PDA

View Full Version : Crimewatch...

percy toboggan
30-Mar-09, 22:22
I know it's unlikely but if you know any of these men...live with them, or work with them please call the cops.

Don't have nightmares, even if you sleep with them. Just do the right thing.

First time I've seen this programme since the very Scottish Ms.Young started to present. She's rather good. Though I prefer her doing Desert Island Discs - we should do that on the .org perhaps.
Some nasty lookin' fugitives 'ere....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/

Julia
30-Mar-09, 23:21
Notice the 'most wanted' are all men!

percy toboggan
30-Mar-09, 23:51
Notice the 'most wanted' are all men!

I'd noticed that too.
And three of them are white.
A poor turn out for Britain's indigenous miscreants.
The criminal classes are under represented and must try harder.
The bloke in the baseball cap looks a bit of a numpty but I bet he isn't !

No.3 is Irish apparently, and cut off a mans ear!- allegedly.

gleeber
31-Mar-09, 00:00
Hes a builder Percy. Had a hard life. I cant help but notice your up late. Who was it used to say after crimewatch, dont get nightmares? I hope your not getting nightmares. Somebody Taylor it was. Shaw Taylor was it?
I think when I watched that tonight the terror of the victims came across really powerfully. There are some nasty people around and Its time they paid for their crimes of voilence.

joxville
31-Mar-09, 00:30
I'd noticed that too.
And three of them are white.
A poor turn out for Britain's indigenous miscreants.
The criminal classes are under represented and must try harder.
quote]

What difference does their race make percy? Would you have preferred all ten to be white-or all coloured so that you could call for them to be deported?

[quote=gleeber;526199]Who was it used to say after crimewatch, dont get nightmares? I hope your not getting nightmares. Somebody Taylor it was. Shaw Taylor was it?
You're thinking of Nick Ross, who was the original male presenter alongside Jill Dando.

DeHaviLand
31-Mar-09, 00:53
Shaw Taylor presented Police 5. Whoops, am I that old?

joxville
31-Mar-09, 00:59
Shaw Taylor presented Police 5. Whoops, am I that old?

Afraid so DH. :D

Shaw Taylor's saying was 'Keep 'em peeled'.

percy toboggan
31-Mar-09, 13:36
Hes a builder Percy. Had a hard life. I cant help but notice your up late. Who was it used to say after crimewatch, dont get nightmares? I hope your not getting nightmares. Somebody Taylor it was. Shaw Taylor was it?
I think when I watched that tonight the terror of the victims came across really powerfully. There are some nasty people around and Its time they paid for their crimes of voilence.

Indeed gleeber, there is much nastiness out there. Apart from home produced nastiness we have imported a wedge of it as well. I do my best to steer clear of it though. I'm in no position to kick up a fuss....indeed kick up anything at the moment. Having been out and about of late I've encountered mostly cheerful, helpful folk - or perhaps they take pity..I dunno.

I was indeed up late last night: I'm now a sponger, on the sick...except I've had beggar all money yet. DWP have already kicked out a claim which I could have submitted in umpteen different languages....though they refused it in just one.

My SSP - an underwhelming amount I'm sure will commence this week I'm told.

As Mrs T is now officially surplus to requirements after 25 years it all adds up to belt tightening & tough times at Toboggan Towers. Nevermind: some will say it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke whilst rolling their eyes. Others will offer sympathy, and a few might even send money :cool:

So, my body clock is changing. No longer am I ready to hit the hay at half-nine !

Incidentally, I think it was Nick Ross who coined the 'don't have nightmares' sign-off but I could be wrong. As his partner in Crimewatch was shot in the head at point blank range on her own doorstep I'm not sure we should heed his advice. Sleep tight tonight old chum.;)

(toboggan - trying hard to provide good value entertainment in words despite the downturn in 'is fortunes like.)