PDA

View Full Version : Get stocked up

Fran
01-Apr-09, 02:29
did you all fill up your cars with petrol tonight? It went up at midnight.
Also tea is going up by quite a lot, because of droughts, so stock up on teabags now.

Celtic YNWA
01-Apr-09, 02:38
Also tea is going up by quite a lot, because of droughts, so stock up on teabags now.
how did the petrol and diesel go up.

Aaldtimer
01-Apr-09, 02:55
Sorry Fran, ye've fallen at the second fence! No April Fool here!;)

binbob
01-Apr-09, 06:22

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY.[lol]

bekisman
01-Apr-09, 08:27
It's no joke: "From tomorrow, 1 April, UK families will start to pay on average an additional £54 a year in tax on car fuels, the AA warns. In just over 12 months, that could rise to more than £150 extra. Millions of motorists may think this increase is being sneaked through before the Budget.
At midnight tonight, fuel duty and VAT on petrol and diesel rises 2.12 pence per litre. With nearly a third of UK households with two or more cars this means that for a family with two petrol cars, each consuming an average of 1,286 litres of fuel per year, the annual tax burden will increase by £54.53.
From 1 April 2010, following VAT's return to 17.5% and an 'inflation + 0.5p' fuel duty rise this time next year, a further 4p a litre is likely to be added to the cost of petrol and diesel.
Four out of five drivers have demonstrated their opposition to Wednesday's fuel duty increase through the AA Populus poll of more than 10,000 AA members. Half of the sample want the Chancellor to freeze fuel duty and 31% want it cut. Only 18% can see any justification for a fuel duty rise to support government spending in any shape or form."

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/news/april-fuels-day-fuel-duty-increase.html

golach
01-Apr-09, 08:39

Well done Fran, you are right, Aaldtimer and Binbob are the huntegowks [lol]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7951974.stm

binbob
01-Apr-09, 10:03
Well done Fran, you are right, Aaldtimer and Binbob are the huntegowks [lol]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7951974.stm

teabags....droughts..................?????:roll:

joxville
01-Apr-09, 11:06
I drive a diesel and only drink coffee so I'm alright Jack. ;)

Fran
01-Apr-09, 16:31
I drive a diesel and only drink coffee so I'm alright Jack. ;)

You will be paying extra for diesel too.

Fran
01-Apr-09, 16:34
The price of tea has increased because of the falling value of the pound and very dry weather in kenya, India and China . the price of coffee will also increase for the same reason.

Fran
01-Apr-09, 16:36
Thank you Bekisman and Golach. You know an april fool when you see one but know i am not one, thankyou!!!!

joxville
01-Apr-09, 16:58
You will be paying extra for diesel too.
No I won't-I syphon it out of parked ambulances at night.[lol]