PDA

View Full Version : Begging charity letters

pat
01-Apr-09, 19:27
Getting fed up withthesecoming through letter box addressed to me - had 5 today from these organisations - already shredded them for recycling but can roughly remember what they were

a. shetland pony sanctuary or something like that
b. African childrens sight
c. african water
d. the mission of Cancer and Polio Research Fund
e. Pennies for the poor - African Children's Fund

Yesterday I received 3 of these begging letters - cannot remember which organisations sent them.

The amount of money these charities spend sending me personally all the paperwork, envelopes - one of the requests had two pennies stuck on the begging letter, another a pen.

I give to the charities of my choice, no amount of begging letters will make me donate to all of these charities. In the past two weeks I have shredded at least 20 of these begging letters - how do I get my name removed from whichever list I am on that generates all these begging letters.

What do you think when you receive these begging letters - do you ever give or do you shred them all?

golach
01-Apr-09, 19:31
Pat, register here http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/ and in about 3 months all those unsolicited letters will virtually stop

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-09, 19:43
I have the charities that I hold dear to my heart.Ye can only do so much.I like to keep it local or through personal circumstances.I have a wee box full of loose change ready for delivering to a local charity shop.

joxville
01-Apr-09, 19:54
It doesn't matter what the charity is, these days people don't respond to begging letters that I've decided to stop sending them. [lol]

poppett
01-Apr-09, 20:01
The ones which have a reply paid envelope with them I return to the sender with a polite note to have my details removed from their mailing list.

The others are marked "unwanted unsolicited mail, please return to sender" and put back in the postbox for the Royal Mail to return.

Very little junk mail comes here now as a result.

Golach`s link has worked for a couple of friends who couldn`t be bothered to do what I do.