PDA

View Full Version : Buffet Dishes

Linnes
02-Apr-09, 16:28
Has anyone any ideas for buffet dishes? I like cold rice and pasta salads, but can't find any recepies anywhere.

Can anyone help?

S&LHEN
02-Apr-09, 16:53
Try these alot of them are fairly simple to make and taste delicious:)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/selections/salads-with-a-twist-all-occasion-ideas,192,RS.html

arana negra
02-Apr-09, 17:32
Sorry 2 things I avoid at buffets cold rice and pasta so cannot suggest any recipes.

Julia
02-Apr-09, 19:59
Deviled eggs are a favourite of mine

skinnydog
02-Apr-09, 20:58
This is tasty! Boil a packet of tri colour pasta, once cooked drain and when warm but not hot mix through one packet (the triangle ones) of blue cheese chopped in little bits so that it melts a bit. Take 3 or 4 chicken fillets, cut them into thick strips, grill, cool and cut into decent sized chunks. Mix in with the pasta and blue cheese. Tear 1 packet of fresh basil into bits, add that and chop 1 box of really decent cherry or plum tomatoes (got to be quality ones for the taste) in half, mix all together and away you go. Really nice and colourful. Makes a ton too!!

Another easy one is the cooked pasta, cold, grilled salmon, peas, sweetcorn, mix that all together and throw in a few tablespoons of mayo, mix well add some black pepper and looks good too. That makes a fair lot too and you can decide how generous you want to be with the salmon, loads or not much, it really doesn't matter.

Thumper
03-Apr-09, 12:19
Boil some tri coloured pasta,drain well and then add finely chopped red,yellow and green peppers and a red onion then mix with mayo its really yummy!
or boil some macaroni,drain,add grated carrots,spring onions and a tin of tuna and mix with mayo x

suzieQ
10-May-09, 16:37
a cup full of boiled rice (brown is nuttier)
a tin of tuna
desesrt spoon of each, pine kerrnals an sunflower seeds
small amount of diced peppers, 3 colours
small amount of kidney beans or mixed beans (35p a tin in lidl)
4 horse chesnuts for crunch ( 10 in a tin)
100ml of french dressing when mixing up.

I hate healthy food but have made this a few times an can't help but eat it all.
hope you enjoy:D