PDA

View Full Version : Moving with pets...

alex
01-Apr-09, 00:04
Thanks to ... for the help on this one ;)

I took advice from ZSL (London Zoo) and you're right - Oliver the elephant, will be better off there in Regent's Park (South African Airways have donated the flight - fabulous! Thank you SAA!) but I can't leave Sheba so she'll be coming with me. The girl, Helen at Voyagers (thank you) in Lusaka, the travel agent, has got her a dog ticket (whatever that is) and she'll be most upset being a leopard (cat) :eek:

I never realised travelling with animals would be this hard! Did you know you have to get licences and passports for everyone? Paperwork grrr...

The birds will have to stay behind. I finally got the tortoise a passport (you're not allowed to move tortoises normally bacause they're protected species) but I don't think he'll make it so I'll find him a home here in Zambia.

Please everyone, be nice to Sheba when we get there :) She's tame for me but she is a wild animal and she'll need to acclimatise, we both will!

What day is it today? So much to do - so little time...

Fran
01-Apr-09, 00:29
good luck with your move and hope all goes well for you and sheba.What a worry you must have with all you have got to do yet.

butterfly
01-Apr-09, 02:21
Good luck with the move. 1 question though! Are you talking about a leopard or a wee cat that looks like a leopard? Folks here are just wondering what you mean.:confused

Aaldtimer
01-Apr-09, 02:48
I think Alex is winding us up! Sheba the dog/leopard huh?
Do you not think we've got enough Big Cats in this country already?
(Alegedly):eek:
(April 1st!)

binbob
01-Apr-09, 06:23
Thanks to ... for the help on this one ;)

I took advice from ZSL (London Zoo) and you're right - Oliver the elephant, will be better off there in Regent's Park (South African Airways have donated the flight - fabulous! Thank you SAA!) but I can't leave Sheba so she'll be coming with me. The girl, Helen at Voyagers (thank you) in Lusaka, the travel agent, has got her a dog ticket (whatever that is) and she'll be most upset being a leopard (cat)

I never realised travelling with animals would be this hard! Did you know you have to get licences and passports for everyone? Paperwork grrr...

The birds will have to stay behind. I finally got the tortoise a passport (you're not allowed to move tortoises normally bacause they're protected species) but I don't think he'll make it so I'll find him a home here in Zambia.

Please everyone, be nice to Sheba when we get there :) She's tame for me but she is a wild animal and she'll need to acclimatise, we both will!

What day is it today? So much to do - so little time...

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!:lol:

Thumper
01-Apr-09, 08:31
Loving this post Alex....well done it fair made my morning!;) x

alex
01-Apr-09, 11:07
Well it's midday here in Zambia so time to fess up.

The elephant, leopard, tortoise and birds all do exist but, of course, they are all wild and just happen to live on the same land as I did. I said Good Bye to them all the other day and am now in Lusaka selling off my assets extremely cheaply!

Have a lovely day everyone :D

anneoctober
01-Apr-09, 11:13
Well it's midday here in Zambia so time to fess up.

The elephant, leopard, tortoise and birds all do exist but, of course, they are all wild and just happen to live on the same land as I did. I said Good Bye to them all the other day and am now in Lusaka selling off my assets extremely cheaply!

Have a lovely day everyone :D
Think you should be saving SOME of your assets for the ladies of Caithness, Alex - you won't have seen wildlife like this before.......[lol]

alex
01-Apr-09, 11:19
Think you should be saving SOME of your assets for the ladies of Caithness, Alex - you won't have seen wildlife like this before.......[lol]

:eek: Uh oh, I'm in trouble!

Fran
01-Apr-09, 16:39

Yes thats true, they are all running up the hills chasing the haggis' :lol:for dinner.

binbob
01-Apr-09, 16:48
Yes thats true, they are all running up the hills chasing the haggis' :lol:for dinner.

well fran ..u fell for this one!!!![lol]