PDA

View Full Version : Where is Tugmistress?

bigjjuk
24-Feb-06, 11:59
The weatherman has been promising a really cold spell to hit us roundabout sunday, with northerly winds and significant snowfall. I instantly pop on here to see Tugmisstresses update, to see none. So tuggy are we gonna get the white stuff??? Shall i build up my sons hope for next week? and mine? and shall i get the sledge waxed up and cleaned for a downhill race against the neighbours:)?

Tugmistress
24-Feb-06, 12:10
Hiya BigJ :)
posted about it last night briefly on a thread that i think has gone off page one now :)

How I see things at the moment is that from Sunday we will be in an airflow from the arctic (brrrrr) for about 5 days - but that's another 8 days away and it may shorten or lengthen in duration yet, i will let you know when i do - with almost constant light snow showers from what precipitation is being forecast at the moment.
I would certainly think that north facing slopes may end up being good for a wee bit of sledging (says she fingers crossed or it's egg on the face time lol)
Snow is one of the hardest things to predict because there are about 8 different factors needed to all come together correctly, but it is looking good so far! obviously the higher above sea level the better but i think the temps should be cold enough even for me to see a bit of the white fluffy stuff and i will be over the moon if i can build a snowman :D

unicorn
24-Feb-06, 12:11
It will definately snow on monday cos its my b'day and I get snow every year for it lol :)

cuddlepop
24-Feb-06, 14:52
Thats why it was snowing when we were up before christmas cause it was my birthday.Unicorn birthdays arent the same without some snow are they?Never thought you were a Pisces your more of a Virgo i thought.
The new moon on the 28th is set to turn your life around!!!!!!:Razz

unicorn
24-Feb-06, 14:57
I dont want my life turned around lol it's confusing enough!! But snow on your birthday is always a nice present!!

Saveman
24-Feb-06, 15:45
Unless your birthday is in July ;)

wickerinca
24-Feb-06, 19:39
We had snow on a golf course in Newfoundland on the 12th of July in 1996, I think it was !!!!

ice box
25-Feb-06, 23:16
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)

So we getting the white stuff then

brandy
25-Feb-06, 23:21
please pleas wait til wed we are going to inverness for our spa day on tues!

angela5
25-Feb-06, 23:26
please pleas wait til wed we are going to inverness for our spa day on tues!

brandy you could always..
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_17.gif

Tugmistress
25-Feb-06, 23:38
Well all i can promise now is that it is mor than likely that anything falling out of the sky now will fall as snow :)
let's hope we were due a downpour! :D
Dew point cold enough
temp cold enough
upper air temp cold enough
we just need the wet stuff to make it work :D

ice box
25-Feb-06, 23:44
Fingers crossed when is it excepted

Tugmistress
26-Feb-06, 00:28
a few days ago i originally thought tomorrow tea time ish, but looking at it now, maybe not until monday evening now and it may start off as a belt of rain before the snow hits us, but when it comes, it's going to be brrrrr & white for quite a few days which i hope makes up for the delay :D
Just waiting on a personal reply from an actual forecaster too, which i will add into this post when it comes :D

Tugmistress
26-Feb-06, 00:49
An acquaintance, who is also a pro forecaster has just done his take on this area for me, slightly different to mine :confused ....

sun=a few showers from mid day on, rain poss sleet

mon=more probably sleet, soft hail and some snow

tue=probably soft hail, sleet and snow, may accumulate early and late

wed=ease off? for a time

thur= shows quite a lot of ppn so possibly moderate snow showers and lying snow

fri =similar at first tending to ease off

sat=looks dry at minute but its a heck of a long way off, best only to look 48-72 hours for this kind of detail

latest computer products, for your part of the world, suggest, still a wintry touch to the weather right into next weekend.

cuddlepop
26-Feb-06, 00:57
Really cold over in Portree with a bite to the wind
LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW...... IS THERE A DANCE WE CAN DO WICKERINCA JUST LIKE THE RED INDIAN RAIN DANCE.i was shouting cause your soooo far away.!!!![lol]

ice box
26-Feb-06, 00:57
well off doon the road to work on monday and back on friday hope the roads are clear

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Feb-06, 01:02
A wee wifie told me the day that its going to start snowing on Monday and that its going to keep going until Thursday.It was something to do with a wart on her foot.Tell ye all though,ma sandwich didnae go down to well at lunch after this.

cuddlepop
26-Feb-06, 11:51
Whats the weather doing now?Here it was clear blue sky's till about 10,cloud rolled in from north now wind dropped sky gettin heavy hope its full of snow:p

Tugmistress
26-Feb-06, 14:59
grey & wet, gone too warm for snow so we are just stuck with the wet stuff for now.
looks like things have definately slowed down and the white stuff should arrive tomorrow, hope it is worth the wait :confused: