PDA

View Full Version : planning an extension

lotsoflovelorraine
30-Mar-09, 20:50
Hi

im planning putting up an extension but i don`t know where to begin can any1 help please :(

gleeber
30-Mar-09, 20:54
Find someone to do drawings and perhaps do all the beaurocratic stuff through the council. Once you have drawings done get prices for work from various builders. Sign cheques.

Whitewater
30-Mar-09, 22:11
Get your drgs done, then submit them to the planning department, after you have received planning permission you can go about sending out you plans to various contractors and selecting the one you think has fulfilled the requirement, but study the quotes carefully, make sure everything is covered. Do not assume that what they quote covers all your requirements, do not hesitate to ask them if you are unsure about any point.

teenybash
Have plans drawn and then submit to planning dept, along with cheque and wait for permission to come through. Have all your costing done and materials sourced.... and begin. Building officer will call to inspect at different stages of work and when completed will issue you with a building warrent. Whew!!!!!!!!

celtic lass
weve just got a garage built and oh dear the red tape can be a nightmare get someone to draw up your plans first but ask them how long its going to take we didnt and after waiting 9 months for the plans i went and got someone else when they are done get your application for permission ,get prices,then building warrants once you decide whos building hopefully with credit crunch youl get a good price ,its cut throat at the moment good luck:)

Bazeye
31-Mar-09, 10:21
Sounds as though it would be easier and a lot less hassle just to move house.:eek:

lotsoflovelorraine
31-Mar-09, 21:02
thanks u have really helped me

Cheers:D