PDA

View Full Version : marked my car

braalterr903
01-Apr-09, 08:12
hi who was person that marked my car door with their car door and took off it happened at dunnet forest yesterday it was their when i came back from my walk with kids dont know how people can do something like that and take off now am left to pay for it being repaired.

brokencross
01-Apr-09, 08:17
I feel your pain. Unfortunately it is one of the "joys of motoring".

bish667
01-Apr-09, 10:30
The offending person prob has no respect for their own car so will not be in the slightest bit bothered by hitting your car, thats if they even noticed :roll:

braalterr903
01-Apr-09, 10:52
no they dont have and i have only had my car a few months.

ranny_20
01-Apr-09, 15:52
lets be honest tho if you hit some1s car and could get away with it you OBVIOUSLY would, some people in caithness need to live a little.

braalterr903
01-Apr-09, 16:13
yes i would i wouldent have taken off like they did.

ranny_20
01-Apr-09, 16:18
so ur going to fork out hundreds of pounds then,when you have the chance to get away with it, 99.99% would leave u must be in that 0.1% then:eek:

cuddlepop
01-Apr-09, 16:30
so ur going to fork out hundreds of pounds then,when you have the chance to get away with it, 99.99% would leave u must be in that 0.1% then:eek:

If people were more honest then maybe our insurance premiums wouldnt be so high.:mad:

Sorry to here about your car being damaged,unfortunatly its a sign of the times when people wont take responsibility for their actions.:roll:

Ash
01-Apr-09, 16:44
lets be honest tho if you hit some1s car and could get away with it you OBVIOUSLY would, some people in caithness need to live a little.

and im sure u would be happy if that happened to you!

Miss Mack
01-Apr-09, 16:50
A few years ago now someone reversed into our blue Astra and practically wrecked the front of the car. The radiator was burst and the number plate and bumper were smashed, after having the car repaired we went on holiday but it started leaking water, as it was a Sunday we couldn't get the car fixed so had to get a b&b for the night and limp home the next day, holiday ruined. It was a great little car that we had had no problems with at all, until some dishonest git ran into it. The car was never the same again. So whoever you are I hope your ashamed of yourself for ruining a wee boys holiday!

bish667
01-Apr-09, 16:53
If 99.9% of people respected cars in the first place then less damage to other people's cars would happen.

ranny_20
01-Apr-09, 17:18
hahahaha rising to the bait every1 of uses ahahaha

i put the worm on the hook out there and every of you took the bait haha

get of the org and get some work done[lol]

DeHaviLand
01-Apr-09, 17:59
I forecast a short stay for yet another new member.;)

Ash
01-Apr-09, 18:05

hahaha me 2 :lol:

floyed
01-Apr-09, 18:13

What an idiot!:roll:

davie
01-Apr-09, 18:18

This one seems seems like some kind of uneducated illiterate prat or is that an injustice to prats ?

Aaldtimer
01-Apr-09, 18:33
Don't feed the Troll![disgust]

butterfly
01-Apr-09, 20:58

Fortunately i do too!![lol]

piratelassie
02-Apr-09, 01:22
Fortunately i do too!![lol]

Yes I agree, get the git off. But don't understand if he is suspended how is he still posting..?

Aaldtimer
02-Apr-09, 01:27
Yes I agree, get the git off. But don't understand if he is suspended how is he still posting..?
He ain't anymore, until the suspension is lifted(if ever)...it just appears on all his posts.
:)

Kenneth
02-Apr-09, 11:42
even i admit.................................

you lot rose to that pretty fast.

jeez oh its just a forum not a way of life

braalterr903
02-Apr-09, 12:44
£240.00 is what its going to cost me to get my car fixed just got price. hope who it was that hit my car is happy now dont say much for them taking off.

bish667
02-Apr-09, 15:05
Thats not so good but could of been worse.
I've had a few cars damaged by kids playing football in the park beside the car park where i live, even if i'd seen who did it i doubt i could have done anything about getting money for it.
I just park elsewhere now.

Understandably places like Dunnet Forest is a pain cos its only a smal parking area.

Due to problems like what happened to you, braalterr903, i try and park as far away from other cars as possible or just park in the middle of 2 spaces, and people wonder why i do that :roll:

braalterr903
02-Apr-09, 17:55
yes will be doingthat the next time i park anywere.

poppett
02-Apr-09, 18:14
Tried the parking between two spaces one morning at Lidl car park as it wasn`t my car and I was anxious not to get it damaged. When I came back with the shopping the cars on either side were so tight to the one I had I had to wait until their drivers returned to get in !... Wouldn`t have minded if the place was busy but there were only three other cars in the whole car park !!

alex
02-Apr-09, 19:05
Many years ago, in my yuppie days, I had a little sports car (a Scimitar SS1 - anyone remember them?) and was very upset to find the bumper crushed one morning when I went to drive it to work. I was slightly consoled to see a note under the wiper with an apology, name and phone number.

