PDA

View Full Version : Skinandi's nightclub should refurbished and get its act together or closed down

Eagleclaw68
31-Mar-09, 16:30
On Saturday night I went out for a few drams with my mates and eventually ended up in Skinandi's night club, its been a longtime since I've been Skinandi's and five minutes in the the place I thought I just entered hell, what a dump Skinandi's has become and the mens toilets are a disgrace for nightclub standards, all that money the owner must be raking in and not bothering with maintenance. While chatting with my mates watching the lovely women dance a scuffle broke out between two lads and the bouncer just stood there and did nothing, a nightclub anywhere else the bouncers would be in about it kicking people out not just standing laughing at it then picking up the peaces when the fight is all over and these Skinandi's bouncers are suppose to be registered Bouncers, the way some of these Skinandi's bouncers act would cause confrontation. Also i've come to the conclusion that some area's of Skinandi's is lacking CCTV cover, I don't want to go into much detail about the areas but these areas are where most trouble kicks off. Well I think Skinandi's would a be a good ending for a night out if the owner got their act together by keeping the nightclub well maintained and disciplined the bouncers in doing their jobs properly and then Skinandi's reputation would improve. It must be the worst nightclub in the Highlands just now.

ranny_20
31-Mar-09, 16:38
You didnt have to stay the whole night and creep out the woman if you didnt want to, whats the point doing it up if he is raking the cash in as it is.....if you had a brothel and were getting lots of punters would you do it up?...........no whats the point if its making loads of cash already.......its a nightclub its not going to be spotless................its not called CLEANANDIS is it?

changilass
31-Mar-09, 16:48
Eagleclaw is there anything you like about Thurso or Caithness as I have only ever seen you come on here and slag the place off, if its so bad why do you stay?

*Martin*
31-Mar-09, 16:51
I've missed your ranting http://pics.miarroba.com/caretos/lol.gif

BRIE
31-Mar-09, 18:42
I agree with you on this one. I havent been in the place for over 3 yrs now. my OH went in 2 years ago a fight broke out & he tryed to brake it up, bouncers came over grabbed him & marched him to the door he tryed to explain the fight was nothing to do with him, the bouncer punched him in the face & threw him down the stairs!! :eek:
no point trying to complain either, we knew the bouncers name & the reply we got was he doesnt work here!

Bazeye
31-Mar-09, 18:51
Maybe if people didnt fight in there and spill their drinks/smash their glasses etc Mr Cardosi might spend some money on it. Whats the point of spending money on it just so some scrotes who cant handle their drink(and drugs) are going to carry on wrecking it.

bish667
01-Apr-09, 11:00
Its like a big circle tho, the more a state it is the more people are happy to spill their drinks :lol:
Nightclubs anywhere else dont let people in when their really drunk but anyone gets let in up here just so they can make more money.

Blondie
01-Apr-09, 11:23
Yeah especially the underagers [disgust]

buddyrich
01-Apr-09, 11:30
Eagleclaw is there anything you like about Thurso or Caithness as I have only ever seen you come on here and slag the place off, if its so bad why do you stay?

I love that, it's the classic argument people use when someone insults some aspect of local life. "If you dont like it then go away". It's classic george w bush.

Skinandis? Well, people get the entertainment they deserve. Someone pointed out that people continue to go there whatever state it's in, so i guess it's just tough. No other venue can compete with the late licence anyway.

It'd be nice if thurso had a real choice of weekend entertainment, be it live comedy or music or whatever, but the majority would rather go to a glorified school disco in a dingy warehouse to be bombarded with the same chart music they get all week. They're not being ordered there at gunpoint.

mccaugm
01-Apr-09, 12:20
Would people still go in Skins, if another cleaner, better managed nightclub was opened, I doubt it? Its more a lack of competition thats causes the problem. I can see why Mr C does not bother doing it up, why bother if people dont have any other choice. If another one opened and he started losing money then I am sure that it would be renovated quick smart. So why doesnt someone put their money where there mouth is and open an alternative venue.

the_big_mac
01-Apr-09, 12:35
I love that, it's the classic argument people use when someone insults some aspect of local life. "If you dont like it then go away". It's classic george w bush.

Skinandis? Well, people get the entertainment they deserve. Someone pointed out that people continue to go there whatever state it's in, so i guess it's just tough. No other venue can compete with the late licence anyway.

It'd be nice if thurso had a real choice of weekend entertainment, be it live comedy or music or whatever, but the majority would rather go to a glorified school disco in a dingy warehouse to be bombarded with the same chart music they get all week. They're not being ordered there at gunpoint.

I agree to a point.

However being bombarded with the same chart music week in week out makes it sound like its the clubs/Dj's choice. Thats simply not true. The only reason the same "music" is played is because its the same people that are there week in week out. They ask for it, they demand it, they shout scream and cry for it, and in some instances get rather violent when they are told that they cant have it.

If folk want a different atmosphere it is up to them to turn up and have a good time when the club tries different things.

hotrod4
01-Apr-09, 13:37
Having been involved in the Nightclub business for a number of years in the 90's I can assure you that they dont make as much money as you think.There are very high overheads and you have to remember they only have 2 days to make what other bars have 7 days to make.
Thats no excuse for a "dirty" club or Bouncers not doing their job.If the Bouncers arent performing contact the owner and state that you will request that their Door licence is revoked unless it changes. If the Toilets are dirty post it on the org!!!!![lol]

Kenneth
01-Apr-09, 14:44
Have to say working in Skinandi's drove me crazy

People there are so flipping rude loud obnoxious smelly annoying violent etc etc! oh yes and DRUNKer than anywhere else

The music, was never a fan, but what can you do as a DJ there other than play what the crowd want. Would like to hear some more different stuff though. No more dolly parton NO MORE I BEG YOU!!

Big mac any chance you could play Walking on A Dream by Empire of the Sun for me on Saturday seeing as its my birthday weekend?

the_big_mac
01-Apr-09, 15:19
Have to say working in Skinandi's drove me crazy

People there are so flipping rude loud obnoxious smelly annoying violent etc etc! oh yes and DRUNKer than anywhere else

The music, was never a fan, but what can you do as a DJ there other than play what the crowd want. Would like to hear some more different stuff though. No more dolly parton NO MORE I BEG YOU!!

Big mac any chance you could play Walking on A Dream by Empire of the Sun for me on Saturday seeing as its my birthday weekend?

You gonna get violent if i dont? ;)

Kenneth
01-Apr-09, 15:46
nah probs just go

"shmirhsh....ahm...gonnae......get ....ye..sdjsherusu"

and fall over in a heap! its my special move

ranny_20
01-Apr-09, 15:54
me and the boys would love some YMCA, my mates Ricky,Darren and Yon love that song it makes them feel special. Kenny Happy Birthday

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Apr-09, 16:59
Are the 'security' actually licensed to be as such? I'd be interested to find the answer to that one.

mama2
01-Apr-09, 17:47
Are the 'security' actually licensed to be as such? I'd be interested to find the answer to that one.

You'll be interested to know then that they are licenced! Was in on Sat night and seen at least 3 bouncers with their licences.

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Apr-09, 17:52
Thanks. No need to be so defensive, though, I was only asking. Hope I didn't offend your friend/ family member/ staff etc.

mama2
01-Apr-09, 18:04
Thanks. No need to be so defensive, though, I was only asking. Hope I didn't offend your friend/ family member/ staff etc.

Not defensive! You asked a question, I answered it - Simple.

the_big_mac
01-Apr-09, 19:10

They have to be.