PDA

View Full Version : PIF Designer

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-09, 12:21
I had a clean up and defragment on my laptop and had a look in add and remove hardware.

I went down the list of stuff installed on my computer and anything that I don’t use or have not been used for a long time I deleted.

When I had finished deleting surplus programs (some of which I knew what they were for and some I didn’t) I did a defragment and when I had finished I had lost my wireless connection.

I rebooted and pressed the wireless connection button but still no connection. I then did a system restore back to before the point of where I started to delete stuff, but still no connection.

One of the things that I deleted, but not sure of what it was for is PIF DESGNER which showed as not been used since 2004. Would this be the cause of the problem?

I can get on line using the Ethernet cable, but this is very inconvenient so any advice on this one gratefully received.

Regards KM

blueivy
30-Mar-09, 13:48
I had a clean up and defragment on my laptop and had a look in add and remove hardware.

I went down the list of stuff installed on my computer and anything that I don’t use or have not been used for a long time I deleted.

When I had finished deleting surplus programs (some of which I knew what they were for and some I didn’t) I did a defragment and when I had finished I had lost my wireless connection.

I rebooted and pressed the wireless connection button but still no connection. I then did a system restore back to before the point of where I started to delete stuff, but still no connection.

One of the things that I deleted, but not sure of what it was for is PIF DESGNER which showed as not been used since 2004. Would this be the cause of the problem?

I can get on line using the Ethernet cable, but this is very inconvenient so any advice on this one gratefully received.

Regards KM

Kevin,

NEVER EVER delete something unless you know what it is!

Anyway, it's done now.

PIF Designer I found here (http://support.epson.ru/products/drivers/100182/manual/intro_1.htm). It's a card designer for Epson printers by the looks of things.

Chances are you have deleted the drivers or application for your wireless hardware. Download the drivers for it again from the manufacturers website and install them.

Are there any problems showing up in Device Manager?

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-09, 15:53
Are there any problems showing up in Device Manager?[/quote]

Hi Paul and thank you for your time and advice once again.

The device manager is not showing anything unusual .:confused

I will get on the Systemax web site and see what I can find.

Regards KM