This was before everyone had mobile phones and I was the last person I know to get one. Anyway, when I got to call the number, the person who answered had no clue who the person was or what I was talking about.

I can only assume the culprit was observed and then deliberately covered his/her tracks with a diversion to the witnesses.

I'd forgotten all about that until you triggered the memory by mentioning one of my pet hates... people who don't park inside the lines at car parks :roll: I never realised it could be a deliberate thing and had always assumed it was a lack of consideration and carelessness.

poppett
02-Apr-09, 19:43
Once you arrive in Caithness Alex a whole new meaning to driving a car will clear to you. The further into the country you go you find the oncoming traffic hogging the white line, if there is one, then pulling over to the left just before you collide. Have been the length and breadth of britain and it seeme to just apply to Caithness. Happy motoring. Honestly think the white lines in a car park are put there to annoy the motorists who abandon cars wherever they like.

Camra
02-Apr-09, 20:38
Imagine leaving your car in a well lit car park, covered by CCTV and still having your car torched because the twats couldnt steal ( sorry joyride ) it. Not in Caithness i hasten to add.

Angel
02-Apr-09, 21:59
The rules I follow are...
1. Were possible make sure your own door can open into space often at one end of a parking area...
2. Park away from the any other car doors especially the drivers...
3. If you have to park next to a car, make sure it's brand new or very expensive...

Never had a problem... but I do feel for you...

Angel

Jenni
03-Apr-09, 09:56
Yeh i feel your pain, im 17 and got a really nice car that was in perfect nick and it was my pride and joy, but someone has dented my door which is going to cost £600 to sort. There is most likely a scratch or scrape on every pannel of my car and not 1 person has owned up to any of it. People need to get a grip :(

barmar62
03-Apr-09, 10:25
I think it is you who is the minority Ranny20, I accidently hit a car once in a quiet location, I had no quelms about leaving my name and contact details on the guys windshield, makes one wander if you have car insurance yourself?

attielattie
03-Apr-09, 11:04
Once you arrive in Caithness Alex a whole new meaning to driving a car will clear to you. The further into the country you go you find the oncoming traffic hogging the white line, if there is one, then pulling over to the left just before you collide. Have been the length and breadth of britain and it seeme to just apply to Caithness. Happy motoring. Honestly think the white lines in a car park are put there to annoy the motorists who abandon cars wherever they like.

Not just in Caithness, when I lived in the Middle East, a lot of Saudis drive like that - we called it Scalextrix driving. :lol:

As for the car park thing, I sometimes wonder if my car has some sort of vehicular magnetism. A car park can be virtually empty, so I park the car on its own, away from everyone else. Only to come out of the shop and find it's now attracted a few more cars, almost as if they were drawn there by some sort of giant magnet.

I am always very careful when I park next to someone and wouldn't dream of letting my door hit another car (even if it was an old wreck, it might be someone's pride and joy). Apart from anything else, these people who let their doors slam against other folks' cars, must be damaging their own doors (we can only hope). [lol]

mi16
03-Apr-09, 11:14
If in my old car I will deliberately squeeze in beside people who do this to p them off. It is the hieght of arrogance to assume you are entitled to two spaces.

When in my decent car I park at the furthermost corner of the car park and rarely have a problem either that or the parent and kid parking bays they are considerably wider.

Tried the parking between two spaces one morning at Lidl car park as it wasn`t my car and I was anxious not to get it damaged. When I came back with the shopping the cars on either side were so tight to the one I had I had to wait until their drivers returned to get in !... Wouldn`t have minded if the place was busy but there were only three other cars in the whole car park !!

