PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Carvery

sjr014
29-Mar-09, 14:02
Where all does Sunday Carvary, have tried Castletown just wondered if there was anywhere else that does this?

mama2
29-Mar-09, 15:25
Ulbster Arms Hotel, Halkirk and Northern Sands, Dunnet both do a Sunday Carvery, can't think of anywhere else

Bobinovich
29-Mar-09, 17:29
Haven't been for a while but the Northern Sands is highly recommended. Wasn't so taken with Ulbster Arms but it has been taken over since so will try again in due course.

binbob
29-Mar-09, 18:00
Haven't been for a while but the Northern Sands is highly recommended. Wasn't so taken with Ulbster Arms but it has been taken over since so will try again in due course.

ulbster arms still not great...worth a miss....

sjr014
29-Mar-09, 20:12
Thanks folks! Ended up going to The Old Smiddy Inn at Thrumster and it was lovely!

catran
29-Mar-09, 22:11
The good old Smidde Inn Thrumster, can't beat it anwhere in Caithenss oops spelling mistooks....:lol:

ett23
29-Mar-09, 23:25
Anyone got any idea of prices for the carvery at these places - Ulbster Arms, Northern Sands and Smiddy Inn? :confused

Fran
30-Mar-09, 02:01
Castletown was £11 for 3 course carvery lunch on sundays last time i was there. I'm going this sunday.

binbob
30-Mar-09, 09:44
It was £ 11, 50 YESTERDAY...i was there...;)

scorpion
30-Mar-09, 18:08
Make sure you book in plenty of time Fran ,we couldn`t get a table in the afternoon or evening yesterday as they were fully booked !

binbob
30-Mar-09, 20:25
Make sure you book in plenty of time Fran ,we couldn`t get a table in the afternoon or evening yesterday as they were fully booked !

i booked a week ahead...

openminder
31-Mar-09, 15:06
Yeah northern sands is great last time i went,, gona try again this sunday as i love a great carvery,, been to a few but this is defo ma favourite.:D:lol:

kjl
02-Apr-09, 20:10
We were at the ulbster carvery on mothers day and it was soooo good that we went back the next week. FABULOUS and very reasonable. Staff were brill and very accommodating.
Highly recommended

wickscorrie
06-Apr-09, 19:00
we're booked for the sunday carvery at castletown this weekend really looking forward to it, maybe will fast from friday onwards in anticipation!!!

Earlhickey
08-Apr-09, 19:56
Does anyone know what times the carvery at The Northern Sands serves on Sunday. Thinking of going on sunday night.

Fran
09-Apr-09, 01:40
Went to Castletown again on sunday, it was great. Lunches are till 4, then they start serving for the evening at 5pm....a busy day in the kitchen non-stop.

chocolatechip
24-Nov-09, 12:05
What is the name of the one in Castletown please?

igglepiggle
24-Nov-09, 13:47
i think it is now the Castletown Hotel, but was known as St Clair, Castletown. Hope this helps

shazzap
24-Nov-09, 14:47
Thanks folks! Ended up going to The Old Smiddy Inn at Thrumster and it was lovely!

When we went there the food was dire.
We found The Brown Trout in Watten to be the best we have had in a long while. Highly recommended.

ticbhoy
30-Nov-09, 10:40
Have been to the Ulbster for food twice now over last 6-8 weeks, excellent food, 14 of us went the 1st time and everyone was delighted with the quality and portions served up, well recommended