PDA

View Full Version : my new 'big' internet idea falls at first hurdle

percy toboggan
28-Mar-09, 16:08
I was going to starts of a site for aspiring comics and one line witticisms but the domain name has gone.

I shall still strive but given the interweb's most recent phenomenon I at least thought my website might pick up a few hits from the mis-spellers...

titter.com

sadly it's taken.
Back to the drawing pin.

Rheghead
28-Mar-09, 16:25
twitster.com could be a good one, no?:confused

Julia
28-Mar-09, 20:19
how about oneliners.com?

alex
28-Mar-09, 23:07
twitster.com could be a good one, no?:confused

how about oneliners.com?

Interesting suggestions but both gone! Actually it's very hard to find a good web name that's catchy. Just out of curiosity I spinned twitter.com around and discovered that all of the sensible close matches were either real sites or held by resellers.

Good luck in your endeavours...

Cinderella's Shoe
28-Mar-09, 23:12
Well you could try www.gordonbrown.com or www.alexsalmond.com

Both are comedians but I think most people are tired of their existing patter!

teenybash
29-Mar-09, 00:58
Here's another suggestion..............www.laughter-lines.com (http://www.laughter-lines.com) and it seems to be available.....just a thought.:eek:

greenasiamcabbagelooking
29-Mar-09, 01:45
Percy it seems to me like you've thought of the website name, had your eureka moment and then worried about the content of the website ....

for example ....

who would fund it ?
who would donate 1 liners ?
who would own the material ?
etc
etc

i remember a great invention from 2000ad where the sit down toilet user's deposit went through an 'electro void' net and stopped any 'splash back' occurring. one day i will build this invention and strike brown gold as i retire to my sun soaked island of harris :confused
could other orgers please suggest a website address for such an invention?

plopbegone.com is still available, but there must be a better name out there ...

Aaldtimer
29-Mar-09, 03:38
Percy it seems to me like you've thought of the website name, had your eureka moment and then worried about the content of the website ....

for example ....

who would fund it ?
who would donate 1 liners ?
who would own the material ?
etc
etc

i remember a great invention from 2000ad where the sit down toilet user's deposit went through an 'electro void' net and stopped any 'splash back' occurring. one day i will build this invention and strike brown gold as i retire to my sun soaked island of harris :confused
could other orgers please suggest a website address for such an invention?

plopbegone.com is still available, but there must be a better name out there ...

thejobbiewheecher.com...though maybe Billy Connolly already has that one!;)