PDA

View Full Version : st.Mary`s crosskirk>>burial records

johndsmith
30-Mar-09, 11:38
Has anyone got or know where i can find burial records for the above?. My Gt.Grandad was buried there on 6th Sept 1913 and i am looking for lair No. Also my Gt.Grannie Jesse (dunnet) Smith who died 24th November 1906, I have been unable so far to find burial place. Jesse was born in Wick so I think that in those days the deceased was removed back to the parish that they were born in. Can any of the Orgers help?. (Gt Grandads Name was David Edward Medley Smith).

lindadorren
30-Mar-09, 12:27
Have you tried asking Historic Scotland who seem to have the church on their site as one of their properties? It gives the location as 6 miles west of Thurso and there are some nice pictures of the now ruinous chapel.
Good luck.

Linda

johndsmith
30-Mar-09, 12:49
thanks Linda tried hysterical Scotland (if you have dealt with them you will know why I call them this) they say that if they had recards they have been lost

motopitcrew
31-Mar-09, 07:57
try the council in thurso as they performed the last few burials thair dont know if they have the records but they will be able to tell you who does hope this helps

johndsmith
31-Mar-09, 11:38
thanks motopitcrew...tried council unfortunatly they dont know where records went..

wifie
05-Apr-09, 23:59
How are you getting on with this, John? I really hope you find what you are looking for.

johndsmith
06-Apr-09, 11:22
thanks Wifie no luck yet but stll trying

wifie
06-Apr-09, 12:18
Keep us up to date in here mannie - I know it is important to you. :)