. Its like a wee hotel actually with blankets and cat beds in there.

I hope the owner reads this. Just to let them know the cat was found. Just too late. :~(

I feel so bad that i never noticed one in there before. But i dont often go in the shed. I will check more often from now on.

R.I.P wee cat! xx

binbob
03-Apr-09, 21:42
aww..poor wee soul ..and poor u too.what a thing to happen.bless the wee cat :(

ShelleyCowie
04-Apr-09, 21:44
For point of interest incase this is anybodys cat, i live in Thurso around Frasers/Pennyland area. Just incase it was someone who lived close.

Poor kitty, still feel so bad! Checked my shed 4 times today to make sure no cats in there!

I know of about 4-5 cats that regularly go in anyway but just making sure they are all ok.

cuddlepop
04-Apr-09, 21:53
Oh shelly ,what a fright you must have got.

Maybe we should all be checking our sheds more regularily.There have been a few missing cat posts over the winter maybe they've been sick and passed away like this cat.:~(

binbob
04-Apr-09, 22:02
For point of interest incase this is anybodys cat, i live in Thurso around Frasers/Pennyland area. Just incase it was someone who lived close.

Poor kitty, still feel so bad! Checked my shed 4 times today to make sure no cats in there!

I know of about 4-5 cats that regularly go in anyway but just making sure they are all ok.

bless u,shelley..so kind and caring.;)

kmahon2001
04-Apr-09, 22:25

Don't feel too bad Shelley. As I understand it, cats always try to find somewhere quiet and private to die. That's what one of my cats did when she died - she found a nice quiet place under a large bush at the bottom of a neighbour's garden and she just lay down and died. There probably would have been nothing you could do even if you found the cat before it passed, and at least the cat had the privacy it wanted to die in peace.

Liz
04-Apr-09, 22:48
Don't feel too bad Shelley. As I understand it, cats always try to find somewhere quiet and private to die. That's what one of my cats did when she died - she found a nice quiet place under a large bush at the bottom of a neighbour's garden and she just lay down and died. There probably would have been nothing you could do even if you found the cat before it passed, and at least the cat had the privacy it wanted to die in peace.

I completely agree with you kmahon2001.

Poor Shelley it must have been awful for you.

ShelleyCowie
04-Apr-09, 23:04
Thanks everyone for the nice words! It is not a nice thing to find being such a pet lover! :(

I just want to sit and cuddle Fintan all the time just now! Cant understand why he wont sit for that long tho! lol.

purplelady
04-Apr-09, 23:57
awwww hun i would have cried big softie me x

Iris
05-Apr-09, 12:39
Oh Shelley!!! What a fright you must have got!! I would be so upset if that had happened in my shed. I'm not surprised you keep checking the shed now.
I do hope the poor moggy's people can be found.

Moonboots
06-Apr-09, 10:25
You might all think im being abit blunt but here goes.

Everyone does not like to see their pets get killed but it happens!!!

Im a pet lover got 3 cats myself but get a grip of yourself Shelley!!! Pets die the whole time and you dont see anyone who finds a cat getting upset like you are..

I had to go and take my neighbours cat from the bottom of the road as it was ran over.
Its head was flattened and his eyes were hanging out. Did i get upset NO...

Ive had a few cats killed by cars over the years so maybe im just used to it.

At the end of the day - I would feel sorry for the cat owners if there is one and not someone who found a dead cat !!!!!!

binbob
06-Apr-09, 10:44

Im a pet lover got 3 cats myself but get a grip of yourself Shelley!!! Pets die the whole time and you dont see anyone who finds a cat getting upset like you are..

I had to go and take my neighbours cat from the bottom of the road as it was ran over.

At the end of the day - I would feel sorry for the cat owners if there is one and not someone who found a dead cat !!!!!!

sorry..i think this is very harsh.shelley is an animal lover ,with lots of compassion and has every right to be upset.
i really do not think we needed such an explicit picture of the wee cat u picked up.

please think again.[disgust]

Iris
06-Apr-09, 12:26

I don't think its the fact that the cat is dead that is upsetting Shelley so much, more the fact that she didn't notice it for some time. We are all used to the fact that things die. I think what may be going through Shelleys mind is that the owners of the cat may have been left wondering what had happened to it for some time because she didn't check her shed.

balto
06-Apr-09, 17:54

dont think the pet forum is for you, with an attiude like that, shame on you. shelley was doing the decent thing informing us incase the cat belongs to anyone on the org.

ShelleyCowie
06-Apr-09, 18:05
Hi everyone!

Again thanks for the kind words.

I have had someone contact me who believes the cat belonged to them. The description fits the cat that was in my shed.

Thanks all.

Margaret M.
07-Apr-09, 04:08
There is nothing in your post that conveys the impression that you are a pet lover. You are someone who has three cats and a lack of compassion. Pet lovers feel sad when they find a dead animal -- they seldom take it in stride. Pet lovers are saddened by the loss of every pet and never "get used to" losing their pets.

lelebo
07-Apr-09, 16:49

I quote often get annoyed by posts on the org but not enough to get involved but I had to write because I think this was the most thoughtless and un-necessary post that I have ever read. No pet lover would take such obvious pleasure in deride someone else's upset OR in describing a cat that had been run over ..... especially not in a pet lover's forum...shame on you!!!

KCI
07-Apr-09, 20:25
Moonboots, your post does not sound like that of an animal lover.
Shelley, I would have been as upset at you are. I'm still thinking about the poor cat now, and I wasn't even there. :~(

purplelady
07-Apr-09, 23:55

omg that is sick and you call yourself a pet lover good heavens if you are a pet lover all i can say is feel sorry for your pets