PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Mountain

Fluff
29-Mar-09, 13:01
Watched this on channel 4 last night, I have wanted to see it for a while.
I was pleasantly surprised, it was a very good film and the acting was brilliant.
I can see why it was oscar winning etc.. and I did shed a wee tear at the end.
Well worth watching

bettedaviseyes
29-Mar-09, 22:33
i seen this film ages ago and i totally agree with you i had a good cry at the end of the film and i have done a few times again when i have watched it :(

Julia
29-Mar-09, 22:46
I just watched it, it was okay but a bit boring in parts.

ShelleyCowie
30-Mar-09, 00:11
I have it on DVD. I own every movie Jake Gyllenhaal has been in...sad i know but he is my favourite actor!

Brokeback Mountain was genius made. Great Film. My OH refuses to watch it though. :confused

marlyn
30-Mar-09, 08:09
Strange that Shelley, my OH refused to watch it too!!

I have it recorded and going to watch it one night this week when he is away - and the little cherub is in bed!

Julia
30-Mar-09, 10:07
Nobody could accuse Brokeback Mountain of being romantic!

percy toboggan
30-Mar-09, 10:11
The film caused a long, vituperative thread on the general forum upon its release. I commented then that I didn't fancy the prospect of kissing cowpokes - or even handy holding hombres. My views haven't change but I'd probably watch it now.
I missed its recent screening. One day I'll catch up with it but I'm in no hurry.

p. Jake Gyllenhall wa s on in 'Proof' last night BBC 2 - which perhaps I should have stuck with. It seemed a highly unusual film. An eleven hour drive had made me tired though. He is the image of my next door neighbours Grandson.

Fluff
30-Mar-09, 18:09
Percy be warned, it is surprisingly graphic!

Julia
30-Mar-09, 20:25
I'm now a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, RAWR!! He's top totty!

Gene Hunt
01-Apr-09, 14:41
I have seen this once as I bought it for my wife, I thought it was pretty good but the scenes of the blokes kissing made me cringe. In the words of Austin Powers .. "that's not my bag baby"

I am waiting for the remake called "Thrownonyourback Mountain" starring two playboy bunnies who become hot oil wrestlers and develop an attraction for each other ... now that I would watch.

balto
01-Apr-09, 21:21
I have it on DVD. I own every movie Jake Gyllenhaal has been in...sad i know but he is my favourite actor!

Brokeback Mountain was genius made. Great Film. My OH refuses to watch it though. :confused
funny shelley mine does to, but if it was 2 cowgirls it would be a different story.

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-09, 01:18
I watched it on 4 as well just to be a modern man:eek: and I think I would rather a good John Wayne film anyday.:roll:

Fluff
02-Apr-09, 11:35
Ah Kevin don't lie, I bet you were blubbering like a baby at the end!

Mik.M.
02-Apr-09, 13:14
I have seen this once as I bought it for my wife, I thought it was pretty good but the scenes of the blokes kissing made me cringe. In the words of Austin Powers .. "that's not my bag baby"

I am waiting for the remake called "Thrownonyourback Mountain" starring two playboy bunnies who become hot oil wrestlers and develop an attraction for each other ... now that I would watch.
Me too!!!:lol:

Valerie Campbell
02-Apr-09, 15:17
Doesn't bother me seeing them kiss, but might be different if I saw two girls going at it hammer and tongs... The story is a good one though and the cinematography is just superb, but I did find it was hard to catch what Heath Ledger said in places.