PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Halkirk with a dog?

cazmanian_minx
01-Apr-09, 20:49
My car's going in for a service next week, which means that Smokey and I will be at a loose end for a few hours. His leg won't be up to more than about 35 minutes of walking - is there a dog-friendly pub or cafe in Halkirk where we can go and settle in for a drink and some lunch? (Me, not him!)

horsegirl
01-Apr-09, 21:03
I am afraid its halkirk we are talking about here. No cafe but there is two pubs. I am not sure if they are dog friendly but ur best bet is the Com. Not sure if they are doing food yet though as they have just been taken over by someone new. Ulbster does good food but dont think they would allow dogs in. Sorry, dont think this really helps. Nice walk along the river though.:D

skinnydog
01-Apr-09, 21:43
I was the same as you one day in the winter, car in garage and took dog with me to Halkirk. There is a nice walk if you go past the Ulbster, over the bridge back towards Glengolly, take a right down past what I think looks like a toilet block and just keep going. You kind of loop right round past Hoy pumping station, come back out at the top of the road towards Glengolly and walk back into Thurso. If your dog is good then you can let them off the lead all the way until you are back on the main road. I think it took me 45 minutes.

cazmanian_minx
02-Apr-09, 10:15
Thank you both :)