PDA

View Full Version : Football, it's a funny old game.

Tymey
23-Feb-06, 16:51
For a change let's hear about the bits of football you really enjoy, that make you smile and remind you that it is the beautiful game...

Here are a few of mine:

France 1998. Scotland are a goal down to Norway, the Scottish fans began chanting "You only sing when you're whaling."

Northern Ireland fans humming the theme to The Dambusters against Germany at Windsor Park.

Rangers fans with a banner wishing Alan Stubbs well after his being diagnosed with testicular cancer.

Northern Ireland 1 England 0.

Saveman
23-Feb-06, 17:10
".........and Solksjaer has won it!!"

teddybear1873
23-Feb-06, 17:22
Wembley 1977, invaded by about 70,000 scots (maybe more) then taking e goalposts home and returfing there gardens....Always brings a smile on my face that

landmarker
23-Feb-06, 18:54
Some people think it's it all over.......1966 and all that...

(it probably is now, for me lol)

MGB1979
23-Feb-06, 19:50
Scoring the winner for Pulteneytoon in the Davie Cormack cup in 1989, best day o ma life *sniff*

thickrodney
23-Feb-06, 23:05
One of the bHoys getting sunburned in the north stand at the scottish cup final in 89 and the same bHoy falling asleep, in the south stand, the next year during the 2nd half of the final v aberdeen.

2little2late
23-Feb-06, 23:23
Seeing Rangers and Celtic getting beat.

golach
23-Feb-06, 23:30
Hibs beating the Huns 3 times this season

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Feb-06, 00:11
Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in 1983,2-1 in the European Cup Winners Cup,not an Aberdeen fan but was well proud to be Scottish that night.They had been given no chance the whole week in the papers,but then after the game every Scottish paper had a 150 page pull out on the victory.I remember this as I was a paperboy and we could only fit 4 Daily Records at a time in our bags.

canuck
24-Feb-06, 00:16
You thought that I knew nothing about football, and you were corrrect, I don't. However, I did visit a 12 year old at the Sick Children's Hospital of Toronto today. He was wearing his Manchester United shirt and feeling ever so much better because he had it on.

Loafer
24-Feb-06, 08:00
"And it's a disaster for Scotland"

How many times have YOU heard that!! Arthur Montford did it best!!

The Loafer