PDA

View Full Version : Complaining??

Dadie
30-Mar-09, 21:02
I need help to complain.
Someone wrote on this site a while ago about finding the headquarters of a store on the back of the reciept but how do you find out where to phone if you are having no joy with the store before resorting to a letter?
Having a bit of a problem in a certain store about goods being ordered and them not being able to get the order right!

Each
30-Mar-09, 21:23
Are they a company - if so their details will be available at the comapnies register

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/35f5f0490ea5b1f11a9cd9367a59e50c/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

You will get address of HQ - Im not sure about telephone though - but once you have address it whould be easy to find on bt's online phone book.

Good Luck

stewart4364
30-Mar-09, 21:30
Phone Trading Standards, Highland Council in Inverness and they should be able to advise you. If you happen to have a complaint about faulty goods it IS the responsibility of the shop where the goods were purchased to deal with the matter and hopefully come to a satisfactory solution. They may tell you to contact the manufacturer but that is wrong and it is up to them to sort it out. Do not be fobbed off by lame excuses. Hopefully this is of some help to you and you get your problem sorted out.

Dadie
30-Mar-09, 21:37
Lack of goods is the major problem!
And getting the run around:~(

stewart4364
30-Mar-09, 21:39
Is it the fault of the shop assistant not ordering the correct goods or someone at the other end? If it comes to a stalemate the shop may turn round and tell you that they are not going to sell you the particular goods you had ordered. They are quite within their rights not to sell items to you although I would not consider that option to be very good for business. If you had paid a deposit for the goods and were not getting the correct ones I feel that would be a breach of contract.

Dadie
30-Mar-09, 21:42
I will pm you
I have given them a last chance until fri before I name and shame!

Corrigall51
30-Mar-09, 22:35
You have my sympathy,we are having terrible problems concerning a lounge suite bought in Inverness spoke to trading standards but its very difficult to get anywhere we are at the stage of naming and shaming:(

joxville
31-Mar-09, 01:12
I need help to complain.
Someone wrote on this site a while ago about finding the headquarters of a store on the back of the reciept but how do you find out where to phone if you are having no joy with the store before resorting to a letter?
Having a bit of a problem in a certain store about goods being ordered and them not being able to get the order right!
Are they a large company? In the time it took you to compose your post you could gave done a web search and got the company's home page which in most cases has a 'contact us' option. From that you should get Head Office address and phone number. As an example I typed in Kwik Fit and within 10 seconds had the above info.

Dadie
31-Mar-09, 07:43
Already done that!
Spoke to a machine and listened to greensleeves:eek:
not fun...no humans.......just press 1 to be held in a never answered queue with an automated voice telling me my call is important to them and will be answered shortly!

Dadie
31-Mar-09, 09:22
Hopefully getting somewhere...dont know where though:D
Spoke to the regional managers admin who was horrified!
and the regional manager is going to get in contact tommorow (he is in Leeds today)