PDA

View Full Version : Gills ferry

Tighsonas4
29-Mar-09, 17:42
he must be trying a crafty run as by ais she is on her way to gills at the moment. must be doing the 5 oclock run instead of the claymore
maybe a good idea [lol] [lol]tony

Tighsonas4
29-Mar-09, 20:31
he must be trying a crafty run as by ais she is on her way to gills at the moment. must be doing the 5 oclock run instead of the claymore
travelled all the way to gills but worth it as i got about 20 shots with camera
getting lined up is still a bit of a problemhe left as i did and by the time i got home he wasback over[duing 19 knots] tony

ett23
29-Mar-09, 23:01
That's good I'm glad to hear the Pentalina did the evening run from gills. A couple of friends of mine were heading back on that crossing and were keen to try out the new ferry, but they weren't sure if it was still going to be operational by the evening. Apparently they've been doing test runs on it all week so they seem quite happy with they way it's running now. Here's hoping they've ironed out all the creases and it'll be plain sailing (pardon the pun) from now on. Interestingly I also heard some of the crew were suffering from seasickness on the new ferry because of the way it rocks on the water. The Claymore tends to roll from side to side but the Pentalina rolls from front to back, and that was upsetting some of their stomachs! Hope they manage to get their sea legs back!!! :lol:

selkie
01-Apr-09, 20:20
My friend from Orkney made her first crossing on Tuesday morning and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. No seasickness and she doesn't like boats! Very comfortable, great views and only 50 minutes. Looking forward to my first trip.

silverfox57
01-Apr-09, 20:32
tony think you should get free run on her ,for all your up dates on her from the start :)

LENSMAN
02-Apr-09, 19:41
Disappointed to see that the early morning sailing has disappeared.
Heading to Shetland in the summer and will now be using the John o Groats ferry as it should get us over in time to catch the 11:05 flight to Sumburgh.

Tighsonas4
02-Apr-09, 20:08
by his timetable all his sailings all summer start 8,00 am
hardly have you in time for your trip tony