PDA

View Full Version : birthday cakes and 6 year olds!

brandy
02-Apr-09, 23:43
omg.. ok.. tomorrow is sams bday... does he want a normal cake? ohhhh nooo....
what would you like on your cake sam... GRAVE DIGGER!
okkkkaaayyyy... what kind of gravedigger cake! BIG ONE! with grave digger on top!
well, looked on the net and he saw 3D cakes... yeah..
went to the bakery.. the lady is on holiday... *grrr*
so mummy has to figure something out! have never made a 3d cake before.. ive no moulds for a monster truck... but being a adventurous gal i gave it a whirl... and here is what we have ended up with *G*
dont laugh to hard! it was my first try ever doing a cake like this! and it is for a six year old!
*Laughs* and im proud its all in one piece! kinda!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/sams6thbday002.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/sams6thbday003.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/sams6thbday005.jpg

ShelleyCowie
02-Apr-09, 23:59
Aw wow! Make me a bday cake! Its my 21st this year and i would like a xbox cake! lol! Jokin....

Anyways it looks awsome! ;)

*Martin*
03-Apr-09, 00:55
That looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one

mallster
03-Apr-09, 01:04
Happy birthday wee man, enjoy your cake!

eric pollard
03-Apr-09, 01:04
when is your birthday martin i will make you one HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM HAVE A GOOD ONE YOUR MUM DID A GREAT JOB :lol::lol::lol:

rockchick
03-Apr-09, 07:59
It's brilliant! I love the use of chocolate donuts for mud-covered wheels - top-notch effort. I'm sure your son will love it.

Dadie
03-Apr-09, 08:49
You got a nice day for the party!
Sam can now have both the horses and the bouncy castle.
Less hassle with an outside party:D
Pity Lauren has another party to go to today but I dont know what will be worse for us Mums .... A bunch of 3 year olds(mostly girls) Or a bunch of 6 year olds(mostly boys)

kriklah
03-Apr-09, 10:09
that is absolutly brillient, well done!!!!!!!!

ive always thought shop bught cakes are expensive and impersonal, tho ive cheated and bought them occationaly, but i do prefer trying to make it myself. over the years ive had to make thomas the tank cake, pepper pig, bayblade, dragons, im sure the kids come up with the ideas to make us work harder!!:roll:

ive got my daughters 5th birthday coming up this month, hate to think wat she will come up with, hopefully something easy, pink and frilly.

jay
03-Apr-09, 11:05
when my daughters were small I found the easiest most effective girlie cake was to use a bowl to cook the cake in, make a hole in the middle and stand a barbie doll in it - you can decorate the cake to look like a ballgown and ice the top on the doll - they loved it and it didn't cost a fortune, another easy girlie one was the my little pony castle with upside down ice cream cones for turrets - as the meerkat says "simples"

toodiemac
03-Apr-09, 11:17
That's fantastic! I just wouldn't know where to start, well done.

Oh, BTW did you mean to leave out the H in birthday? Trust me to notice things like that.

brandy
03-Apr-09, 16:55
nope! *Laughs* so didnt! just now noticed it! but was so tired by the time i did that.. *Groans* ahh well adds character!

mums angels
03-Apr-09, 22:58
Well done .. i havn't made the birthday cakes in my house in 7 years . I now leave it all to the hubby and he makes great 3d cakes :)

EDDIE
04-Apr-09, 07:38
To be honest about it brandy i think the cake is brilliant home made birthday cakes are always better than shop bought.

mrs and mr brown
04-Apr-09, 10:36
well done the cake looks lovely and im sure everyone at the party will be saying what a cool mum you are, wow i could never make something like that, maybe you have found your calling lol. well done again let us know how it tasted, yum! xxx

herenow
04-Apr-09, 15:36
I love making 3d cakes i have made loads of them for birthdays, castles and race tracks, a hannah montana guitar, should post some pics.

Liz
04-Apr-09, 17:56
What a great cake Brandy. Well done!:D Belated Happy Birthday Sam.

Venture
04-Apr-09, 18:16
I love making 3d cakes i have made loads of them for birthdays, castles and race tracks, a hannah montana guitar, should post some pics.

If you do that herenow, be prepared for the orders flooding in.:lol:

Elenna
04-Apr-09, 18:26
Brilliant cake, Brandy :) I hope Sam had a great birthday.