Blondie
03-Apr-09, 11:17
You must lead a very sad boring life if you feel the need to do that to piss people off. Try getting out more [disgust]

mi16
03-Apr-09, 11:29
By being in a car park at all it would suggest that I am out :confused

squidge
03-Apr-09, 11:32
See people who squeeze in to car park spaces so close to you that its impossible to get in your car. The worst car park for this is the eastgate without a doubt. Twice now I have had to park the pram up and back out of a car parking space before being able to get the baby in to the car. Cant they see there is a baby seat in the back? Not to mention the time when - 7months pregnant I had to climb from the back seat into the front before i could even move the car because some bright spark had parked wonky and given me 3 inches to get myself into the front seat of the car!!!! Not all car parks have mother and baby spaces and often they are full or filled with people who think they ll just park there besides which we shouldnt have mother and baby spaces anyway - its just taking liberties!!!!

bish667
03-Apr-09, 12:06
I believe there are 4 types of car parkers :lol:

1. The people who park in the spaces but dont give consideration for other cars and will happilly let the doors go.
2. The people who park in the spaces but have respect and take note to not hit other cars with their doors.
3. People that park far away from everyone else and possibly take up 2 spaces to avoid any further damage to their cars. (These people were originally number 2 as above).
4. People that park near to number 3 people to annoy them. However these people will only do this when driving their second car/rustbucket :lol:

There is a fifth type too, the type that generally cant park within the lines as they unable to park properly :D

mi16
03-Apr-09, 12:19
Aye put me down for a 3 & 4 buddy
with the exception of taking up 2 spaces as that is ignorant

bish667
03-Apr-09, 12:51
I'm generally just number 3.
I find it best to park far away as then most people are too lazy to walk far so wont park near.

alex
03-Apr-09, 13:11
Achh well, I won't have a car when I arrive anyway so I shall just stop suddenly for no reason when walking along a busy pavement [lol]

bish667
03-Apr-09, 13:18
you'll be hard pushed to find a busy pavement in Thurso, more likely to get stuck behind slow walkers if anything :lol:

alex
03-Apr-09, 13:27
Achh well, I won't have a car when I arrive anyway so I shall just stop suddenly for no reason when walking along a busy pavement [lol]

you'll be hard pushed to find a busy pavement in Thurso, more likely to get stuck behind slow walkers if anything :lol:

How did I know someone was going to say that?

I'll have a few days in London first where they really don't appreciate that sort of thing - also stopping at the top/bottom of department store escalators or stairs is fun.

I think the solution though is to own a car you're not over proud of where the knock and scrape is "character". It doesn't excuse the dimwit who prangs you but it lessens the pain a bit.

butterfly
03-Apr-09, 15:24
By being in a car park at all it would suggest that I am out :confused

Yeah,out to annoy others.[lol][lol]

joxville
03-Apr-09, 15:37
Well done D.H., any chance of forecasting this weeks Lotto numbers? I promoise to cut you a share. ;)

DeHaviLand
03-Apr-09, 15:50
Well done D.H., any chance of forecasting this weeks Lotto numbers? I promoise to cut you a share. ;)

Ty Jox, cant believe I havent been asked to appear along with all those other clairvoyants in Wick tonight.

Here's my forecast for the lottery numbers, just for you.
The winning line will consist of 6 numbers. Each of these numbers will be between 1 and 49. At least one of these numbers will be an odd number.

There you go Jox, that should give you something to get started with. Good luck :D

davie
03-Apr-09, 15:54
Ty Jox, cant believe I havent been asked to appear along with all those other clairvoyants in Wick tonight.

Here's my forecast for the lottery numbers, just for you.
The winning line will consist of 6 numbers. Each of these numbers will be between 1 and 49. At least one of these numbers will be an odd number.

There you go Jox, that should give you something to get started with. Good luck :D

Oi ! - This is a bit unprofessional is it not. !! These are the exact same numbers you sold to me earlier today. I am sharing NO lottery jackpot with NO Joxville !

joxville
03-Apr-09, 16:15
That's okay davie, D.H. and me will gladly take your share. We'll have even more fun with a 50/50 share than 1/3rd. [lol]

DeHaviLand
03-Apr-09, 16:21
Oi ! - This is a bit unprofessional is it not. !! These are the exact same numbers you sold to me earlier today. I am sharing NO lottery jackpot with NO Joxville !

Excuse me! But unprofessional is my middle name. :confused And I think that at £7500 up front for winning lottery numbers, someone got a good deal! No? :Razz

davie
03-Apr-09, 16:32
OK - I give in. On reflection £7.5K for 1/3 share of £11Million is a good deal. My most humblest apology for becoming needlessly annoyed but I still want the 10% discount you promised for the following week's numbers if I pay in uncrossed Postal Orders.

Julia
03-Apr-09, 17:33

I like to leave a wee note on their windscreen in this situation saying 'next time I will bring my can opener'

The rules I follow are...
snip
3. If you have to park next to a car, make sure it's brand new or very expensive...

I used to go by that rule too!

Normally I park in parent and child parking but the other night I didn't as I was on my own, having checked my car today I have found no less than six recent bumps, scratches and scuffs including two small dents [evil] I've only had my car seven weeks GRRRR!! I'm never parking in the busy part of the car park ever again!!