IN
VIEWFIRTH, DUNCAN STREET, THURSO

ON FRIDAY, 3RD MARCH 06

8.30pm for 9pm START

Price: £1.50 per person

:) CASH PRIZE :)

Bobinovich
25-Feb-06, 00:27
I thought the Viewfirth was closed but obviously not. When is it due to?

Loafer
25-Feb-06, 00:27
Well, is this it? The big ideas to save the Viewfirth? So what is it???????

A quiz night!

Wow!!

The Loafer

flowertot
25-Feb-06, 10:12
Well, is this it? The big ideas to save the Viewfirth? So what is it???????

A quiz night!

Wow!!

The Loafer

[evil] Maybe it is a little to late, but as they have nothing to lose it is not good that they are trying to do something.

Everyone seems to have an opinion on the club and how it has been run over the years, I have to add that you were once a committee member surely you would need to put your hands up to be counted maybe along with the other committee members at the downfall off the club!!!!! As the committee oversees the running of the club and from what you said used to go on; as committee members you could have maybe made a difference, but I get the feeling that previous members were only in it for their own benefit rather than to the benefit of the club. The committee now maybe are trying a little to late, but least they can be sure that they did try to bring the club out of the position that it is in, rather than sit back and do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! [evil]

Rheghead
25-Feb-06, 13:13
Whenever I do the RNLI quiz (once a year) in the Viewforth, the bar and the bingo hall is reasonably full on a Thursday night, there are not many spots in town that can boast that. I understand that the Viewforth has a regular quiz a month not just in their dying throes?:confused:

Loafer
27-Feb-06, 07:56
[evil] Maybe it is a little to late, but as they have nothing to lose it is not good that they are trying to do something.

Everyone seems to have an opinion on the club and how it has been run over the years, I have to add that you were once a committee member surely you would need to put your hands up to be counted maybe along with the other committee members at the downfall off the club!!!!! As the committee oversees the running of the club and from what you said used to go on; as committee members you could have maybe made a difference, but I get the feeling that previous members were only in it for their own benefit rather than to the benefit of the club. The committee now maybe are trying a little to late, but least they can be sure that they did try to bring the club out of the position that it is in, rather than sit back and do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! [evil]

Yes, I was indeed a committee member. I came out with various "modern" ideas to the committee at the time, but the old fogies just laughed at me. I TRIED my best with them. The best they came up with was a Karaoke. My ideas were then used by other clubs and raked in a fortune.

As a matter of interest, these old fogies are now back in charge of the place. Obviously this quiz night is along the same tracks!!!!! That's why I won't set foot in it again.

If you reckon you can change these owld mannies, carry on. YOU WILL FAIL!!!

The Loafer

janette
27-Feb-06, 09:19
Spot on Loafer. You tried, and tried and tried again, but unless it was a success in the middle sixties, the old fogies were not interested. They are stuck in a rut, and wont be moved.

willowbankbear
27-Feb-06, 09:49
Yes, I was indeed a committee member. I came out with various "modern" ideas to the committee at the time, but the old fogies just laughed at me. I TRIED my best with them. The best they came up with was a Karaoke. My ideas were then used by other clubs and raked in a fortune.

As a matter of interest, these old fogies are now back in charge of the place. Obviously this quiz night is along the same tracks!!!!! That's why I won't set foot in it again.

If you reckon you can change these owld mannies, carry on. YOU WILL FAIL!!!

The Loafer

You can go about with yer head high mate, sounds like 1 of the clubs in Wick, all the oaps died, now its a well run club.
they dont like change,Im afraid