PDA

View Full Version : The Weigh Inn

ShelleyCowie
30-Mar-09, 22:24
Me and the OH went to the Weigh Inn tonight for dinner. It was our first time out without our son. And i have to say what a beautiful meal we had.

I had the 8oz Rump Steak, chips, onion rings, breaded mushrooms and grilled tomato. (steak med-rare) and was cooked to perfection! it was definetely more than an 8oz steak actually. Beautiful. £9.95

OH had Macaroni, chips and salad. very generous serving of both the macaroni and chips. OH said it was lovely and tasty. £6.95

Bar/waiting staff very friendly. No complaints at all.

Would definetely recommend it for a meal! :Razz

dragonfly
30-Mar-09, 22:34
ah thats where you were coming from when you passed me yapping away while the dogs were bored!

I agree about the Weigh Inn, 12 of us were there on Saturday night and all but 1 of us were very happy with our meals. A quiet word with staff about the 1 meal that was not great saw it knocked off the bill

ShelleyCowie
30-Mar-09, 23:27
ah thats where you were coming from when you passed me yapping away while the dogs were bored!

I agree about the Weigh Inn, 12 of us were there on Saturday night and all but 1 of us were very happy with our meals. A quiet word with staff about the 1 meal that was not great saw it knocked off the bill

Yep! Saw the lovely doggies! :D They are bigger than you would think, as i got closer they seemed to grow significantly! lol.

It is good that they take complaints seriously too then. Unlike some other places i have been to across Caithness you basically get their shoulders shrugged at you.

But yeah it was a lovely meal, great prices and lovely staff. The conservatory area is really nice too, warmer than i thot it wud be! :Razz

*Martin*
31-Mar-09, 17:02
My Great auntie (in her 70's) was up the other week for my sisters wedding. She was absolutely delighted with the staff. They were polite and couldn't be more helpful. They even phoned and arranged a hair appointment for her.

The food at the wedding was bloody amazing and the portion sizes were massive http://www.dgemu.com/forums/html/emoticons/drool.gif

dragonfly
31-Mar-09, 17:24
Yep! Saw the lovely doggies! :D They are bigger than you would think, as i got closer they seemed to grow significantly! lol.

yes, they are much bigger than labradors

The food at the wedding was bloody amazing and the portion sizes were massive http://www.dgemu.com/forums/html/emoticons/drool.gif

massive just about sums up the portion sizes! very good value for money

orris
24-Apr-09, 21:42
the weigh inn is getting a good reputation for the FOOD and staff

Rie
27-Apr-09, 18:10
Have to say i love going for a meal at the weigh inn always find the food excelent and the staff very friendly, and if they are very busy always an appology if there is a wait for food.
would recomend to any one.:D

beth210486
27-Apr-09, 21:21
We got married in the weigh inn last june and the food was fab, everyone seemed really happy and I heard no complaints. The manager was fantastic, though some of the waitress weren't so good, one dropped veg in my drink and didn't even apologise - just left me to pick it all out! LOL! I would definately recommend the weigh inn for weddings as they are so helpful with everything.